“It is ok for its type” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 34 hotels in Laredo
Elysian Fields, TX
“It is ok for its type”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stay here every month, I am a Platinum member. I recognize the fact that this is an old style H.I. and it is what it is. Check in is usually a long drawn out affair- not enough staff for the # of people trying to get in. The rooms are outdated as compared to most H.I.'s but that I guess is to be expected. I usually eat in the resturant and it is good- better than many others at other H.I.'s so no issues there.
The price is pretty good and I feel safe in the rooms. Would I walk the neighborhood at night? No.
I kind of like the under building parking.
There is nothing I actually dislike about this location but I guess I do not ever look forward to coming here. I never get upgraded or made to feel thanked for choosing this location over the other HIEX by the airport. No discount coupons for bar or restraunt ect. The beds and linens are all up to HI standareds.
You know what I do like? There is this pretty little courtyard that no one ever seems to use. I like to go and sit in the evening there. Hotel ought to consider putting more $ into the plantings. It is well maintained by the same man I see each time I am there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Located in a not-so-pleasant neighborhood. Not a safe place to walk around at night...rooms were warm, halls were hot...room basic, but clean...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Guanajuato, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

We've stayed here several times since 2010 and there's always a lot happening in the lobby. The live music coming from the bar is really loud and there's a lot of activity with people hanging out, coming and going. That's all in the lobby. Our rooms have always been quiet, clean and pleasant to sleep in. Parking is easy, there are places to walk to outside and the restaurant has good food.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

February 17 2012 stay
This hotel has goten just awful.
Bad service. Bad rooms. Music in the bar is horrible, and HORRiBLY LOUD!
Rude guests from Mexico, allowing their room doors to bang close, in their comings and goings. 'Yelling' up and down the halls to each other!
As a Priority Club member it's a shame to have to go elsewhere. But after staying at this hotel the past 10 years, every stay getting worse, and the hotel/staff don't care....
So, the hotel itself has forced us to seek other venues from now on Holiday Inn, Laredo.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Laredo-Civic Center, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
BotanicalSA,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We’re sorry that you received service that was less-than-satisfactory. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ben J
IHG Care
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012 via mobile

Check in took forty five minutes for two rooms. One of the rooms smelled like a cat had been living there. The restrant and bar are very overpriced. The only saving grace was a lower room price with corporate lodging. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

I have tried 3 other hotels in the area and on this last trip I tried the Holiday Inn. Next time around, I'll be back. Even though it is an older building it has been well maintained and kept current. The room was only average size (reflecting its date) but the furnishings were newer and very comfortable. TV line up could have been a little better but the other aspects of the hotel made up for that. Location is great right off the main highway and there is a free inside parking garage. The lounge is open late and is very inviting. The restaurant has great food with excellent size portions. All of the staff I interacted with were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Brighton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

Spent 2 nights here. Given that Laredo is basically a different country, I had somewhat lowered my expectations of this hotel prior to arriving. Upon arriving, I was pleasantly surprised. The location was great and the shuttle service they provide makes it even better. Parking is free. The front desk was very friendly, rooms were clean and the pool area was great. I did have to track down a towel, but that was my biggest inconvenience the whole stay(if you can call it one). I did not eat at the hotel as there are several authentic places in the area. Overall it was a better than average hotel and probably even better when considering some of the other options I saw in the area. You won't go wrong by staying here.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Laredo-Civic Center? Share your experiences!