“Great experience here!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in Longview
Longview, TX
“Great experience here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2007

I had booked this hotel for a friend that visited from Nashville. She had a great experience, so when we had a flood in our home that required us to move out for cleaning, this was my first choice. We stayed for one week while cleaning crews and insurance adjusters settled our home. We had excellent treatment from all levels of staff. We booked a suite, since the entire family stayed there. We had impeccably clean rooms, great variety of breakfast, nice fitness center and pool--overall our stay was wonderful and stress free. I will always book out of town guests here in the future.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2007

I took my 78 year old mom to her family reunion in Longview the weekend of Aug. 4. We've gone for many years and stayed at other establishments but this time I wanted an upscale feel in a small town. Well, we got it! My mom was relunctant because of the distance from the main highway, however, once we checked in, what a pleasant surprise! The room, the pool area, the continental breakfast, and the service were all exceptional. I decided to stay at this hotel after reading reviews and I must admit that all the good stuff is true. Try the Wingate next time you're traveling through Longview, TX.

Sandra Ross
Houston, TX

Stayed August 2007
Longview, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2006

I stayed at the Wingate for 3 days in June 2006. I wasn't sure what to expect - I had never stayed at a Wingate before nor had I been to Longview.
The hotel's location was great for me. It was near many restaurants (Outback Steakhouse, Texas Roadhouse, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, also fast food like Whataburger, Taco Bueno, Wendy's, Chick-Fil-A) and retail (Target, Longview Mall and more). The only drawback was that the entrance to the property wasn't marked well, so occassionally I took a wrong turn into one of the adjacent businesses instead.
The hotel itself was nice, similar to a Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express. The lobby was large and nice. The staff was always quick to say hello and be friendly. Many guests were seated by the big screen TV watching the Dallas Mavs play when I checked in.
There was a small fitness room and a nice indoor pool at the hotel.
The room was nice. It had plenty of room. There was a desk, a small couch and coffee table and entertainment center in addition to the king size bed. The bedspread was turned down and the sheets were crisp and clean with 3 fluffy pillows. The room was clean and the furniture was (extremely) polished. Housekeeping even cleaned up perfectly when I told them it wasn't necessary (On the first morning, I told them they could just take the trash and dirty towels). It was also a quiet place for the most part.
A continental breakfast was provided every morning and had all the usual offerings. It worked out great. One morning I even grabbed an extra apple and yogurt to put in the refrigerator in my room for later.

• Stayed June 2006
wylie,tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2006

We were in Longview for a High School District Wrestling Tournament. I was very pleased with the cleanliness of this hotel. The rooms and bathrooms were spotless which is very important to me when I stay at a hotel. The staff was pleasant as they checked you in and out of the hotel. I was very impressed with this hotel and would recommend it to anyone who is willing to pay a little more than the average hotel price.

• Stayed February 2006
otsego, mi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2005

Thought I had made a reservation at the Fairfield but had apparently not and they had no rooms. WHAT A GREAT THING! I ended up nearby at the Wingate and I will always go back there. (which will be often by necessity) Great room, comfortable bed, CLEAN which I think is primo in importance. Breakfast fine. Was there the weekend the hurricane was about to hit New Orleans and Sunday am the place was overflowing with evacuees in the lobby waiting for rooms. The staff was very accomodating to all. Stay here and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
Norman, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2004

A great hotel. A new property in excellent condition. The location is a few miles off I-20 on the north side of Longview, but easy to find and convienient to restaurants and shopping. Our room was very comfortable and clean. Breakfast was better than average for a business class hotel. I've added this hotel to my "stay here again" list.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2004

My wife and I have stayed at the Wingate in Longview, Texas twice and both times were a pleasant experience. The staff was very friendly. We stayed in one of their suites. It was huge and the jacuzzi was a nice touch. The high-speed Internet connection worked well, and the room was spotless. We also enjoyed their heated pool and sauna as well. I would positively recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2004

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Longview? Share your experiences!