“Our home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Multiple Room Discount
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Liberty
Coatesville, Pennsylvania
“Our home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This is where we stay whenever we visit our family in Liberty. We were there for 6 weeks in October and November of 2011 and were very comfortable. The manager, Sally, was most gracious and always attentive to our needs, including our need not to be disturbed by staff on some days. Our room was huge, with two king-sized beds, a round table and two chairs, a built-in desk, small fridge, microwave, coffee pot, and hair dryer. It was kept extremely clean and we always had plenty of clean towels. The jungle mural actually gave a cozy feeling to the room.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Dixon, Kentucky, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

The rooms were very clean. The walls were painted with tropical murals that I loved. It was furnished with a refrigerator and microwave in addition to coffee pot and amenities. The only downside to our stay was difficulty getting the room keys to work the door. My husband went to the mgr and she walked back over with him and swiped her card to which the door opened, but that didn't let us know our keys worked. In the end it was a hit and miss with the keys. Also when my husband went to get breakfast that was offered on sign as free he was met with a very loud angry male mgr. I would say for the cost of a room this was much better than other places we have stayed that was more expensive and left you wondering if you might have caught something from the room! The AC was very cold.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 122
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Abilene, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

I requested a non smoking room and got a room that reeked of smoke. They simply put a non-smoking sign before we arrived.
The reason I didn't request another room because the owners are not friendly.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
mistymaples, Franchisor at Scottish Inn & Suites Liberty, responded to this review, March 28, 2011
Hi, I am so sorry that your experience was anything but excellent. We do try to accommodate all request, however sometimes guest do smoke in the nonsmoking rooms, unfortunately we have no way of knowing this until after the guests have left and we do at that time try to eliminate the smoking odor. I do hope next time you will let us know right after you check in, if your room is not what you expected and we will be more than happy to try and make other accommodations.
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

This was my worst nightmare come true as far as hotel experiences. Was in town for an event and stayed at this place over the weekend. Upon entering the room we were greeted by beetles. Beetles outside the room, beetles in the room and on the a/c unit. It appears that this place has a major beetle problem among other things. It was late when we checked in so we were pretty tired but before we laid down we did a sheet check (you know to make sure the sheets were clean), they didn't appear to be, infact they were pretty nasty looking but that is not the worst part! The worst part took place when we pulled the sheets back and a huge cockroach appeared and then another! That did it...I was prepared to sleep in the truck! No way was I sleeping in any one of the two beds in the room. I was with a group and they cautioned that that wouldn't be a good idea so i went to the office to get fresh sheets for both of the beds and the chair that i choose to sleep in for the remainder of my stay there. The room was filthy...the floor was not vacuumed (i guess they only will if you request bcuz i noticed the next day when housekeeping came that they didn't even have a vacuum handy...i had to request that the floor be vacuumed (which she did do). The bathroom was not very clean, the bathroom door was disgusting! Fingerprints and stains were all over it! I made sure housekeeping cleaned that too which looked like a totally new door after she finished! It's just sad that the door was just that dirty. Let's not even talk about the tub...I wore my flip flop when i showered...enough said! There were four of us to a room and we were provided with only i bath towel and two hand towels. Again, i viewed beetles and roches on the bathroom sink counter. This was the worst experience ever! I couldn't sleep well because I'm not accustomed to staying in those type of living conditions too paranoid that an insect was going to crawl on me, also sleeping in the chair was not very comfortable. Kept hearing that darn train pass through as well! You might ask...why did i stay, well I was with a group and we had already paid and too...the BW down the street was charging and extra $50 a night and we just didn't have it but next time that is where we will stay. This was my 1st and last time ever staying at this place.The only good thing about this motel is the free cable, microwave, and fridge. The price was inexpensive but still too much for the condition and complete nastiness of the rooms. Yuck, just talking about it makes me want to go shower.

• Stayed September 2010
Thank you for bringing these matters to our attention, due to some construction near by and trees being cut down we did have a beetle problem. We have since added new weather stripping to all the hotel room doors, we also have the entire hotel treated once a month by a local pest control company. As for maid service, if you have a "do not disturb" sign on the door, we repect your privacy, maid service is offered everyday otherwise.
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

The rooms are very clean. They clean them every day and they always do a great job. Yet, when you put your "Do not disturb sign they still knock on your door the staff respects it yet management still makes them go in after telling them I did not want service. I had just got off work and wanted to sleep. Management needs to respect the " DO NOT DISTURB SIGN." They also turn off the AC and I come back to a HOT ROOM! Other then that the rooms are very clean and friendly people they just need to fix the little problems.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
mistymaples, franchisor at Scottish Inn & Suites Liberty, responded to this review, March 28, 2011
I have spoken with management and maid service and this issue has been resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience, this will not happen again. Thank you
Denver, CO.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

My family and i stayed in this hotel twice the first time for almost two weeks and the second time for three days all within the month of feb. I loved the manager she was awsome. the room was beautiful and cleaned everyday. we always had plenty of towels and the beds were the most comfortable in any hotel i've ever stayed in.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Thank you so much, we look forward to your next visit.
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2009

I stay at this hotel every two weeks for business. They have everything I need. I have to have in room internet and the refrigerator, microwave, couch/coffee table and desk/computor chair is a plus. I have never had a problem with any of the rooms I have stayed in. The management has always been friendly and yes, the toilets have always flushed for me.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
We try to make everyones stay here as pleasant as possible, I am so happy to hear that you had a great experience and we look forward to your next visit here in Liberty, TX.

Been to Scottish Inn & Suites Liberty? Share your experiences!