“Clean Work” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Laredo
Laredo
“Clean Work”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Cover sheet was missing from one of the beds and in the bath tub it had lot of hair in the drain. It can stand better cleaning service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Oliphant
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

We stayed here before crossing into Mexico. Booked the room online and had NO problem with checking in. My wife used the laundry facilities without issue. Although Laredo itself left much to be desired, our room here was fine for one night and the price. WiFi worked. Bed was comfortable. Room was clean. No issues with lack of hot water or water pressure. What more do you want for a sub-$60 room?

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
tx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I checked the web site for a hotel in Larado, who took the Wyndham's rewards card. I found the Super 8 in Larado, Texas. So I called to verify there was a room available. The web site said the room was $57. When I called the lady said it is $57. I asked if the accepted the Wyndham's rewards card, I was told yes. The web page, for Super 8, had the Wyndham's logo pasted all over it. So, when I checked in, I handed the clerk my card, I was told: If we give you your points on this card we will have to charge you 79.99 for the room. I have called Super 8 and launched a formal complaint. I was told this is a discount price, therfore, they will not honor the card.. I have got nowhere with Wyndham either, they say it is up to the hotel to honor it or not.. What a crock.! The card is almost worthless. This happens to me at least 2-3 times a week at different hotels, all over the country. So be ware of the racket they are running. Don't bother trying to use your card to earn points. It is not going to happen. Wyndham or Super 8 are not going to try to correct this problem so my advise to you : Throw them in the trash ..they are worthless..Do not put stock into ever getting rewards for any stay unless you are willing to fight both tooth and nail to get them it is not worth the trouble.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere....
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
DANNY P, Manager at Super 8 Laredo, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for staying with us at The SUPER 8 LAREDO, we certainly hope that you had a pleasurable staying experience and we look forward to having you back again in the future.

We value your feedback and appreciate you taking a few moments to complete our survey. Your comments are very important to us as we strive to provide you with excellent stay and outstanding service.

Manager
mo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

I had stayed in this Super 8 almost 3 yrs ago. I had no problems with this location at that time. I even took their business card and promised to stop in and stay the next time I went to Mexico. In December of 2011 my mother booked our room and paid with her card. When I checked in I was told I would have to use my credit card to check in, that they would not charge it. (the next day I called my automated bank system and my card was charged) My room was dirty, some of the lights did not work, there was no refrigerator, wi-fi did not work. The door was jammed so I had to slam it shut, and push very hard to open it. And their free "hot breakfast" was horrible.
The customer service at this location sucks! They were very rude to everyone I saw them talking to. One of the workers even argued with her daughter in front of the customers.
I will never stay at this location EVER again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Hackensack, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

I did not have high expectations. I travel a great deal in Mexico so I am not spoiled. Knowing that Laredo is a border city with nearly 90% of the population being Mexico - I hold the hotel to Mexican standards - not spoiled American standards.

I checked in after 11 pm. The staff was extremely courteous and polite by anyone's standards. Many people were checking in as well and the two people at the front desk were rather efficient.

The room was very clean and it was quiet.

The first negatives were a lumpy bed and the WIFI did not work. I was there for less than 8 hours so I was fine. Not having HOT WATER at 5:30 am was inexcusable. It appeared everyone else was sleeping. When travelling I want a clean bed and a hot shower in the morning. Not being able to shower ruined the experience.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Galveston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2010

Booked my reservations w/Orbitz rep on phone a week ahead of time. Upon arrival & check-in, front desk clerk informed me one of my rooms was upstairs when I had specified for both rooms b on floor level. Orbitz rep guaranteed the specifics of my requests particularly one room for a traveling senior citizen. Well, the clerk then informs me after she realizes the price I paid thru Orbitz that will now cost me an additional $30.00 to accommodate my senior citizen even though this was specified & guaranteed. Needless to say staff was perturbed about whole situation & very openly told me never to use a 3rd party to book. Whole thing was such a mess by the time I got to my room finally. Staff isn't exactly happy to welcome or make U feel welcome. I would think twice about ever staying here again or booking thru Orbitz!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2009

After reading the previous review, we weren't sure if we should stay here, but we did. Everything seemed fine to us. The front desk clerk was nice. The room furnishings were like new and very nice. The mattress was good. Our room was very clean; I would even say spotless! The breakfast was just OK; not a large selection. It was a good value for the money. We were very impressed with the room overall.

• Liked — Very clean, nice room
  • Disliked — Breakfast was so-so
  • Stayed January 2009
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Super 8 Laredo? Share your experiences!