“2nd stay here, not as good as last time” 2 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #11 of 22 hotels in Lewisville
Anchorage, Alaska
“2nd stay here, not as good as last time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights over Thanksgiving. Made last minute reservations, knowing that we had stayed here before (about 18 months ago) and it was not bad then. Pet friendly @ $25/stay. Biggest things that stood out: Beds were not comfortable, pillows are very thin and they have a very limited number of firm pillows at the desk. The walls were really scuffed and dirty, the carpets needed a good cleaning (socks turned brown on the bottom). No room servicing, they did not even come in the room. They noted to the front desk that my big dog was out and barking when my 5 lb Yorkie was kenneled on the opposite side of the room. In fact, I left both the towels and trash just inside the door since that was all I needed done to the room and neither had been taken. Where I come from, that is called laziness and overall housekeeping shows this throughout the property. To note, the front desk staff, especially in the evening, have always been very, very nice and helpful with any issues we may of had (i.e. pillows, lack of clean towels). The breakfast is hot and constantly tended to by staff, although the seating area is very small and on our 2nd morning, had to come down twice before actually being able to get a seat. The front reception area is very inviting, but that is the only part of the hotel that looks that way. Left one day early, the beds were just to uncomfortable to justify $80/night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
BrittanyWade, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lewisville, TX, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your most recent stay was with us at the Country Inn & Suites. It is my personal goal to see to it that every stay is a perfect stay and I want to send my sincere apologies that you did not experience such. We value your business and loyalty to our hotel and would like to get the chance to welcome you back and make it right. If you are ever in the area please don't hesitate to contact me at the hotel. Again we apologize for the experience that you encountered and appreciate your feedbacl. Look forward to seeing you again.

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Burkburnett, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed at the Lewisville TX Country Inn & Suites for two days -- it was great!! The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. Delicious free breakfast; clean, comfortable rooms and an awesome hotel staff made this trip such a pleasure for my family. The front desk staff was wonderful -- so helpful and very friendly. The woman in the breakfast area was delightful --so very friendly and helpful. The cleaning staff was great -- all smiles and very friendly. Everyone seemed like their mission was to ensure our stay was the best it could possibly be!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
brittany W, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lewisville, TX, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to us know how your experience was at our hotel. You are absolutely correct; we are on a mission to make sure your stay overly exceeds your expectations. I will make sure to pass your kind remarks on to my team. Once again thank you for letting us know how your stay was.

Brittany Wade
Westerville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Just stayed at this property for 8 days and what a lovely hotel. Can't beat it for the money. Free breakfast in the morning, clean comfortable rooms and a great hotel staff made this trip for my wife and I a pleasure. Front desk staff was helpful and very, very friendly. Comfy beds and a nice clean pool/whirpool area. Lot's of restaurants in the area and a decent mall that you can walk to is behind the hotel. There is a movie theater in the mall. Can't wait to get back to the DFW area to stay here.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 1st or or walk a short flight of stairs to the 2nd floor, elevators are a little s...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
brittany W, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lewisville, TX, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor. We really do appreciate your comments and concerns.I apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced with the speediness of the elevator and we are currently looking into this in efforts to help make sure it doesn't happen again. If you are ever in town again, please don't hesitate to contact us so that we may book your reservations again with us.
Pickerington, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stay as a group of golfers from all over the country, check in was quick and effortless. The hotel was very clean. The hotel is close to several good eating and shopping establishments. But the best part of our stay was the outstanding service the manager and her staff provided. They went above and beyond to make our stay an enjoyable experience. I would highly recommend this hotel for your stay. The price was right and the service is even better.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
We are so happy that you took the chance to let us know how we are doing on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your business when you are in town and many more. If you or your friends are ever in need of a place to call home just let us know. Thank you from the Lewisville Country Inn & Suites staff!
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I have been traveling for 1.5 months, just on the tale end of a long trip. When I arrived, I GREATLY appreciated the fact that the front desk made me aware that there were 3 baseball teams staying in the hotel. Obviously, after many nights in hotels, the thought of groups of roaming young people was not pleasant. So I asked if I could cancel the reservation, and not only did they help me cancel it, one of the employees walked me over to another hotel to negotiate a good rate for a quiet stay. I have seen hotels call other hotels... I have never been personally walked over. Everyone at the front desk was so pleasant and cordial that I really hope I have an opportunity to stay here when I come back to the Dallas area. Thanks for being upfront and honest! I have seen teams, bands, and circuses at hotels all across this country... I am so glad I knew this ahead of time before late night loudness would commence. I hope to be back soon!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us amongst the many other options in the Lewisville area. We strive to make sure we deliver the best service around. Informing our valuable guest about info that is necessary is the least we can do. If you are back in our area don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you once again!
Hewitt, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We were pleased with our stay at the hotel. It is easily accessible and very close to many restaurants and a shopping mall. The room was spacious and clean and the bathroom was large with plenty of counter space. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, we found the beds and pillows to be very uncomfortable. The hotel itself was very quiet; however, the noise from Interstate 35 & Hwy 121 was disruptive at times.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
North, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I was very pleased with my 3 night stay. The room was clean and nicely decorated. The breakfast area was nice with a different feature entree each morning. All of my interaction with employees of the hotel was positive. I would stay here again, anytime.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lewisville, TX? Share your experiences!