“Very good value” 3 of 5 stars

Multiple Room Discount
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Liberty
“Very good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms are not only clean but the mirrored walls, the mural ceilings, the nice flat screen all shows the concern the owners have for their property....front desk clerk was efficient and courteous. This place is very laid back with all the guest hanging outside their rooms talking to one another...very pleased

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I made a late reservation, was able to get a nonsmoking room with double beds, the Lady was nice that checked me in. When I went to my room, refrigerator doesn't stay cold enough so your food thaws out, no hangers to hang clothes on,no Iron, no dirty clothes bags , bathroom was not as clean as I would expect.The next morning I woke up the bathroom light was out, and found a dead bug in bathroom as well. I went to call front desk & the phone had no cord so I couldn't call. Also had no coffee creamer for coffee that morning. The lady did come fix bathroom light and brought some creamer. I was given a late check out but the Lady came to ask when I was leaving( this same lady who fix bathroom light) so you would think she would realize you needed more time when two people have to take showers.
I would not recommend staying here, & will not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
Lewisburg, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

work in Houston a lot stay here for the friendly service they make you very comfortable. rooms are very clean and staff is attentive to your needs. food,cvs, walmart all very close by, nice quiet town not the rat race inside the outer loop of houston

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Coatesville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This is where we stay whenever we visit our family in Liberty. We were there for 6 weeks in October and November of 2011 and were very comfortable. The manager, Sally, was most gracious and always attentive to our needs, including our need not to be disturbed by staff on some days. Our room was huge, with two king-sized beds, a round table and two chairs, a built-in desk, small fridge, microwave, coffee pot, and hair dryer. It was kept extremely clean and we always had plenty of clean towels. The jungle mural actually gave a cozy feeling to the room.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dixon, Kentucky, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

The rooms were very clean. The walls were painted with tropical murals that I loved. It was furnished with a refrigerator and microwave in addition to coffee pot and amenities. The only downside to our stay was difficulty getting the room keys to work the door. My husband went to the mgr and she walked back over with him and swiped her card to which the door opened, but that didn't let us know our keys worked. In the end it was a hit and miss with the keys. Also when my husband went to get breakfast that was offered on sign as free he was met with a very loud angry male mgr. I would say for the cost of a room this was much better than other places we have stayed that was more expensive and left you wondering if you might have caught something from the room! The AC was very cold.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 122
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Abilene, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

I requested a non smoking room and got a room that reeked of smoke. They simply put a non-smoking sign before we arrived.
The reason I didn't request another room because the owners are not friendly.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
mistymaples, Franchisor at Scottish Inn & Suites Liberty, responded to this review, March 28, 2011
Hi, I am so sorry that your experience was anything but excellent. We do try to accommodate all request, however sometimes guest do smoke in the nonsmoking rooms, unfortunately we have no way of knowing this until after the guests have left and we do at that time try to eliminate the smoking odor. I do hope next time you will let us know right after you check in, if your room is not what you expected and we will be more than happy to try and make other accommodations.
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

This was my worst nightmare come true as far as hotel experiences. Was in town for an event and stayed at this place over the weekend. Upon entering the room we were greeted by beetles. Beetles outside the room, beetles in the room and on the a/c unit. It appears that this place has a major beetle problem among other things. It was late when we checked in so we were pretty tired but before we laid down we did a sheet check (you know to make sure the sheets were clean), they didn't appear to be, infact they were pretty nasty looking but that is not the worst part! The worst part took place when we pulled the sheets back and a huge cockroach appeared and then another! That did it...I was prepared to sleep in the truck! No way was I sleeping in any one of the two beds in the room. I was with a group and they cautioned that that wouldn't be a good idea so i went to the office to get fresh sheets for both of the beds and the chair that i choose to sleep in for the remainder of my stay there. The room was filthy...the floor was not vacuumed (i guess they only will if you request bcuz i noticed the next day when housekeeping came that they didn't even have a vacuum handy...i had to request that the floor be vacuumed (which she did do). The bathroom was not very clean, the bathroom door was disgusting! Fingerprints and stains were all over it! I made sure housekeeping cleaned that too which looked like a totally new door after she finished! It's just sad that the door was just that dirty. Let's not even talk about the tub...I wore my flip flop when i showered...enough said! There were four of us to a room and we were provided with only i bath towel and two hand towels. Again, i viewed beetles and roches on the bathroom sink counter. This was the worst experience ever! I couldn't sleep well because I'm not accustomed to staying in those type of living conditions too paranoid that an insect was going to crawl on me, also sleeping in the chair was not very comfortable. Kept hearing that darn train pass through as well! You might ask...why did i stay, well I was with a group and we had already paid and too...the BW down the street was charging and extra $50 a night and we just didn't have it but next time that is where we will stay. This was my 1st and last time ever staying at this place.The only good thing about this motel is the free cable, microwave, and fridge. The price was inexpensive but still too much for the condition and complete nastiness of the rooms. Yuck, just talking about it makes me want to go shower.

• Stayed September 2010
Thank you for bringing these matters to our attention, due to some construction near by and trees being cut down we did have a beetle problem. We have since added new weather stripping to all the hotel room doors, we also have the entire hotel treated once a month by a local pest control company. As for maid service, if you have a "do not disturb" sign on the door, we repect your privacy, maid service is offered everyday otherwise.

Been to Scottish Inn & Suites Liberty? Share your experiences!