“OK place to stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 37 Hotels in Laredo
Whitby, Canada
“OK place to stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Days Inn Laredo for 4 nights, Feb. 1 - 5, 2012. We were attending a Birding Festival in Laredo. The hotel was conveniently located off I-35/83. It has a Mexican restaurant (Tlaquepaque) attached to it where we ate one delicious meal. There was a fridge and microwave in the room. There is a laundromat with 2 washers and 2 dryers ($2 per use) upstairs in one of the buildings. We were in a non-smoking, wheelchair-accessible room with wide doorways and large bathroom.

The room was comfortable and seemed to have recently been renovated. Other rooms in that wing are also being freshened up.

Continental breakfast was provided but we were up too early most mornings to avail ourselves of it. The one morning we had the continental breakfast (the Sunday), the lobby was jammed with people and there was nowhere to sit.

The really disappointing thing was their free Wifi signal was too weak in spite of the fact that the manager boasted that it was newly installed. After repeated complaints, they finally just gave us an ethernet cord to use. As a result, we were only able to use one computer at a time and my husband's iPad not at all (it doesn't have a place to plug the ethernet cord in).

If I were to stay in the area again, I would probably stay in a more up-scale place.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Monterrey, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

We booked the hotel for 6 persons through Expedia. The check inn was without problem but the room had beds/couch for 5. At the font desk the answer was that the rooms have only 5 beds and that an extra bed was possible only for an extra cost(?). For breakfast we came 3 minutes later and they had already taken everything away, The manager (i think) told us was that the breakfast time was over and that we should go, as we did... but forever!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

We stayed here because it was affordable and within easy reach of food outlets and a supermarket.

Days Inn talk big: they promise value, comfort, a good breakfast and a promise that everything will work but of course these things don't always happen in real life.

The value was there and so was the comfort: the room was impeccably clean, the bed comfortable and there were plenty of cable TV channels but the bathroom door was warped and wouldn't close properly and the breakfast was very average, although filling if you like waffles.

I'd stay here again, I felt safe and reception were approachable. Value for money? Just about, yes.

On a different note, many of the reviewers on this site have only one or two to their name. I don't even start paying attention until they've contributed a minimum of ten.

Room Tip: There are no elevators at this property. Facing the interstate reduces noise from trains.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Roros, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Our checkin at the hotel was delayed as it was impossible to get into our hotelroom there. It turned out there had been some work done on the door - the paint was still wet and smelling and the safety lock removed. The staff had to reprogram the door lock. As a result we were delayed and the restaurant closed. The reception said she could arrange free transport to nearby restaurant, but we almost missed it due to no communication between the reception and the driver. At the end we were given a ride to a junkfood place instead.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Pearsall, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

We were in town visiting some family over Memorial weekend and chose to stay at this hotel and enjoyed our stay very much. Rooms are very clean and comfortable along with great service from the hotel staff.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

My company has arrangements with a few of the hotels in the Laredo area. While its true that in the past - this property was not the greatest, this has CHANGED for the better!!
The management has renovated many of the rooms and most if not all have luxury pillow top beds - VERY comfortable. Now flat screen TV's have been installed.
I always connected my internet via ethernet cable, however I also can use my cell as it has a hotspot. I have used the hotel provided system wirelessly and it has also improved.
This hotel is MY first choice to stay of all the ones that take CLC that are approved by my company to stay at. Most of my co-workers also choose this property first.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

Booked though Hotels .com
When I arrived , the room was kind of dirty and the carpet stained the tub had no stopper
they changed rooms and no relief the same problem again and again!
Finally after 20 minutes they found me a room with working tub!
The next day I wanted to utilize the shuttle they said only for workers and refused .
I spoke to Karen and Brenda at the front desk they said i need permission from manager. I gave them my cell for him to call No callback !
I would never recommended this hotel .and i wont ever stay there again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn & Suites Laredo? Share your experiences!