“Room was so bad we didnt even stay 15 minutes!” 1 of 5 stars

Great Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   12810 I 35 North, Live Oak, TX 78233   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Live Oak B&B and Inns
Temple, Texas
“Room was so bad we didnt even stay 15 minutes!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

The first room I was given was upstairs, no elevator...not that big a deal,but it was late and we had small sleeping children in the car. But the room was not clean and had an odor of stale cigarette smoke.Asthma, needed non smoking room. I went back to the young girl at the desk and told her this. I was given another room, a down stairs room...easier with small children. This room also had a foul odor, the bolt lock on the door was busted off, I checked the bed there was hair on the sheets. The tub was filthy, almost black with filth. My daughter and I decided this was unacceptable. We went back to the desk and asked for a refund. The young lady at the desk stated I would get a refund less the transaction fee for running the card. I accepted that and signed something saying I was getting a refund. I waited 48 business hours, still no credit to my account. I called and the owner/manager who was very belligerent and hung up on me. My daughter called and he used the F word with her. The manager called me back and left a message requesting a fax number to show the refund. When I spoke on the phone to the girl who waited on us at the counter she claimed to have credited my account, she instead debited my account another 59.00. At this point I called my bank, this charge was reversed. I have now filed paper work allowing Visa to handle the situation. We were wrongly charged for an unacceptable room, that we did not even use the bathroom in, we felt that they treated us unfairly and with extreme disrespect.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Live Oak hotels

Been to Great Value Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Great Value Inn

Address: 12810 I 35 North, Live Oak, TX 78233
Location: United States > Texas > Live Oak
Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 B&Bs / Inns in Live Oak
Hotel Class:2 star — Great Value Inn 2*
Welcome to Great Value Inn, we appreciate you stopping by. We are here to welcome to you and make your stay comfortable, refreshing and wonderful, whatever is your reason for the visit. We offer much better value for money to our customers.We also value our customers! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia and Despegar.com so you can book your Great Value Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Great Value Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.