“Terrible, absolutely HORRIBLE!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Centerstone Suites

You added Centerstone Suites to your Saves list
Centerstone Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 North Access Road, Longview, TX 75602 (Formerly Comfort Suites Longview)   |
Ranked #26 of 31 Hotels in Longview
San Diego, California
“Terrible, absolutely HORRIBLE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!! I stayed here for a three night stay while in town for a wedding. The front desk concierge(s) where the most unprofessional individuals I have ever encountered. I remember their names and will describe below in detail how my interactions with each staff member went. First off most reviews/statistics for this hotel mention a check-in time of 3PM yet when you get your check-in paperwork it states check-in time as no earlier than 6PM, so which is it? I checked in at 4PM and was not turned down – nor did I receive any early check-in fee’s etc...
First issue, checked-in at the front desk by Jasmine who was a very polite, provided a check-in sheet and off I went to inspect the room. Upon entering the room I discovered that the leather computer chair at the desk was damaged (the top right corner of the chair looked like a bear had taken a bite out of it) so I calmly went back to the front desk and stated that I would like writing on my check-in sheet describing this discrepancy and do not expect to be charged for the damage. Jasmine obliged my request and stated “I am not surprised; one would find it hard to believe the stuff that goes on in these rooms.” Although I found her comment sort of unprofessional she did not give me any difficulty and honored my request.
I was provided accommodations in room 100 on the ground floor at the far corner of the building. This room is situated at the very end of a hallway right next to an electrical maintenance room and a key-card entry doorway to the outside (not to be confused with the main lobby entrance). All day and all night people would use the outdoor doorway and maintenance door/hallway rolling carts and making stomping footsteps while loudly talking without any regard for their guests. It was evident that nobody cared for any of the noise that they were making despite having kept my “Do Not Disturb” sign on the doorknob the entire stay (so people knew the room was occupied…) The noise levels where disruptive whether in the daytime (which is kind of expected…) but also while taking place after 10PM as well each of the evenings of my three night stay.
Upon the second day of my stay I received a call from the front desk in my room asking me to visit them (no details were given over the phone I was simply asked to come to the front desk) – I promptly went to the front desk per their request and the employee who I spoke to on the phone named Jason was now before me, he asked me when I checked in and told me that I was scheduled for a 2-night stay. I told him he was incorrect and my stay is for three nights. He began to tell me their system states that I am only staying two nights and that only two nights where paid for. I told him that is not what is on my check-in sheet and also does not match up with my printed invoice for my reservation. He began to tell me that there is an issue and that the hotel was not charging enough. He asked If when I checked in whether I had provided a credit card on file, I told him that I did and I asked that he not charge any extra fee’s to my credit card and I told him I would go back to my room to get my reservation invoice to show my quoted price and nightly-rates. I received the paperwork and came back to the front desk, he made a copy of it and told me he would take care of the problem, I asked if I should expect to see any extra fee’s on my credit-card, to which he replied “no, we are just trying to make sure we get our money.”
My guest and I left the hotel for a while and upon returning (after 12PM) we find out our room keys no longer work. I remember the earlier encounter with Jason and realize that their computer system must of deactivated our cards automatically under the assumption that we were only staying 2-nights. I went back to the front desk to see Jason once again (he was still there) and I said to him that based off the mistake earlier our keys must have been de-activated. He said “Oh.. yea.. let me re-key them.” He took them and re-keyed them while telling me that he fixed the issue with the charges for the room by calling Kayak (who I made my reservations through) and they themselves are going to pay for my final night’s stay (which to this day I still do not get, as I went through their website and paid for three nights as shown on my invoice) Furthermore, it irritated me a bit to learn that Jason could of re-keyed the room keys earlier that day when we discussed the ‘so-called-charge-issues’ knowing that they would of caused me to get locked out of the room later that day, instead he waited till I became locked out and had to come to the front desk (with all my belongings still in the room).
During the second night’s stay I decided to get a couple more towels so I was on my way to the front desk and once I reached the lobby I saw a housekeeper, I asked her If I could get three more towels at her convenience – she said sure and that she would bring them to me, I told her I would wait in the lobby, she said ‘ok’. Once she went off to get the towel’s I look over at the front desk to see it is unoccupied but then hear a woman’s voice behind me saying “Good Evening, is everything okay?” I turn around to meet Rhonda. I tell her everything is fine and that I was just asking for some more towel’s – she asks me if when I checked-in whether I had towel’s in the room, I said yes… I did, but I would like some more. To which she replied “Oh well you need to come over here than and we need to document that you’re asking for more…” I was astounded by such unprofessionalism and I said “excuse me?” and she said “we need to write it down for accountability, we had towel’s in your room but if were going to give you more we need to write it down.” She then made a big deal out of the fact that I requested some more towels after already having been given some. I found this to be extremely irritating in her attitude and demeanor acting as though I was out to steal some towels or something instead of just honoring my request. The housekeeper did not seem to have a problem honoring a paying guests request for more towels, but I had to receive attitude and a plethora of questions from the front desk about it?
Just like the first two nights of my stay during the night-time hours (after 10PM) I began to hear more loud carrying on outside the suite but not to be outdone by the loud noise of a vacuum being used above our room at 3AM. Yes that’s right, 3AM!! What time of hotel establishment has housekeeping cleaning rooms at 3AM!?!? Isn’t that the whole point of scheduling a check-in/check-out time so that rooms can be prepared for guests?
That’s not the end of the fiasco folks, finally I awoke on the morning of the final day and needed to hurry up and get to DFW airport so I made my way to the lobby to check-out and again Rhonda was there, I handed her my keys and said I would like to check-out. She said “sure.” Took my keys and said “have a nice day.” I said to her I would like a check-out sheet. To which she said “Sir, we do not provide check-out sheets.” I said that it sounded a little weird to me and asked why not? She got an attitude with me again and described the situation with the charging for the room and said that she could not print me a check-out sheet because it would show the credit-card information for the final night stay used by Kayak.com to fund the 3rd night. I still do not understand why they had to go through Kayak.com to get more money and I insisted that I get some sort of paper describing the date/time of check-out because I did not want to find out a week later that my credit card would have extra charges on it. Rhonda was extremely unprofessional and ultimately just ended up writing in pen the date/time of check-out on my check-in sheet.
Long story short folks…. I WOULD NEVER EVER stay here ever again and I encourage anyone reading this or thinking about possibly staying at this location to forget about it, this establishment does not deserve $0.01 of your money.
I have never heard of any hotel to not provide check-out sheets at the customer’s request and furthermore Rhonda even wanted to argue with me stating that as an employee in the hotel business she would NEVER in the future book a hotel ‘online’ as that was the reason for all my difficulties. Excuse after excuse was given and no guilt or apology on her part was felt.
Some other issues worth mentioning, while not a very big deal to me, people should be made aware of them…. The fridge in the room did not get cold at all, we had bought some water to drink since the water coming out of the faucet smelled fowl, but we couldn’t keep it cold. Also we attempted to use the A/C & Heater and when turning it on it resulted in making the room smell extremely musty, so we kept it off during our stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Erika B, Director of Sales at Centerstone Suites, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. It appears that we definitely failed when it came to multiple aspects of your stay with us. To clear things up, our standard check in time is 3pm. We do not charge early check in fees as long as we have the availability to accommodate your request and I apologize for the confusion as to the check in time. I agree with you that Jasmine's comments (as well as Jason's reply to your CC question) should have never been made and I have since counseled them on proper responses with guests.

It is a policy at our hotel to document where extra towels, pillows, blankets, and thinks of that nature go so that we can keep track of the linen and keep an accurate running count of what goes out and comes back from the guests. We in no way were implying that you would steal the towels and apologize that it was presented that way. We also employ a 24 hour housekeeping staff to accommodate the high volume of guests that we have at our hotel. I apologize that the vacuuming woke you up and i invite you to call the desk and point out any loud noises outside of your room or above your room so that we can address them before they become a bigger issue.

It is a general practice by hotels not to give out certain information from the booking sites as to card information as well as rates charged by either the booking site or the hotel. There is confidentiality in place for both, however, we do have check out confirmations that can be printed.

I also appears that our housekeeping and maintenance failed your stay as well. My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue in both the room you occupied as well as in the front desk staff. In addition, we are re-evaluating our inspection processes to ensure these type of issues do not occur in the future. Again, we are terribly sorry that your experience with us was not a good one, but invite you to give us another try. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide an overall better guest experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Duncan, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The room was big and the breakfast was good, we had to travel for a funeral so I called the 1-877# the guy told me it was a king bedroom w/living room I explained several times the picture did not look like it was a "bedroom" he said he spoke to the front desk & it was a "bedroom" living room seperate he said the pictures were wrong!! We got to the room & it was just like the pictures so we called down to front desk ask for bedding for the couch we waited but nothing so we left at 4:30 met with family got back around 11:30pm still nothing for the couch so I called again they brought two fitted sheets&blanket no pillows but the pillows on the bed were VERY small. The next day I check out the clerk gave me my receipt it said 56.86 I thought that is not bad I am ok with that then I check my account the 1877# charged me 83.30!! I called them and they said the clerk should never give me that receipt that is what the Hotel charges the 1877# so I got charged 26.00 more because I called the 1877#.

Room Tip: call the hotel you might get a better rate.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hello Christi,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and let us know what you liked and disliked about our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed our large rooms and our hot breakfast. While all of our rooms are suites and have living areas, all of them have living areas in the same room as the beds. We have a few three bed suites that have separate rooms, but the living area is still in a room with a bed. I would like to apologize on behalf of the 877# for the confusion on the setup of the room as well as the room rate. All third party booking sites usually charge a different rate than the hotel directly offers, we would like to invite you to give us a call and try us out again next time you are in the area. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better guest experience.
Silsbee, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

The rooms are extremely large and were very nice. One couch did have some stains on it, but otherwise you could not ask for a better room for the price.
The complimentary breakfast is another matter though. I have never seen or tasted worse scrambled eggs in my life. The biscuits were cold, and the waffle machine would not cook the waffles. Go to McDonalds for breakfast.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the compliments on our accommodations. We take a lot of pride in the value that our rooms bring to our guests. The room sizes are always a welcomed surprise to every person we check in. Since your visit with us we have gone through all of the rooms and shampooed the couches and chairs to remove the minor stains we found. We also have a new breakfast set up from the last time you stayed with us. I would like to invite you to come back and let us show you the changes we have made. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review and point our where we could use improvement.
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

My room had 4 out of 7 bulbs burned out. Noise above my room woke me up at 3 am. Tried to turn on the AC to drow out the noise but they have a kill switch on the bottom of the plug, which we were not told about so we couldn't get any air. Only one employee at night so hard to reach the desk, Breakfast....don't bother

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. It appears that we definitely failed when it comes to in room maintenance. I have reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue in the room you occupied. In addition, we are re-evaluating our inspection processes to ensure these type of issues do not occur in the future. Again, we are terribly sorry that your first experience with our hotel was not a good one, but I would like to invite you to give us another try. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience. We hope you decide to come back by so that we can show you all of the exciting improvements that we have made.
Arlington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

This hotel is great if you are just looking for a place to crash out for the night that's 70-80% clean. The service sucks. The hostess that works the front desk has to work the Best Western also which is located next door to this hotel. She literally gets calls and has to run back and forth between both hotels because there is one owner both of these hotels. She makes all of her staff do this. Which makes YOU the customer get slow service. They really need adequate staff. The check in both times was rediculous and very long wait time. Room was not ready.Each time there were several customers waiting in the lobby either for service or in my case, I booked the room the previous day, and the clerk said she didn't even see me in the computer. She then asked ME for the number of the company that booked my room. What hotel doesn't have the number to Orbitz? The night hostess has a bit of an attitude. I requested some sheets and pillows after she FINALLY came to the desk and claims not to have any. One thing a hotel nor hospital should EVER do is run out of these basic items.I also requested a remote to the TV and she gave me a broken one with nasty tape on it to hold in the batteries. WTH? Internet in Longview sucks period. This hotel is no exception. If you are in town on business, you are warned, DO NOT STAY HERE.I actually thought I was going to get some work done. Even plugging into the internet directly was a fail. I couldn't get my laptop, tablet or anything to stay on line. My last stay was a jacuzzi suite. It worked fine and was clean, but it was so dated, it looked like a church baptismal pool. It is open and sits darn near by the door to the room. ZERO PRIVACY. The TV's are the old, dated boxy ones.No flat screens. Furniture was dated also. The couch wasn't clean either. Moving on to breakfast in the morning. Runs out within 1st 20 mins. They appear to make enough for 20 people and there are 150 to serve. They have hardly any supplies. If you just HAVE to have better service, look elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
We apologize for your less than acceptable stay with us in March of 2012. Since your stay we have an entirely new staff that have all been trained thoroughly with customer service as the focus. We do have a sister property, the Best Western Regency Inn & Suites that is located extremely close to the Centerstone, but we do not have the same staff working both properties simultaneously. We are glad you enjoyed the in room whirlpool tub, and although it is located in the room where you can see the tub after you walk into the room, your privacy is a priority to us and as long as the door is shut no one should be able to come into the room unless approved by you (which is the case for all of the rooms). We hope to see you again so that we can improve your opinion of the property.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012 via mobile

Really good value for money. Clean and very spacious rooms, good breakfast spread and friendly staff. Perfect!

• Stayed January 2012
Thank you for the compliments! We certainly try our best to make every stay the perfect stay for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon.
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

Enjoyed a beautiful, spacious room ~ spotlessly clean and quiet with fridge & micro, flat screen television, & lovely grounds in which I felt very secure and safe to walk my dog after dark. Breakfast included sausage which was piping hot. But best of all was the helpfulness and courtesy of the staff ~ was directed to a wonderful mexican restaurant by a very helpful young man when checking in and Erica especially was delightful upon checking out the next morning. Was suprized to read the negative review because the room was lovely and the service was outstanding!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Linda,
I remember checking you out personally the next morning. Both you and your adorable dog were such a pleasure to speak with. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you come back and visit us the next time you are in town. We would love to see you and your fur-baby again.

Been to Centerstone Suites? Share your experiences!