“Great sushi!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Texas
“Great sushi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

The building looks rough but like an oyster, the good stuff is inside. My wife and I go there when we are in the mood for sushi and saki. The owners are always glad to see you and make you feel like one of the family. My favorite is the octopus salad. I could eat my weight in that dish. Don't be scared off by the old building. You will be missing a treat.

• Visited January 2011

grand rapids, mn
“FANTASTIC, TERRIFIC WE GO EVERY YEAR WE ARE IN TEXAS since 2001!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

When the family and I make the trip from Minnesota to Texas we eat here FIRST and LAST! The food is incredible and the show is great! The Filet/Steak is butter soft and full of flavor, the shrimp and lobster is to die for and the Scallops must be good because my mother always order the scallops. Mama Matsu "the owner" is the sweetest doll and has always been a great sight at the restaurant. This is a run down building, but I dont go there for the wallpaper LOL. We have gone every year since 2001 and sometimes have gone more than 2 times a month! Dont pass up the chance to try great food here!!

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Better than the rest.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

We have been enjoying Matsu for over 11 years. The food is amazing and a much better value than our other Japanese steakhouses around. If you order a steak, upgrade to a filet. The house dressing is a sweet creamy must for your salad. The fried rice is included with your meal (we order an extra order to take for left-overs) and will not disappoint you. Overall the best around!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Longview
“Great people, great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

We've been going to Matsu for years. We've gotten to know the owners personally and they take pride in their food and service. I've been to several Japanese Steakhouses throughout the state and this is by far THE best one around. I recommend the scallops or steak! It's worth it to upgrade to the filet option on the steak. Although the regular steak is good the filet melts in your mouth. The only downside is I wish they were open for lunch!!!

Houston, Texas
“Great Food - The building could use some work!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

This place has great food and the staff are always very friendly. The show is amusing but the food is really what wins you over.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere