“Too many problems” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in League City
Round Rock, Texas
“Too many problems”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel many times because the location is near my interest and during non-summer months the fee was fairly reasonable. The problem is you get what you pay for. After my last stay will be my last stay. Reason I stayed this last one time was due to the fact that during my previous stay I had to move rooms several times and the new general manager sorted it out and asked me to give it another chance as she was trying to resolve all the problems with the hotel. We'll she was not there anymore this visit so back to the old same.

One recurring problem is the ice machine in the fridge doesn't start making ice for hours. When it does begin making ice it maybe will make a glass of ice over a day. This is in all the rooms that I stayed in. The hotel has no other ice available. I always had to go buy ice for the stay.

Lastly the internet service is intermittent and drops every few minutes. This last stay the phone started ringing every 10 minutes at 7 am. The front desk said the system went down over night. But this has happened to me before at this hotel. So much for sleeping in.

If you want to stay somewhere cheap and you are easy to please this is a good stay. Otherwise find another hotel.

Room Tip: Without requesting it you will get a room on the first floor which always seemed to have TV/DVD prob...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites League City, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Rick O,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the ice maker and internet connectivity issues prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
HAMMOND
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed here the night before our cruise because it was on special with IHG Rewards points. The place looked like it had just been built! It is behind a Tire and Auto Repair place. We needed a room with 2 beds and that request was granted by Vanessa when we checked in. Had to take alot of luggage to the room to organize our bags for the cruise. Room was clean but I heard a beeping. Went out for a while and when we returned - still heard beeping. I didn't know if it was a smoke detector or the dishwasher. Called front desk and Vanessa came up and listened. She reset the dishwasher and that fixed the beeping! I wasn't familiar with the type of dishwasher in the room. Found a packet of microwave popcorn in the microwave - Vanessa told us that should be there. So we watched TV & ate popcorn. The next morning there was coffee for the coffeemaker, bought some juice & milk and brought Oatmeal with us so we could eat in the room. The AC worked good, beds were comfy. Ready to re-load our van and ELEVATOR OUT OF ORDER! We had to carry all our luggage down the hall & down the stairs! Should have requested 1st floor room! Redeemed coupons for our free sodas. Check out was quick - No Charge!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Arlington TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The bed is completely heavenly! I slept like a rock on the wonderful bed, and then I saw a sticker on the fridge that explains how you can buy their custom made beds on their website. I am SO INTERESTED! The hotel is pretty far from the beach, and the room is fairly small, but it has everything you need! It's clean, comfortable, and way cheaper than anything on Seawall. There was a problem with our reservation when we were checking in (at 3:30 AM), but it got resolved with a call to customer care and speaking to the GM. I acted like a JERK, though, and I want to apologize to Porchea! I hope you forgive me! There was no reason for me to act like that. I love the hotel, and I'll be back!

Room Tip: The whole place is silent, we never heard any noise.
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel is horrible!! Seems they are so hard up for money I don't know why they even opened. We used our debit card and they not only authorized the WHOLE room amount but charged our card again for each night we were there. And now we have to wait 7 days for the hold to release. However, this was never mentioned while we were checking in. I was later shown a little sign that said if I used my debit card a hold would be placed for 5-7 business days. That sign didn't tell me crap. So basically for a week we are being charged double. The beds were very uncomfortable and for what we paid a night, I would think they could afford a upgraded mattress without springs poking you in the back. And they are so hard up for money, they can't even offer a continental breakfast. This place was the worst place I have ever stayed and the staff didn't care. I WON'T be staying here ever again, and I dang sure won't recommend this place to anyone I know. They don't even offer ice machines, you have to check in, turn on your icemaker in the fridge in your room and WAIT for it to produce. This place is a joke.

Room Tip: I can't offer any good advice or helpful tips. This place is too horrible.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites League City, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear mstxnproud,

Thank you for your feedback. We welcome feedback as it assist us in our never-ending task to better ourselves and improve things for our guests.

I am concerned to read the troubles you had during your stay. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had with the charges on your credit card and truly sorry for the shortcomings you had during your stay. This is definitely not reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves with so kindly be assured that your comments will be looked into and will be used to reconsider updates.

We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Dhan M

Travelers are raving about these League City hotels

North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Pros: within walking distance to restaurants and shopping, kitchenette, fitness room (small), decent beds and shower

Cons: pool out of service, no breakfast, not many restaurants in area

Stayed here for a 3 day business trip after another hotel in Galveston lost our reservation that was booked months in advance. The hotel provided the basics with a clean bed and working shower. They offer free coffee in the morning and have an "honor fee pantry" with various snacks. The hotel front desk was friendly. Nice Tex Mex restaurant right next door and you can walk to Penney's, Best Buy, Starbucks, Panera and WalMart in the strip mall nearby. It's a bit of a jaunt but all connected by side roads. Overall decent stay for what we needed.

• Stayed July 2013
Lewisville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I was a little leery about staying here after reading the reviews. But this a new hotel and very nice. All the staff was nice, the room was nice and comfortable. I didnt get to enjoy the pool because it was always full of people, as its not that big. My only complaints are the bed is NOT a queen bed. It was very small and flimsey. The sheets could have been whiter and of better quality, and the bath towels need to be upgraded. I look forward to using big white comfy towels. We didnt have any toilet paper on the roll when we got there, but it was under the cabinet, but I would think you would put a full roll on and I wouldnt have to look for it. Also there was no face towels when we first got there and when I went to inquire about some, she said they only had one face towel til the morning. Other than that, the stay did what we needed it to do.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We went down for a tournament and booked a total of 10 rooms only to get down there and just because you have a reservation, doesn't mean you have a reservation. They were overbooked and couldn't get us in a room. As I stood there for 3 hours trying to make sure our teammates were in a room, miraculously rooms were popping up and available. Manager took 15 smoke breaks as we were waiting on an answer. Sheets were dirty...took 2 days to get a new set so we had to not use that bad. OVERALL HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. I would never stay here again!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites League City, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear 55711UnhappyCamper,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am very sorry to hear that the service you received was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests.

We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future and provide you with the service you deserve and expect from us.

Lera P
IHGCare

Been to Candlewood Suites League City? Share your experiences!