“Happy Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Nashville, Tennessee
“Happy Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stopped in Lockhart but skipped the Barbeque and went to Henry's for a late breakfast. When I walked into this place I thought I was back in the mid-west 50 years ago. Nice old building, large clean eating area, genuinely friendly waitstaff ( I don't mean "hi my name is Heather etc") and great food. Son had a Breakfast Taco and I had Huevos Rancheros. The food was great and prices reasonable. Lots of coffee and relaxed talked-no rush. Loved this place and will go back next time I am in Austin.

• Visited April 2014

Lockhart, Texas
“Best Burgers in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have tried many menu items all are really really great, but the hamburgers are like totally great!

Visited January 2014
Austin, Texas
“Best Breakfast In Town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Thoughts of the BOYFRIEND

My Girlfriend and I are regulars at Henry's. Its one of those small town diners that you just wanna sit and drink coffee at all day. Granted the lunch and dinner menus are good but THE BREAKFAST MENU that's the best in town hands down.

The Biscuits and gravy are almost as good as mine but not quite and I'm cool with that. you want bacon? A BUCK FOR TWO! (and that 's all applewood smoked on top of that). The omelets are really good too, not alot of places can hit an omelet on the head like that..... Last time I walked in the waitresses knew my name and asked if I wanted my usual.

Even though i like to get the same things most time I go in, I had to mix it up.

2 Eggs over easy
6 slices of Bacon
1 Full order of Biscuits and gravy
2 slices of white toast
4 cups of coffee
1 glass of water

less the 13 bucks!

I'd recommend it to my own mother.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Westbrook, Maine
“Great Breakfast for a Bargain- Stellar Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We headed west for Thanksgiving and our morning after turkey meal took us to Henry's, a great little spot. It's quaint and the mood is cheeful. I had a great Porkchop plate for a little over $5, everything is VERY reasonable, I'm not sure there's anything over $10. The porkchop came with more than enough food including beans, a biscuit, eggs and potatoes!

If you happen to be driving through Lockhart, TX, Henry's is worth the stop

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Austin, Texas
“Quaint Family Cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I joined a couple of friends here for breakfast the other day. I had the Henry’s Omelet which was stuffed full of every meat imaginable. However, the egg it was wrapped in was not very fluffy at all, like a thin egg wrapper. It wasn’t bad, but it could have been much better. One of my friends had the Chorizo Breakfast Tacos and he raved about them for hours. Next time I’m trying the tacos for breakfast.

Breakfast was satisfying, but Henry’s is more known for their lunch menu. People always rave about their hamburgers; however, as they are in Lockhart it’s a tough choice between this and one of the great BBQ restaurants in this town. I will be back to try the burger (eventually).

TIP: Come prepared to have dessert while you are here. They have many great choices, but I’d go with their Deep Fried Oreo. It’s an off the menu item, but a great house specialty.

• Visited July 2013