“Ok comfort food at a reasonable price” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #58 of 183 restaurants in Longview
Cuisines: American
Longview, Texas
“Ok comfort food at a reasonable price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Our family was there for lunch the Sunday before Christmas. I am sure that lunch on Sunday is a busy time for the Cotton Patch and that they prepare in advance for a big crowd BUT our food was served less than five minutes after it was ordered. My meatloaf was OK but not hot.

We felt rushed to finish our meal so they could turn the table. We may go back but never on a Sunday.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

60% Recommend
Hallsville, Texas
“Comfort Food For Sure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

This is a very out of the way location for travelers. The locals are the best customers. The food is just very good down home cooking, but don't count the calories.

Visited December 2012
Gladewater, Texas USA
“Always good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Good menu choices and everything has been good. Very clean, good service and good food. A favorite place to go eat.

Visited September 2012
Bossier City, Louisiana
“Thought it would be better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We are from Bossier and when we came here because my boyfriend works in the oilfield, we were excited. It looked nice from the outside and the waitstaff were dressed as though they worked at a nice steakhouse, not some hometown diner. The tables weren't that great. Our service was mediocre, although when my boyfriend asked for chili on our bacon cheese fries and we were informed they didn't have chili, our waiter did offer to "heat up some Manwhich in the microwave" to put on them. I guess this should have been our first clue. The fries were amazing. Mac and cheese tasted like the 69 cent kind and like it was made with WATER and sauce mix. It was terrible and I paid $2.50 for a very small portion. Steak fingers were mediocre. I've had better. As for the garlic mashed potatoes, the potatoes seemed to be homemade, but they were way too garlicy.

Visited May 2012
“Good Food, but nothin' special.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

They always have good food, but it isn't somewhere I choose to go to when I am in town.