“Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Longview, Texas
“Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed here one night the middle of June. I would recommend printing out the directions from the hotel's web site since GPS doesn't recognize the address. The price for a King room with a
"Senior" discount was very good. The room was large with a king bed, free wi-fi, desk, dresser with drawers, chair, large flat screen TV and a cabinet containing a mini-fridge, microwave and coffee maker.
The bed was a little soft for us, but we like a firm mattress. However, this didn't keep us from getting a good nights rest. The bath was large enough for two people to stand at the sink at the same time. Breakfast was not included in the price, but we ate there anyway. There was a good selection of breakfast foods and "food to order" was offered.

I'm not sure if we will be back in this area again, but I would definitely think about staying here again. The hotel staff couldn't have been friendlier!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Kevin C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas Lewisville, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the GPS not working properly. You can be confident that we have followed-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were. Thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts as your comments has helped us to improve our guest experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Spring, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Very nice and clean hotel, I just don't care for the sleep by number beds, but other than that, no issues, so you want me to type a minimum of 200 characters, what else is there to say, it was nice and clean, that's all I need in a hotel, clean bed and clean bathroom

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Tripadvisor. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it helps us to improve our services.
Pittsgrove, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I like the hilton garden hotels and have stayed many times, I am finding the price for the room is high for this area. The only difference between this hotel and the others around it is breakfast, I don't mind paying for a real breakfast because I don't like feeling like I'm in a cafeteria getting cereal from a plastic container. Depending on the price of the room I stay here, but sometimes its not worth it.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Kevin C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas Lewisville, responded to this review, July 2, 2014

Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about our room rates. I'm excited to see that you enjoy and prefer our cooked to order breakfast over the other choices in Lewisville.

Houston, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Initial experience was a horrible whiff of cancer causing cigarette smoke by the front door. Unbelievable AND unacceptable. Hotel needs to quarantine the smokers in an area that is out of the way from the majority non-smokers. Not where we have to breathe in the carcinogenic laden air.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay with us. I want to personally apologize for the inconvenience. We do have a smoking area near the outdoor fireplace.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns!
Lewisville, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

My expectations for this room was real high. Due to the asking price of the hotel room. The hotel room as a whole was fine, but the televison was small. The television should be a little bigger to fit the size of the room. I know that may be asking for a lot, but the MAJOR issue I have, and did not report is the roach I seen crawling across my hotel room floor. I did not report this problem due to being exhausted from my road trip. I feel this was VERY unacceptable and HIGHLY unsanitary. I hold the Hilton to higher standards, then a roach motel. This is the reason why I will not mention this hotel to anyone, and I defiantly will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Kevin C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas Lewisville, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
I'm sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about your recent stay.

You can be confident that we have followed-up with Terminix in regard to your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were. Thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts as your comments has helped us to improve our guest experience.

Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

This is my second HGI that I stayed in. In this case, the word 'Garden' in the hotel name is a complete misnomer.  At least, the earlier one in Boston - Nevens has flowers beside the breakfast area.

I know. The name is just a name and not meant to be taken literally.  But with so many hotels within a five minutes' walk radius here in Lewisville, there is a lot HGI can do to differentiate itself.

For a start, why not add make the 'Garden' in the name real. Yes, I am talking about a real garden, nice flowers, etc., a key feature of the HGI chain. Small price to pay but think of the difference it can make.

After a while, I realised that the hotels in this business non-luxury category looked so alike. I wondered if they have come from a common production line or some standard blueprint.

When you walk into the hotel lobby, your attention will be drawn to the noises coming from the pool on the left. Then, as you make a survey of the pool size and the overall ambience, disappointment begins to set in. You realise that it is only a small dipping pool and it is located right next to the car park with zero privacy. You wonder what was the planner thinking when he laid out the blueprint.

It is a beautiful sunny morning and you saunter into the breakfast area. The nice piped in music plays your favorite song and you drift into the land of contentment. Seconds later, you are awakened by loud jarring noises; the morning news is blasting from the TV in one corner.

If the breakfast area is an enclosed room, I guess the TV with the volume turned on could be fine. But being an open area, I am wondering if this is such a good idea. Perhaps the management could consider just switching off the volume or remove the TV altogether. In this time and age, we can make do with some peace and quiet in a garden setting.

Overall, I must add that my stay had been a happy one. Excellent service, front desk that does not go by the book (early check-in although it was stated officially as 3pm), wonderful breakfast with a reasonable price of USD9.95 before tax, clean room, etc.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Kevin C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas Lewisville, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for your honest feedback. Your first impression is very important to our team and we are always looking for ways to be better. I was excited to hear our staff service exceeded your expectations and breakfast was a hit. I hope to meet you in person next time your in town.
St Augustine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

HGI has been newly rennovated - looks good and makes you feel welcomed. Helpful & friendly staff from check in to check out. Great value with a really good breakfast; eggs cooked to order, waffles and a buffet. Good dinner selections too. Fun bar atmosphere and a great patio with fire place (a little warm for it but great ambiance). I see a lot of business people come through but also some families durring the week. I guess it has something for everyone.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

On behalf of the entire team at Hilton Garden Inn- Dallas Lewisville, I would like to personally thank you for your very kind feedback. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future and will be sure to share your comments with the entire team!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Dallas Lewisville? Share your experiences!