“Ole time food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 27 restaurants in Llano
Memphis, Tennessee
“Ole time food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

We stopped for a late lunch. The lady at the counter said all their food was hand breaded and hand formed. We had the chicken fried steak with onion rings. She was right it was delicious large servings. There were some working men there and they had the biggest hamburger I have seen in a while. Take your kids and grands and explain this was before Mcky Dees.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

62% Recommend
Fredericksburg, Texas
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

The chicken fried steak has to one of the best in Texas.I have been dined at his resturant numerous times over the last 30 years and have never had a bad experience when ever I ordered one. I really can't remember myself or any of my family having any negative things to say about the food served here.I would recommend this restaurant to anybody.I live in Fredericksburg.But it is worth the 40 mile drive just to eat there.When my wife want to get out of town this where we eat at.I really don't think whatever you order on the the menu will leave you disappointed. The sweet tea is also very good and they give you a large cup.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Denton, Texas
“best chicken fried steak ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We first found this gem about 20 yeas ago and were just able to locate it again this weekend! We ordered the chicken fried steak then and now and we were not disappointed! Not much parking but a nice place where everyone knows everyone! The onion rings were incredible! If ever you find yourself in llano Texas give it a try. It looks like a hole in the wall you would not look at twice but its wonderful inside!

• Visited April 2013