“What a gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Longview
Brandon, Mississippi
“What a gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed here with my daughter and granddaughters on a Texas trip. It is a little way off I-20, but worth it. I agree with another reviewer; take loop 281. Customer service is great, the front desk even called me to make sure I was pleased with my room. We had a room with two queen beds. Everything was clean and in good repair, comfortable beds and plenty of towels. The refrigerator in the room came in handy and we watched a movie that I believe is still in theaters. My granddaughters loved using the pool; the hot tub was not working. The hotel is close to shopping and dining. Breakfast was very good with lots of choices. I liked the oatmeal; my granddaughters liked making their own waffles. I can't find anything negative to say about this experience. I feel that I got more than I would have expected from a Hampton Inn. If you are traveling to Longview, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the fourth floor and a quiet room. I did, and had no noise problems.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Torrance
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The customer service here was fantastic!! Great place to stay!!Fast feiendly service close to stores and restaurants and movie theatre. Very easy to find and safe location. All newly renovated hotel and rooms. Pool was getting renovated so did not use, but they have a really nice outdoor area with heaters and BBQ.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tim B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Longview North, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for the kind words and for sharing your experience at the Hampton Inn & Suites Longview. We are glad we were able to provide you with a comfortable stay during your time in Longview. I will pass the good news on to my team and let them know of the great job they are doing. We can't wait to see you again!
Mercer, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Don't stay here if you want to be near Le Tourneau University. There is another Hampton Inn much closer, but the hotel and/or the university website does not seem to want to make that clear to you. One other disappointment was the breakfast. There were many people hoping for waffles (the most popular item) but the waffle batter had run out before 8:00 am and the person in the kitchen was rather unconcerned and took about 20 minutes to make more.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This was a great place to stay very friendly staff, nice location easy to find. I would recommend staying on upper floors. Some rooms are available on lower floors where they offer rooms and areas for wedding receptions, business meetings, parties,etc. Those areas get a lot of foot traffic. There were many restaurants and stores close by that were decent to eat and shop at which is nice considering how busy Longview has gotten towards the mall area. The location is really easy to find if your traveling off HWY 20 I would recommend the East loop of 281 if you want to skip going through town on HWY 259, be aware that road drops to 55-60MPH the local Marshall likes to sit at the bottom of the hill and catch all the lost souls trying to find their way to the hotel.

Room Tip: Try not to stay close to elevators and ice machines, or exits. This hotel offers rooms to rent for p...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tim B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Longview North, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We appreciate the opportunity to take care of your hotel accomodations in Longview, Texas. You are absolutely right about the nearby shopping and restaurants. We are conveniently located for a day out in Longview.

I would also like to thank you for sharing the tips on how to arrive to our hotel and the caution of our friendly Marshall watching.

We were happy to hear of your successful stay and we hope to see you soon!
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed here in December 2012. What a wonderful hotel, best Hampton Inn & Suites, I have ever stayed. The location is great. There is nothing bad I can say about this establishment. If you are ever in Longview this is the place to stay. Kudos to the staff and management for such a awesome stay and very clean hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for staying with us during your trip to Longview! Your comments are very much appreciated and kind words are like music to my ears!

I will definitely make sure that my team here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Longview know of the great job they are doing.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again!
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The King size suite slept our family of 5 very comfortably. The staff brought in a larger than usual roll out cot. There was plenty of room in our clean accommodation. Every staff member we encountered was very gracious and helpful. The breakfast staff kept the buffet cleaned and well stocked. We will definitely stay here again when in town.

Room Tip: The king size suite slept all 5 of us very comfortably. The room near the stairwell was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your stay with my team and the TripAdvisor community. It sounds like you and your family enjoyed your time in Longview and we thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Longview for your hotel accomodations.

I can't wait to pass on the good news of the successful stay you and your family had here in Longview, Texas.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

We arrived expecting a run of the mill Hampton but were blown away at how plush this little hotel was. Rooms were huge, beautifully decorated and clean. Not sure if we will be back in this area again but highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hampton Inn & Suites Longview with us. I am very glad to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations and thank you for staying with us.

I know you said you may not be in the area again, but if you ever are we would love the opportunity to have you again!

Thank you so much from all us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Longview!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Longview North? Share your experiences!