“Tx-Mx that's decent” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
League City, Texas, United States
“Tx-Mx that's decent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

It's a pretty good place to eat Mexican food. Nothing really stands out. We usually only eat here if someone else wants to. The salsa is served hot.

Visited May 2013

“Do yourself a favor, DON'T come here.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

No one was at the hostess stand when we arrived. Took a while for someone to seat us. On top of the food just being bad, there was a deep fried hair poking out of my chicken flauta. Yuck. Some of the items ordered never made it to the table but by the time I tasted the other food I decided I didn't want them anymore. The salsa is warm, almost souplike. I glanced back towards the kitchen and literally every employee is just standing around except the dishwasher. I saw many employees talking and texting on their phones. Including our MIA hostess who was nearly shouting to someone on the phone as we were leaving. This was hands down the worst experience I've had.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
League City, Texas
“Always a good place to eat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We have been eating at Esteban's for years and years and are usually always very pleased with our food. Maybe once in a blue moon something doesn't taste as good as normal, but it is rare. We have tried to many dishes there, they are all yummy. Their grilled chicken and shrimp are delicious, beans and rice always tasty and we love their guacomole! They have decent prices, fast service and the place is always clean.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Food is ok, ours came out coldn it was sebt back & apoeared to be microwaved. A bit over priced for what we received. Portion sizes were average. Most of the staff were curteous.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
League City, Texas
“Good food, affordable price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Although I have only frequented Esteban's about 4 times, I feel I can give it a fair shake in the review department. I have tried a variety of foods and find the quality to be good...however, being from Texas...we have high standards for TexMex cuisine. This restaurant seems to do well here locally but has a lot of competition. Compared to a few others, it is average. Good prices, friendly staff, and good food. I would and will return but when I think of great mexican food, Esteban's is not at the very top of my list. You can get a tastey meal at a better price than others but I feel Monterrey House, Pappasito's, and Gringo's are more superior.

Visited August 2012