“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Was in town for work and spent three nights at the HGI Lewisville. The property seemed very new and the staff was very nice. Everything was clean, breakfast was very good, they had an outdoor fireplace which was neat. There are many restaurants in the area and close to the freeway. Would defiantly go back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HGIDallasGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas Lewisville, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Tammy G,

Thank you so much for your business, we realize that when you travel, there are many choices, and we thank you for allowing us to serve you on your recent visit to the Lewisville area.

I am very pleased that your stay with us exceeded your expecations!

As you mentioned, the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Lewisville location is surrounded by many local and national restaurants as well as the Vista Ridge Mall, and our complimentary shuttle can take our guests to any of these within a 5 mile radius of our hotel.

I may also recommend our hotel restaurant, as our Executive Chef really strives to create memorable dining experiences.

We hope to see you again soon, and until then, we wish you the safest of travels!

Best wishes,

James Montgomery

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I was visiting on business for 5 nights. I give the rating a 'very good' because the customer service I was given was above and beyond. I did, however, have some negatives. I will outline the negatives below:

-Walls are paper thin. I could hear everything going on outside and inside.
-My room was overlooking the pool, which was really nice; however, they left the music on all night and the speaker was right under my window. The music kept me up all night! I did tell the front desk after a couple of nights and they were really nice and shut the music down at night...which I really appreciated.
-The gym was nice but too small
-The buffet in the morning was not really good. It was not horrible, but not at all delicious.

Positives:
-The pool area is really nice and the restaurant will bring you food and drinks outside if you ask.
-The wait staff was very friendly and remembered to call me by name when I arrived at the restaurant.
-The front desk was really nice to turn off the music at the pool when I asked.
-The front desk gave me directions to a store when I requested them.

All in all it was a good stay. The GREAT customer service took care of the negatives for me. They were super friendly and I hope management reads these reviews...because they have hired a great group of people! Kudos!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, you will want to ask for a room opposite of the pool area.
Dear TravelbugMissouri,

Thank you so much for your business, we do greatly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to serve you at the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Lewisville.

I am pleased you found our staff attentive to your needs and friendly, I will be sure to share your kind words with each of them. As you made note in your review, our team will go above and beyond to try to make our guests feel right at home.

I am pleased that you were able to enjoy our large pool and that you were able to also enjoy some of our food and beverage that was delivered to you pool side. I do apologize for the pool music being loud while you were trying to enjoy a peaceful evening, this should not have occured as our music should have been turned off at 11:00pm to allow us guests a quiet sleep experience. Please know we will correct this immediately!

We do hope if your travels bring you back to our area again, that you will allow us tos erve you!

Best wishes, and safe travels always!

Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I recently spent one night at the property while in town for business. This was my second stay at this hotel. Good property. Room was clean, bathroom was clean as were the hallways, common areas. Location to the airport is very good. We left the hotel at 6:45am to catch a 9:20 flight and made it to the car rental place in about a half hour. However, if there is an accident or any issue on 121, it can take you an hour so leave earlier than you think you should during morning rush. We will stay at this hotel again next time we come to Dallas on business.

Dear CGB5620,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Lewisville, we loved having you here with us!

I also thank you for your feedback, we strive to exceed our guest expectations each and every stay!

Your information related to the 121 Tollroad is very valid as during peak commute periods, all highway in Dallas become tricky to navigate, be sure to inquire with any of our front desk team members who can assist in driving times to and from most locations especially the airport.

All the best and safe travels always!

Lindale, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I have been an advocate of this property and have stayed there frequently for several years. My company has a negotiated rate and we bring a lot of business to this hotel. During my last stay I asked to extend my stay another night due to a change in plans and the guest services representative told me they only had one room and would not honor the negotiated rate. I called the next day and spoke to the manager on duty and she also confirmed their policy. I responded to the Hilton survey and never received a response. So, for a few bucks this property lost a customer that was very loyal.

Room Tip: Stay next door at the Hampton - it is very nice!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
HGIDallasGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas Lewisville, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Dear jpbrec,

Thank you for your feedback regarding a recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Lewisville.

Please know we value your business greatly.

I would like to discuss this matter with you further and rectify this concern for you, please contact me at the hotel 972-459-4600, or at James.Montgomery@hilton.com.

I do see from your previous review that you have in the past loved your hotel experience with us, and I do want that to continue.

Rest assured, this is not normal for our hotel, and I will address these concerns with our team.

If there are ever any issues, please always allow the hotel General Manager to know of your concerns so that we can rectify these matters immediately!

Best regards,

Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

The air conditioner is LOUD! It turns on and off all night. I was awakened every time it cycled. There is mold in the bathroom, behind the light fixtures. We actually got a free night stay due to issues with a previous stay and the mold is STILL there! I'm surprised maintenance didn't tend to that. We will NOT stay there again!The hotel itself is nice. People who work here are nice. But, if we can't sleep, nothing else matters!

Room Tip: Ask for one without mold in the bathroom
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
HGIDallasGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas Lewisville, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear Aidatexas,

I’m so sorry you experienced some noise with your air conditioning unit during your stay. Our maintenance staff works diligently to keep them in excellent condition and we are sorry to hear you didn’t experience that.

Please consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area. We’d love to make your stay with us the best hotel experience you’ve ever had.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

If you need a clean and convenient hotel this is the place for you. Only 20 minutes from DFW and very well maintained. The evening meals are also particularly good. This was my third stay there and all of them were consistently good

• Stayed July 2012
Dear markersmark64,

We loved having you stay with us and can't wait for your next visit!

We know you have many choices when it comes to travel and we appreciate the opportunity to serve you!

Safe travels always!

Best regards,

Lewisville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

This is an awesome place. I was checking out the venue for a potential place to have my wedding reception and it over exceeded my expectations. There was one rep at the service desk who was very helpful. Her name was Courtney. Even though she did not have many details about the wedding packages, she gave all that she could. She gave my friends and I permission to go look at the meeting rooms and the outside ceremony portion- which is lovely. She was very helpful and even let us go look at a potential room that my bridesmaid and I will get ready in. I had just left the Omni- Park West Hotel and received terrible service and she totally made up for it here. I've been trying to get in touch with the catering manager Hilda about booking the venue but I have yet to receive a call back. I really love this place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
HGIDallasGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas Lewisville, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear KBCdatsMe C,

Thank you so much for sharing about your recent experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Lewisville.

I am pleased you found our that our team exceeded your expectations!

Your mention of our team member Courtney, is greatly appreciated, and we are very thankful that Courtney is a part of our team. She truly has a "Passion to Serve", and we do hope will all see you again soon!

I understand that our Director of Catering Hilda Needham has reached out to you and we look forward to working to make your day most memorable.

Please reach out to me directly if I can be of any additional assistance!

Genral Manager

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Dallas Lewisville? Share your experiences!