The reason I am writing this review is to recommend their lunch buffet. Thursdays and Tuesdays is Mexican food buffet. Excellent! They have a taquito station, with Juan behind the grill offering different choices as if he were a host in his own home, very gracious and professional. The pozole was very good, as were the taquitos, the charro beans and the rice were also very good. Actually, everything I tried was delicious. The price does not include your drink, but that's okay, just come hungry so you can try different dishes. I took a spoonful of some dishes just to taste them, but I didn't try every dish. The dessert is not bad but not great, a pudding, a couple of different cakes and pie.
The last time I stayed here I was disappointed and chose the Courtyard by Marriott next door. I requested shuttle service in the morning but ended up driving myself because the driver couldn't find the keys, then he couldn't find the vehicle and seemed annoyed or indifferent at best.
This time NORMA was the driver, she was courteous, prompt and professional. If you use the shuttle and she's your driver please tip her well. She is a hardworker. I agree with another post, they don't have enough staff to run the place well.
The rooms are blah, but clean and adequate. Someone mentioned the neighborhood is not safe to walk at night, and they might be right, but this is not exactly a touristy spot.
JUAN and NORMA kept me from rating this place lower in service.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Laredo-Civic Hotel
- Holiday Inn Laredo-Civic Hotel Laredo
- Holiday Inn Laredo
- Laredo Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the newly Relaunched Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel located on IH -35. where guests will be greeted with warm Texas hospitality. We are your perfect hotel for convenience, amenities, features and benefits for both our Corporate Traveler and Families. We invite you to experience the Holiday Inn Civic Center. Our Hotel is a 14 story high rise hotel. houses one of the finest restaurants in Laredo. The Terraza Verde Restaurant and serves a great variety of cuisine, from Mexican food, to steaks and seafood. Kids under 12 eat free from the children's menu when accompanied by an adult. The Holiday Inn is a full service property equipped with a business center and wireless Internet throughout the hotel for all guests. We have 5,000 sq.ft of meeting rooms,and provide all your catering needs. Our workout center offers brand new equipment for your strength and cardiovascular training. Guests can also enjoy the Covey Lounge bar. Enjoy live entertainment on Friday and Saturday night and great drink specials. Complimentary shuttle service is provided to the Laredo International Airport, Mall Del Norte, and International Bridge I. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Laredo-Civic Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.