“Nice for Conference or Get Away” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Resort Package
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in League City
Texas
“Nice for Conference or Get Away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This was the host hotel for our annual conference of about 150 or so women, and it was a perfect location for us. Everything we needed was on site, and the staff was very nice and helpful. Both our hotel room and the main meeting room had a lot of light and nice views of the marina. The small lighthouse added a touch of charm. Although we were here for a conference, I can definitely see myself coming back here for a weekend get-away with family or friends.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
SSHR, General Manager at South Shore Harbour Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
With over 25,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, we have just the right spot for any size conference or social event. We do over 30 Weddings a year and countless corporate events like the one you attended. Thank you so much for the kind words regarding our staff, service and accommodations. I hope you will return soon and enjoy the Clear Lake /Bay Area Houston Area. There are great shopping opportunities, water sports, and places to explore. The new Tanger Outlet Mall is only about .10 minutes from the hotel.

Enjoy your summer and we look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Pasadena, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here over the weekend with a ladies retreat. I was impressed with the look of the hotel, inside and out. The staff were very helpful and pleasant. I really enjoyed the breakfast buffet. Very good variety and tasty and the coffee was great! The only complaint I have is that our room was warm most of the time, while most of the other ladies complained of freezing in theirs and no blankets to cover with. I slept comfortably though, once the a/c decided to stay where it was. The thermostats need to be checked so they can be manually adjusted.

Overall, all, a good stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dewey Egberts is the coffee we serve, and we get great reviews both in the restaurant and in our banquet department. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit during your ladies retreat. We are proud to work closely with many groups/organizations and churches for all types of weekend retreats. We have special pricing and packaging for those types of bookings. I do apologize for your room not being at the right temperature.

From time to time, we have to adjust the thermostats and reset them. We do a thorough check at the beginning of summer and winter to attempt to ensure the comfort of all our guests. Wishing you a safe and enjoyable summer and look forward to your return again.
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights while on a business trip. From the moment I got out of my car, I was treated very well. Although I booked a special rate that only included a ground-floor room, the girl at the front desk moved me to an upper floor since I was going to be there for so long. The room was clean and had a great view. During my entire stay, every time I walked by a staff member, they greeted me. They were ALL very nice and welcoming. One of the maintenance men said "We are so glad to have you here." The little things like that really made me feel welcome. I only ordered room service one time but was very impressed with the food. It was just a hamburger and fries but it was delicious! It was my last night there. It made me wish I had ordered more often. I would definitely recommend them and will stay here again during my next visit!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
SSHR, General Manager at South Shore Harbour Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words regarding your recent stay. We are working hard to remind ourselves each and every day the importance of customer service and that our guests and clients have a choice. I will be sure to share your remarks with our Culinary Team and Maintenance Staff so they will know that their efforts are appreciated. We have recently updated our lobby, lobby lounge and many of our meeting rooms and are anxious for more people to check us out. Thanks again.
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were in Houston for work. Most of our appointments were in the downtown area. After searching for a nice quiet hotel near the downtown area, a Houston resident recommended this hotel. Although it's a 40 minute ride from downtown, you can't beat the price, the environment, the friendliness and the value. Define fly recommend it if you're either in Houston or Galveston for work or pleasure.

• Stayed January 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience with others on line. We pride ourselves in putting our guests first and trying to exceed those expectations. We are about half way between Houston and Galveston, just 3 miles off I-45 to East if driving South on I-45. Many guests find our quiet resort feel location to be the perfect staging area for fun or work in Houston or Galveston. Thank you again for the kind remarks.
Tuners Hill
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stayed here for three nights for a weekend break before heading to downtown Houston. Booked online so was expecting the hotel to look just like the pictures. Very disappointed.
We arrived late and the reception staff were extremely helpful, just come off a long haul flight and driven from the airport, was shown to the bar, which was a strange setup, didn't flow right.
A refurbished entrance lures you into a false sense of security, only one elevator services all the floors, our floor level was very dated and in dire need of white paint. Our room was clean, but the decor was aged, the fridge was old and made a noise all night.
Ordered room service and my gumbo was cold, not nice.
Breakfast was terrible, no toaster, no decent bread and the coffee was foul, other subsequent mornings we went out for breakfast.
Didn't feel that we got good value for money, although I must say that the location was great.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
SSHR, General Manager at South Shore Harbour Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Our hotel guest floors and rooms were renovated in 2009/2010. The guest rooms have a caramel or light brown accent wall or a light olive color depending on the floor. We wanted to get away from the standard white walls. Our lobby lounge is just north of the lobby check in area, and is on 2 levels with great views of the Clear Lake sunsets, so I’m not sure why the concern for the lobby lounge set up? And to be clear, we have two elevators at the north end of the hotel lobby and one on the south side of the lobby, with all 3 taking guests from the lower level parking garage directly to one of the 10 guest floors. My apologies are extended if guests were not happy with the Breakfast Buffet. We have an extensive Breakfast buffet and usually receive rave reviews. We strive of course to please all guests, and when we do fall short, we attempt to make it right. I hope the guests will give us another try, and when issues arise, give us the opportunity to correct them.
Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Approximately 10 rooms were rented for a wedding in Kemah by various guests and the wedding party. Some of us stayed on Friday and Saturday night. Most of the guests had the same complaint about the beds and the obvious wear and tear on the mattresses.

The mattresses were horrible and the floor would have been more comfortable. They promised to bring us a fridge to keep the bouquets and corsages fresh. We had to call them twice to remind them, then they charged me $15 for the delivery of the fridge. When we opened it to put in the flowers, it was full of mold and smelled terrible. They brought up another one, but still charged me the $15.

Witht he exception of Hector, most of the staff were not friendly and not very helpful.

The view is amazing, but that is all that this place has going for it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed here one night during biker rally, It was very quiet, it was easy to access our room directly from the parking garage. Very clean and well kept. We really enjoyed our time here. We will definitely go here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to South Shore Harbour Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!