“Homewood Suites in Lewisville” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Get Double HHonors Points
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Lewisville
Albrighton, United Kingdom
“Homewood Suites in Lewisville”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I recently stayed at the Homewood Suites (by Hilton) in Lewisville, Tx and found it to be extremely disappointing. I have stayed at Homewood Suites before just not this location and have always found them to be very good, however, I was so disappointed when I checked-in to this location. Upon entry into the Hotel Lobby there was a nice fire in the fireplace, however that is the only nice thing that I can find to say. There was a distinctive unclean smell and after receiving my room key and walking towards the elevator the smell of rotting garbage and stale cigarette smoke was very nauseating. My room was tired, watermarks on the ceiling and a very musty stale order was in the room. The towels were grey and dingy and the bed was very lumpy. Overall it was not a place I would stay at again.

Room Tip: The hotel needs a complete remodelling job. I would not stay here again and nor would I recommend a...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Johnson City Tn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

This is a terrible hotel. I am a Diamond member. I stay in a hotel room 150 days a year. This is the worst place ever. Dirty, smelly, in ill repair. Non-smoking rooms that were smoked in. I purchased the room with points and when I checked out after being there 5 minutes. I was not refunded my points. Hilton is normally my first choice. This was just well below expectations.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HWSLewisville, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dallas/Lewisville, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear we fell short to your expectations. I can tell, as you have indicated, that Homewood Suites Lewisville did have an issue with the conditon you recieved with the room. I can guarantee you that the hotel team has worked tirelessly to fix it, and found the problem and corrections have been made. Although it is no excuse for the poor experience you had and I am truly apologize for the mishaps of your stay.
Sal-
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

The manager, Sal Rajan, went out of his way to accommodate me after a night staff person gave me wrong information about the hotel providing shuttle service to DFW. When I arrived, I called the hotel as I was told to do, but found that there was no service. Mr. Rajan came to the airport personally to pick me up to rectify the error, which was excellent customer service. He was very nice, and accommodating. The desk staff were also really helpful and pleasant to deal with.

The hotel is a bit worn, but was scheduled for renovation work shortly, and was quite adequate. We had a room with a fireplace which was nice as it was quite cold out. The food also was better than what you typically get in some hotels like this at a breakfast buffet. They had meals during the evening on some days, but I didn't stay on those days.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Colorado, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

The condition of the room (313) was not very good. The drywall seams were peeling on the ceiling, coffee maker didn't work and the electrical outlets were so worn that my phone charger would fall out. Rooms definitely need some TLC and updating. Stay somewhere else unless you absolutely need to be at this location.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Wimberley Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

This was our second stay at the Lewisville Homewood Suite. It surpassed our first visit in expectations. Close and convenient parking, very pleasant surroundings, close to shopping and restaurants, quiet room, seating area with fireplace in lobby was appreciated during the freezing temps Dallas was experiencing during our visit.

Flower Mound, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed here a couple times. It is a local hotel to us which we used when we had renovations going on at the house and as a quiet get away for a night out. Great for family since you have options for 2 beds in bedroom or 1 bed and the pull out sofa. Separate living and bedroom, 2 TVs. The kitchen has a large fridge not the under the counter 1/2 fridge. This time it was as a couple. Night out with mom watching the kids. Close enough in case of emergency but surprisingly distant. (due in part to the creek along one side) Staff was great, remembered me from phone call. Room was quiet. Bed was comfortable. And it's always nice to get breakfast the next day. The photos online are accurate. This is not a 5 star resort, but the value is there. There were stains (ring left over from prior cleaning) on the ottoman in the LR so I put the cleanliness and room only average. Bed, blankets, pillows microwave, utensils, toilet were all fine. In the area, this (or the Hampton across the Hwy) are the only places I'd stay.

Spring Hill, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Enjoyed our short stay of 2 nights. Would have liked a longer stay. Very pleased with hotel & staff. The complimentary breakfast was very good - lot of choices. The lobby was decorated for Christmas and was very festive.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Been to Homewood Suites Dallas/Lewisville? Share your experiences!