“The better ever seen” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Laredo
Forlì
“The better ever seen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Do not be fooled by the number of stars ... it's a wonderfull place, spectacular rooms, with a lot of pools and a marvelous service. The price quality ratio is the highest I've ever seen... Necessary to try

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
San Antonio, Texas, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

My husband and I were in town for a Christmas Party and stayed at the La Posada hotel. The pictures on the website do not to this hotel justice. Rooms were large and the bathrooms were huge! The grounds and the landscaping are beautiful and it's winter so I can only image what the hotel looks like the in summer! Had dinner at the Tack Room our first night and it was the greatest steak I have ever had and we are food snobs! Cooked and Seasoned to perfection! Luis made the best banana fosters, it is a favorite dessert of mine that is becoming hard to find done the right way. Staff at the hotel was very friendly and attentive from the minute we pulled up. Martin the bartender at the Zaragoza Grill makes the greatest Margarita EVER! Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

For $50 they are pet friendly, but there is no yard to walk the dog! They only have valet parking, so I don't recommend visiting here with a pet that likes to sleep in the car instead of being left in the room. The staff is extremely friendly and remembers your name. They do not charge extra for more wood for your fireplace, so enjoy all the kiva fires you like! They have coffee-makers in the room. Like many old hotels where we have stayed, the windows and doors leak like sieves, but the central heat makes up for it. We had to wait a while for the hot water to get hot, but did not run out during a long shower. The rooms are comfortable and quiet. The location is off the square. The restaurant, Fuego, is good, but not outstanding. They have an annoying $50 charge for "conveniences" that include use of the hotel's fitness center and valet-driven shuttle service to nearby restaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: We did not use the spa, so I cannot comment. The best room during warm weather when you can enjoy s...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

La Posada has been a favorite of ours for as long as it's been open, throughout the tumultuous economic times and scary drug issues on the Mexican side of this border city. But our most recent weekend visit was a disaster - and while the staff was pleasant and friendly, they did not follow through on our complaints. My husband, sister and I stayed in a one-bedroom suite. The moment we checked in, we realized service had gone downhill. The parking garage seemed to be 'reserved' for oli field workers, no help with our luggage and when we entered our room, the moldy, musty smell was almost overpowering. We sprayed perfume and hoped for the best, but as we prepared for our evening out, we discovered that there was only one roll of toilet paper for the two bathrooms, no wash cloths and no stopper in the bathtub. Stuck to the top of the bedroom door was a 6-inch piece of toilet paper that none of us wanted to touch. Yuk! As we hurried to an event, we gave the desk clerk our list of problems. Upon our return, later that evening our room had one additional roll of toilet paper and two washcloths. Bathtub stopper was still missing, and the smell was going,strong. Next day: no change. Let me tell you we hoarded that TP. Sunday morning when we checked out, that piece of toilet paper was still stuck to the door, waving in the musty air. Return visit? Unlikely, since our complaints went unheeded, except for that lonely, token roll of toilet paper.

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Laredo, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

The room I requested online ( a king) turned out to be a two bed room in the worst possible spot in the hotel. The very back corner, facing a staircase and next to the elevator. No patio, no view, no nothing. Whe I called the front desk to explain I had ordered a king room, she said they were sold out.

The parking was EMPTY! And styed pretty much empty my whole stay. 2/3 of the hotel was empty, but there wasn't one single king room? Three times, my card key would not work and on the second night there was some type of room construction going on below me for 3 hours in the evening. I called 4 times asking the front desk to please have them stop and it fianally did at 8pm.

The dinnig waitress was extremily rude at dinner asking me to 'please sit at the bar" because I was only one person. when I said I wanted a table, you would have thought I had insulted her.
The rest of her night was dedicated to her phone. From then on, I simply ordered pizza to my room. the delivery guy had better manors than the staff.

I would rather jump the fence into Mexico and sleep in a box behind a dumpster then to ever spend another dime here.

In fact, what they don't know is that I was in town to book a series on confrences that would have gained them thousands this year alone.

My business instead went to the HOLIDAY INN CIVIC CENTER where I signed the contracts today.

You just never know who your gonna piss off and how much it can cost you.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I spent four days at La Posada this past November. It was truly a fantastic experience.. One feels like time has stood still in this area of town. I enjoyed the historic location. Everyone from the porters to the managers did everything in his/her power to enrich our stay. The entire staff was friendly and kind. I believe they have mastered 'hospitality' to the highest degree. The food at the restaurant was very good. We had a large number who were served at different times. Our waiter was always gracious and did not seem to mind our caous. We stayed in the junior suite which afforded us a wonderful view of the bridge.
I travel to Laredo at least once a year. Once I stayed at La Posada, I could never stay anywhere else. My compliments to the managers and staff. For a piece of history and to experience Tex Mex hospitality... you cannot go wrong with this wonderful treasure of a hotel.

Room Tip: Have the breakfast buffet in the hotel. For more wonderful food nearby.. El Pasillo de San Augustin...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We are very experienced travelers and we had one of the most fantastic stays, which we only have experienced in various other very luxurious hotels. Everything was perfect: The rooms, the restaurant, the bar, the pool area, the gardens, the valet service and the all around service by the staff. Will shall never consider another hotel in in Laredo for such a surprisingly low price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Posada Hotel? Share your experiences!