“Bang for your buck!” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   402 Hwy 59 Loop South, Livingston, TX 77351   |
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Livingston
“Bang for your buck!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed recently and had a great overall experience. The rooms were emaculant and breakfast was great!! the young lady checking me in was very accomodating to my needs brought me extra towels and called to make sure the room was ok after check in. The manager at breakfast was very friendly and gave a good energy! however as I got cold last night I came down to get an extra blanket. The blonde lady seemed like I asked her for 100$ she needs an attitude check, but other than her this hotel is great and I will be coming back.

• Stayed May 2013
Travis M, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Livingston, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Jpage123...

I wanted to express my apprecaition for taking the time to review La Quinta Inn & Suites-Livingston. It is our goal to exceed the expectations of all our guests.

I will have a coaching session with my night attendant; and reemphasize the importance of not only meeting but exceeding our guests expectations. I will also let her know, that YOU our guests are the reason we are open. Customer Service doesn't stop at ck-in; it's 24/7 at La Quinta Inn & Suites-Livingston.

Again, thanks for the review and I hope to see you at La Quinta Inn & Suites-Livingston in the near future.

lq6214agm@laquinta.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Spring, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We've been La Quinta Returns members for many years, have stayed in something well over 200 of their Inns from coast to coast. They've got some really rundown older locations but have been building some really nice ones the last few years. This is one in of those, it is so clean and so updated that we at first thought it was brand new. And it is without a doubt the very nicest La Quinta we've stayed in anywhere yet in the U.S.

Most everything is just first-rate great... from the large beautiful lobby, to the overall very attractive decor, large comfortable king executive suites, bedding, carpet, pool area, workout room, breakfast room, etc. Very similar to what you'd expect in an upscale hotel rather than a La Quinta. And absolutely squeaky clean everywhere.

And the staff were just what you'd want them to be... warm, helpful, professional, seemingly glad to see and help you. Especially the young lady that checked us in, Jessica.

Rather than go into lots of detail about all the many positves, we thought hard about what we could say was not so good. Came up with a very few, very minor ones.

-No HD service for the HDTV. That's a puzzling economy given the extra money spent everywhere else. But you don't go to a hotel to watch TV anyway, huh?

-No soap dish or place to put used soap bars on the bathroom vanity. Seems odd we'd list that, but you'd have to see the sink to understand. It's a very fashionable rectangular ceramic sink that sits atop the granite vanity rather than being sunk into it. (see one of the several pics I added) So in effect it's a 6“ tall ceramic box sitting on the vanity. No place for the soap. We solved it by laying down one of those plastic room 'notice' placards to place the soap on. An odd but very minor nuisance.

-Powdered eggs for breakfast. Yechh! But the rest of the breakfast was outstanding and offered a wide variety of choices, along with several breakfast meats also. And a large aquarium wall.

You can bet we'll stay here again and recommend it to our friends too.

Room Tip: It's a 3-story, with a single elevator. North-side rooms overlook the pool, and a large electric...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear xplorers2,

In your words...."Excellent" review. Let me start by telling you how much I appreciate the kind words. At La Quinta Inn & Suites-Livingston it is our goal to have everyone experience 100% Guest Satisfaction. We like to say we are 'Here for You'....only 3 simple words; however those 3 words go a long way.
I am please to read that not only was the facility up to par, but the staff was too. I look forward to your next visit.

Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I've been staying in this La Quinta during the week since early 2012. The staff is friendly, well mannered and has become like family. The Assistant Manager, Travis, and his staff are very accommodating. The rooms I have stayed in are comfortable and clean. It's like living in luxury compared with other hotels for the same price. Their continental breakfast has a good variety and is convenient. I highly recommend this LQ location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Travis M, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Livingston, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
RyanP,

Thansk for the great review. At La Quinta Inn & Suites-Livingston we strive to ensure all our guest have a great stay! It is our goal to have 100% Guest Satisfaction; and it sounds like you have enjoyed your stays with us. We look forward to your continued patronage. Have a great day and thanks again for the review!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Me, my husband and daughter stayed at La quinta for a few months. Everything seemed pretty mellow. Service was good, breakfest was good. Most of the employees were very sweet
My fav was summer. We have become great friends. She is the #1 person there hands down. She always made our stay a little better. I will not miss that place but i will miss the bacon. And no need for a reply.

• Stayed April 2013
Travis M, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Livingston, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Luckymeheart,

Thanks for the kind words. I know Summer will appreciate the feedback! Have a great day!

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

My wife and I frequent hotels for extended periods of time due to our profession. Often we are stuck in remote locations with nothing but out-dated, musty motel rooms. Our stay at the La Quinta in Livingston could not have been more different.

In our first week in Livingston we did little research and settled on the Holiday Inn Express down I45. We were very disappointed in our stay there for several reasons. We were given a different room than we reserved, and were placed in a remote corner of the hotel because we had dogs, although the HIE claims to be "pet-friendly".

We decided to make a change. The first place I looked was the LQ and it ended up being the last place I looked because I was so happy with the service, the rate and the accommodations. Travis, the manager, couldn't have been more helpful and made what can usually be a hectic living experience as comfortable as possible. My wife and I went to a wedding in Austin one weekend and we were forced to find a place to board our dogs. Travis went out of his way to set up a reservation at a locally recommended kennel which took a load off our shoulders.

My wife and I would both highly recommend this hotel to anyone either passing through or staying long-term in the Livingston area. The LQ is definitely up at the top of overall business hotel experiences for us.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Travis M, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Livingston, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Mr. & Mrs. Rhoden,

I appreciate the great review. Here at La Quinta Inn & Suites-Livingston our main priority is Customer Service. Our goal is 100% Complete Guest Satisfaction. I am pleased to hear that your time with us was an enjoyable experience. I appreciate the feedback and hope that your work will bring you two back this way!

Livingston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

i have stayed here for going on four months and the employees that were here when i first checked in have been amazing and have become good friends along one of the new employees but some of the people that work here (i.e. Jessica) have been rude and very unhelpful when i come home late at night there is no one to be found after looking in kitchen computer lab outside anywwhere for help and when she is found is very rude and unapologetic about anything after i regain access to my room. she needs to be taught manners and public relations if you want any recomendations or farther stay here from me. and if she could learn to speak to customers better it would be great

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Travis M, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Livingston, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Tyler,

I must say I was disappointed when I saw this review. I have been extremely patient with you and your family. i have continually allowed you to short pay your account and pay what you have until your finances straightened out. At one point you were 3 wks in the rears.

Unfortunately, when a guest has an issue in their room, the Front Desk Agent has to go assist the guest and ensure that they are taken care of. In doing so, sometimes the front desk is left unattended. As a long term guest who has been checked in since February, I would have hoped for a little more patience and understanding.

I think this is more of a personal attack that an actual review of the facilities.

lq6214agm@laquinta.com

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Livingston? Share your experiences!