“Clean and comfortable” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Lewisville
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Clean and comfortable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

We stayed at the Sun Suites for 1 night and were pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and comfortable. The kitchenette area is very accommodating for light meals (pre packaged). Overall, we were very pleased.

• Stayed March 2011

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Philadelphia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2008

When parking our car, there were questionable male guests walking around the lot shirtless whiles others seemed to be having a party and possibly loittering. The carpet in the room was stained and dated, I wore flip-flops never allowing my bare feet to touch it. There is a coffee pot, but no complimentary coffee or creme packets, no iron, hair dryer or shampoo. The hotel did provide us with an iron, ironing board and hair dryer once we requested it. The first night of two that we stayed, someone knocked on our door at 1 am, awaking my small children. Another knock from a stranger came at 3 am. The toilet overflowed all over the floor and the despite all of this, we were unable to receive a refund, so checked out regardless and moved to the Marriott, where we should have stayed all along!

• Liked — It was in the small city I needed to be in and seemed affordable
  • Disliked — the disturbances at 1 and 3 am from someone knocking at the door, no pool and not very clean.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2005

They have guest that have lived there for years, and treated this like an apartment. The guy next to me came in at 3:15-3:30am. First night, he kept me up an hour, though it was several hours before I got back to sleep. The next night, he had two guest and they keep me up the rest of the night. The walls are paper thin, only sheet rock. You could hear them burping, falling down in the tub. They finally got quiet about 6:30am, when I suspect they passed out, as they stopped answering the phone about then. Yes they were getting calls between 3:30-6:30am. I called the guard twice, 4am & 5am, but to no avail. He told me to call the cops, which is not why I stay in a motel in the first place. I asked if there was another room. I was told no.
The guard finally came to the room next to me and the guy told the guard that the he (the guard) was the only one making any noise. He slammed the door in his face and called him a stupid jerk. You can hear everything in this place.

I told the lady at front desk the next morning. I told the lady at the front desk that afternoon when I came back to check out and get my things. I called the district manager. No refund was ever offered. I paid them in good faith for a service, a quite place to sleep during the night, so I could engage in my business during the day. I paid, but never received the service I paid for, nor a refund for two sleepless nights I suffered at their establishment. I will never trust this business again. This place is the worse place I have stayed at in many years.

I had to be up at 7am and function on only two hours of sleep, for which I had the privilege to pay them $59/night for two rather sleepless nights. In my opinion, that is ridiculous!

The third night I stayed in a barn with 30 horses, laid on a couch for six hours, and it was much quieter than at this hotel and I got more rest than in the two previous nights at Sun Suites of Lewisville, TX.

I have never posted a review of any place before, but this one was so bad, I felt people should be warned.

2/05

Been to Sun Suites of Lewisville? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sun Suites of Lewisville

Address: 324 Corporate Drive, Lewisville, TX 75067
Location: United States > Texas > Lewisville
Business Center with Internet Access Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly )
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Lewisville
Hotel Class:2 star — Sun Suites of Lewisville 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Sun Suites of Lewisville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Sun Suites of Lewisville, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.