“Great Room; Great price!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in Longview
Longview, Texas
“Great Room; Great price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

My wife and I recently had to make a quick trip back to our former home in Longview, Texas, on business. We selected Suburban Extended Stay Hotel there because we were familiar with the building and the area. We were very pleased with the room and the price and will stay there again the next time we have an overnight stay in Longview. The only drawback was the very steep hill you must negotiate when leaving the front door, but judicious driving will get you down it (just kind of "scary" the first time you go down this exit.). Thanks, Suburban Extended Stay for a top-notch experience.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the north side of the hotel; the view is much better than the south side. Good rest...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I stayed here for 9 weeks for business. The location is good and I felt safe coming and going at all hours as I work odd hours and "on call". The desk is manned 24 hrs and the staff is very nice.
Room very small but adequate for myself and my dog. They advertise as pet friendly but housekeeping is scared out of their minds by dogs. My dog was locked in a steel crate every housekeeping day so they could clean (she barked at the housekeepers while they were in the room but could never touch them). They never cleaned my room because they were scared of the dog. I complained numerous times and kept being reassured they would clean. Once they came in and changed the bed and cleaned the bathroom while I took the dog out. after 3 wks of not cleaning, they told me it would be best to do it while i was gone. next housekeeping day, I came in at 8 pm after being gone to AL with the dog for 3 days. They never even came in to do anything. As I write this, I am preparing to leave for a new assignment. My toilet has major mold growing in it as it hasn't been cleaned in 6 weeks, vacuuming was last done 4 wks ago and bed made 2 1/2 wks ago. I've been taking out my trash and getting supplies/linen from the night clerk. It has been very frustrating as I complained to the manager and desk staff each week to no avail. That being said, they have a nice pool, grills and workout room and keep the common areas clean. The maintenance/handyman is wonderful and very helpful. The manager is very nice but it seems he can't get the housekeepers to do anything. If you have no animals, it probably is a really good place to stay. Ive talked with several other guests during my stay and the housekeeping seems to be a universal problem.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Bryan, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night for business. Despite this hotel being relatively new and appearing nice from a distance, my experience was terrible. I reserved a room with a queen sized bed and upon arrival was checked in to a room with 2 doubles. I was not told this was happening and did not realize it until I was in the room. The front desk clerk advised me there was nothing she could do since the hotel was overbooked and they had already given my room away by roughly 6:00pm. The room itself appeared modern and new. However, it was not clean. There was food in the kitchenette chair, the bathroom was dirty- mold in the caulk, no non-slip mat (I almost slipped every time I moved in there- I am young and in shape), the tub was stained, and the bathroom had not been cleaned properly as evidenced by the various small objects I found on the floor. The night of my stay I noticed a small dying bug on the bathroom floor which I did not think much about until the next morning. The next morning, I found a BED BUG on my night stand. I caught him and identified him as such (I am a doctor with a background in entomology). At this point, I am still not sure if my clothes, luggage, car, and house have been fully decontaminated despite taking the proper steps to do so. I brought the bug to the GM that same morning and he confirmed that it was a bed bug, waived my fee for the night, offered me a free night's stay there in the future (HAHAHA!), and offered to have my clothes dry cleaned (that doesn't address contamination of my car or luggage). Although I have filed a formal complaint, I have yet to hear back from Choice Hotels regarding professional extermination. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL! IT'S DIRTY AND ITS SERVICE IS SERIOUSLY LACKING.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Texarkana, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

i would recommend you to stay with suburban extended stay. great comfortable beds!!!! felt almost like my bed at home.... rooms are very nice they have a full kitchen in them full size refrigerator stove dishes whatever you need they have it. convience of a little store inside the motel to buy food drinks snacks or whatever you would like. the frontdesk clerk was very nice and it was a very fast checkin which was great after driving for a few hours. it was very quiet. its just a wonderful place to stay and i would stay there again. rooms were very clean. the gm has done a great job with that motel and picking the employees. it was a great expierence.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
EileenP368, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful feedback about our hotel and especially our staff, they will appreciate your review. We strive to provide all our guests with the best service possible.

We look forward to see you again!
Galveston Island, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Had an excellent stay here. The entire room was squeaky clean. The room has a very nice little kitchen area with cooking utensils. Theres even a guest laundry room. Very nice for someone staying a while, or even just staying the night. The entire staff is very welcoming, friendly, and always smiling.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
EileenP368, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Suburban Extended Stay of Longview. We appreciate all your kind words, and are thrilled to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay here. We pride ourselves on great friendly service, so it delights us that you found our staff so accommodating. Thanks so much for the recommendation, and we hope to see you again!
Highlands Ranch, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

The hotel is beautiful and the rooms have a well equipped kitchenette. The hotel is very new and nicely decorated. Great location just off I-20 and many places to choose for dinner. All major chains are represented.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
EileenP368, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your experience. We are delighted you chose to stay with us and couldn't be more pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Suburban Extended Stay of Longview.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

This establishment will be the top choice when my travels bring me to the area. I have stayed in several hotels throughout the US and this one ranks 5 in my top 10, as I was truly made to feel at home.

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at Suburban Extended Stay We are delighted you chose to stay with us and couldn't be more pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Suburban Extended Stay of Longview.

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Hotel? Share your experiences!