You added South Shore Harbour Resort and Conference Center to your Saves list
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in League City
Houston, Texas
“My favorite!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

I've actually stayed at this resort twice now. First time last year and again this past 4th of July. It's a great getaway if you're coming from Houston. The pool is fantastic and drinks aren't bad either. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are decent and beds comfortable. Make this place adults-only and you have yourself a 5 star!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
SSHR, General Manager at South Shore Harbour Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Our favorite too! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback with TripAdvisor. I am so glad you have enjoyed both of your stays with us. We appreciate the 4 STAR rating and look forward to having your return for a 3rd trip. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Roy Green-General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Pearland, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We booked the Executive King room this past weekend and were pleased with everything!! The room was clean, large, updated, and although not 100% perfect, it was a great room with a great view! The hotel is in close proximity to Kemah and various other great restaurants. The pool was very lively (with a DJ) and just enough of a "party" atmosphere for us to really enjoy ourselves. The room included breakfast buffet, which was just delicious!! Overall, it was a wonderful weekend and I have a feeling we will be staying here again as soon as we can get away!!

Just for management sake, here are a few recommendations:
1) Rooms should offer a safe, definitely Executive level rooms.
2) Balcony furniture would have been nice.
3) Recognition of our anniversary by the hotel/staff would have been a bonus.
4) Pancakes on the breakfast buffet would put it over the top! ;) lol

Room Tip: I will definitely only stay in the Executive level rooms (Floors 10-11). From my impression and othe...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Tomball, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on August 16-August 17.

Pros:
Great Location - located right on a marina with a beautiful view
Clean
Cold AC - I saw a couple of reviews where they mentioned that the AC was way too cold. The rooms did tend toward the cooler side but it was perfect after a long day in Galveston. There were sufficient blankets supplied. I was quiet happy with the AC temperature.

Cons:
Would be nice if they had refrigerators in the room

Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
SSHR, General Manager at South Shore Harbour Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
We love our location. Close to everything but far from it all. We appreciate your comments and feedback on TripAdvisor. Hope the rest of your summer goes well. By the way, we are working towards adding mini fridges to all rooms for our renovation next year.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I booked the hotel for my anniversary. The pictures and amenities made the place seem wonderful. I got into the non smoking executive king room and it smelled like it hadnt been opened in awhile, the ac didnt allow u to set it lower then 67, the showers looked dirty and grimmy, and it was small. Something I would expect from a cheap motel not a spa and resort. We didnt even stay, we left.

• Stayed August 2014
SSHR, General Manager at South Shore Harbour Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
I am sorry that your anniversary at the resort did not go as planned. Anytime our guests have a problem of any kind that we can control or fix, we do our very best to make it right. I hope you reported your concerns to our staff, and I hope you were offered an alternative room. My apologies to you both for the hotel not meeting your expectations.

Travelers are raving about these League City hotels

Pacifica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

When you see the words five-star venue please do not imagine that this is a venue of snobs. What you are going to get here is a wonderful example of Texas hospitality and friendliness.

Let's talk about what stands out with this hotel. The first is lunch. All of our doctors want us to eat healthy foods. These healthy foods include lots of vegetables, salads, lean meats and low-calorie desserts. As most of us know, this healthy eating means that we are stuck with food that, shall we say, tastes like cardboard. The lunches here are a doctor's dream and they are very flavorful.

The second stand out of this hotel is the fitness center. Most of us are used to fitness centers in hotels throughout the world. Basically it's a bunch of exercise machines on one wall. This hotel offers a 2,500 square foot fitness center where Donald Trump, Bill Gates, or Elon Musk could be found working out. It's incredible. There is a large indoor pool with jacuzzi, an outdoor pool,child care for kids, an incredible gym, and basket ball courts.

The third standout feature of the hotel is the banquet room. It's adjacent to the hotel and with wonderful views of a yacht marina and water.

I stayed at this hotel for six days. My room was clean and comfortable. There was plenty of parking. Access to both William P. Hobby Airport and Bush Intercontinental Airport is available by shuttle.

The only improvement I could recommend is the bar. One has to go to the bar and line up for drinks, as is the case in a pub. This needs to be remodeled.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Our chef will be thrilled with your review of his team’s food. Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed and favorable review of your visit with us. You mention the renovation of our lobby lounge; we hope to get started on that in the first quarter of 2015. Thank you again for positive comments and we hope to have you back visiting with us soon.

Spring, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

This will be our 3rd year going here. Although it is a bit dated my husband and I love it. The staff is always Awsome and we love the area. Always a great romantic get away. Can't wait to get there again.

• Stayed August 2014
We appreciate the high rating and the kind comments. WE look forward to you returning again next year, and experience some of our major improvements scheduled for 2015. Enjoy the rest of your summer and thank you for your support and business.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

First, I travel a lot, and I know the difference between getting service, and getting outstanding service. SSHR provided outstanding service during our visit (July 26-July 28, 2014). First, we requested, and were afforded an early check-in. Jordan (at front desk) was professional. While I would agree that some aspects of the rooms can be more modernized; I will also say that the room was immaculately maintained (Room No 1001), and was a perfect 20th year anniversary stay for me and my wife. The one thing I will say about SSHR, is that the (online) pictures, and views simply do not do it justice-- I'll load better ones after my next visit. Yes, the visit was so nice, that I've scheduled a family visit for next week! The location to Kemah is also excellent-- not too far, and not too close. I can only hope that my upcoming visit will be a position addition to this rating. On the (minor) negative side-- I only wish they had a better selection of local/cable TV channels.

Room Tip: Room Number 1001 has an excellent view of the pool area, and marina.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
I am so grateful for your detailed and flattering review of your stay. Happy Anniversary to you both and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our TripAdvisor users. Hope to have you back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near League City
Boardwalk Inn
Boardwalk Inn
#2 of 5 in Kemah
4.0 of 5 stars 324 reviews
Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake
Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)
Staybridge Suites Houston / NASA - Clear Lake
Hampton Inn & Suites Houston/League City
Courtyard by Marriott Houston NASA/Clear Lake

Been to South Shore Harbour Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!