“needs a serious renovation” 3 of 5 stars

Super 8 Longview/I-20
3304 South Eastman Road, Longview, TX 75602   |
Ranked #25 of 31 Hotels in Longview
HUMBLE
“needs a serious renovation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

the rooms are in serious need of a big facelift. the beds where low quality and something ate us up. service was good . but i well not stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

Seemed nice at the check in. Well.. we went to our non smoking room and it smelled like 10 people had just left the room smoking. My wife went to the front desk. They would not switch rooms for us. Even though we looked like the only guest. They gave her some air spray. Really...? She came back to the room and sprayed some. It then smelled like smoke, and a thousand incense candles we burning. She went back told them she had asthma and then they switched rooms for us. The second didn't smell, but wasn't nicer. But no smell! The reason we had to stay our vehicle broke down and it was the only hotel that would accept dogs. So be aware of this hole. We did try to get a refund, but they said it had been 10 minutes...CAUTION!!!!

• Stayed June 2012
Ft Worth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

My first stay was so-so. Not much to compliment them on but not much to complain about either. I liked the fact that there was plenty of truck parking next door as well as some decent BBQ.

It took between 20 and 30 minutes to get checked in. The clerk stepped into what I assume is the office and stayed in there for close to 10 minutes.

This trip the room was dirty, carpet worn and the room just shows its age. While getting ready to shower I noticed the tub floor was filthy and there were hairs from a previous guest in the shower.

When I checked out I was given the little receipt that they imprint my CLC card on. This receipt doesnt have the price for the room on it. I asked for the price and was told that I dont need it. I then asked for the manger.

I also informed the manager that I needed the amount charged so I could turn it in to my company so that the charge wont be deducted from my pay check. He told me that it is against policy to do that and he refused. This went on for about 10 minutes during which time he started getting irate and raising his voice. This is when I decided that it wasnt worth it and I walked out with him still yelling at me.

I also informed the manager of how dirty the room was and that I had found hair in the tub area. He didnt seem the least bit concerned.

I am on the road between 2 and 4 nights a week. just dont understand how 99% of the motels that I stay in hand me a print out with detailed charges without me even asking, but a select few refuse. This is the second motel that has refused. They were Super 8 and Days inn both of which are owned by Wyndam Hotels from my understanding.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Ghetto office and rooms smell like India but Raj at the counter speaks some English. Roaches and flies in the room, so bring your bug traps. Truck stop and Smokehouse next door made it very noisy and smoky. TV remote broken. Toilet not bolted down to floor. The free breakfast is old cereal and coffee in the small office that everybody passed up.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011 via mobile

The hotel is okay for the money. It is not the best hotel in town. The hotel has gone up on their rates since first entered by trip advisor. $55 and up. Front lobby was way dirtier than my room, which I was kind of surprised, since the lobby is the first impression that a potential guest will see. Room was actually clean, but older furnishings (tables, dresser, etc.). Refrigerator and coffee maker, but no microwave. Fresh paint and carpet. Was nice that the air conditioner was already on when I opened the door, as it was a hot day.

• Stayed June 2011
TampaBay, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

Fully agree with the other reviews. This location is FILTHY and I would avoid like the plague (You could actually catch it here). Nice star light effect from the holes in the window shades during the day. Sink didn't work, towels & floor were filthy. Run to the office if you are unfortionate enough to check in. You only have 10 minutes to check out or they stick you with a full nights fee. There are better hotels in the area for less. AVOID!

• Liked — LEAVING
  • Disliked — Too much to list.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Ridgecrest, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2008

We are seniors traveling on a budget. My handicapped wife and I stayed in room #141, a king bed, 1st floor drive-up, non-smoking room, on Sunday, April 4, 2008 at the senior rate of $54.94 total booked through Trip Rewards.
This was one of eleven motels in which we stayed on our recently completed 25 day trip.
The exterior appearance of this motel leaves much to be desired although the lobby is a slight improvement.
Check-in went well after the desk clerk’s confusion about what room we had booked. This inconvenience seemed to displease the desk clerk.
Parking directly in front of the room facilitated movement of our baggage.
The room was large and semi-clean as were the bathroom and vanity but there were lingering odors of an unknown origin in the room. Mouse trap sticky paper was on the floor around the floorboards although no mice were observed. The bed was comfortable.
All plumbing worked well but there was no water pressure. Drainage was very good.
The room had inadequate lighting and was laptop computer and workspace unfriendly. The room did have a fridge and a microwave but lacked sufficient electrical outlets to run both and lighting at the same time.
The room was noisy and safety precautions were doubtful as room keys did not seem to work well.
A very meager coffee, juice, cereal, cookies/bagels/donuts breakfast is offered in an open breakfast area. The toaster is pre-set by management to warm ( not toast ) bread and bagels. If this is adjusted to a higher setting it will set off the smoke alarm. . .located on the wall directly above the toaster. . .and you will be advised by management that you are making your toast too dark.
Check-out was easy and consisted of leaving your key on the counter and getting out of there as fast as possible. Our billing was accurate.
I would consider this a below average budget motel experience.
I would NOT RECOMMEND this motel to travelers and we will definitely NOT stay here again.

• Liked — Close to Interstate
  • Disliked — Uncaring attitude of management; Room Security; Mouse/Roach Infestation
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Super 8 Longview/I-20? Share your experiences!