“Steakhouse” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Longview, Texas, United States
“Steakhouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Very good management, nice for a night out with spouse or business lunch. Very good chefs. As SC4navy has said, be careful not to order a ton of sides if your on a budget, though if you get the main means, with salads, soup, and drink it runs about 60$ for a couple. Lunch can be had for around 12-15$ a person.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

71% Recommend
Ore City, Texas
“Always enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I like to bring my daughters because they love the entertainment, the chefs are a lot of fun. And I like to have girls night out with the girls from work, because we like to order several different sushi dishes and share them.

Visited May 2012
Dallas
“Hillbilly hibachi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Loved celebrating birthday here. The atmostpher is festive and fun. What a great place for a first date and to break the ice.

Visited April 2012
Bakersfield, California
“WOW 2nd time was a mistake”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

So after my previous review you will find below my wife and I went back to have a dinner here again. This time I did not eat anything and she had just sushi. Everything was ok although the fish smelled a little strong and tasted not so fresh as last time she stated. After dinner when the bill was dropped off for iced tea, one order of sashimi, and two hand rolls totaling a whopping $50+ I asked why the tab was so high since normally we can both eat and get out for around $60. Our server had little input as to why and from looking at the bill they had charged us for refills on iced tea and an additional $3 for each slice of avocado on her hand rolls since they didn't normally have it on them. After this experience we will never visit this place again. It's quite a shame they treated customers who happily referred people to them so badly because now I'll be sure to steer people clear of them.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bakersfield, California
“Great sushi for the middle of nowhere Texas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

My wife and I were pleasantly surprised to find this place had really good sushi for being in Longview, TX where everything is so run of the mill bland. I myself would recommend the "Crunchy" off their menu without a second thought and bonus is that the rice although fried is the only cooked thing on it and I didn't even realize it myself. The rest of the food is average Javanese food at best. The service was relatively slow and the food was over sauced in my opinion, but I will happily go back for sushi again and again. That coming from two people who lived on both the west and east coasts so we got a lot of fresh sushi over the years.

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Been to Shogun of Japan? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Shogun of Japan, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.