“Great hotel and Service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Laredo
TX
“Great hotel and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The Staybridge Suites in Laredo, TX is the first I've stayed in and I loved it. Clean rooms, nice and comfortable beds Breakfast was good, the usual, fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, bacon, make your own wafles, etc. All the employees were very nice. I highly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed several nights at the Staybridge Laredo. It would be a great location if you are attending an event at the Laredo Energy Arena, because it is just a short walk. Behind the hotel is a little lake with a trail, great for early morning jogs or walks. It seems to be a very safe area, too.

There isn’t a lot around this property in the way of restaurants or amenities. There is a Whataburger not too far away, and the hotel shares a parking lot with a Stripes gas station/convenience store. There is plenty of parking space for both. I went to pick up a couple of things at the Stripes, and I have to say I was tempted by the freshly prepared food offerings they had available. From the looks of the crowd in line, it must have been pretty tasty, too.

This was not my first stay at this Staybridge, and as a Platinum Priority Club member on a previous visit I was upgraded to a one bedroom suite. This time I wasn’t acknowledged as a loyalty guest at all. Not a problem, just an observation.

I stayed in what I believe was called an extended king studio suite. It was a nice design, and worked quite well for a single guest. The room had a single comfortable chair and ottoman, desk and a desk chair. The little kitchenette worked fine for a short stay, but the mini-fridge would be an issue if I was there for a longer time. The room was clean, and other than one of the TV remotes not working, everything was in good order. There is an ice machine for guests on the 4th floor which I don’t always see at Staybridge properties. It’s a nice touch for short-term guests. Internet in the room was decent and there were plenty of TV channels for evening surfing. The breakfasts and evening socials on both days were very nice, and the food was plentiful and fresh.

All the staff I encountered were pleasant, but many spoke only Spanish so I was glad that I remembered some of my high-school lessons! I’ll brush up and be much better prepared on my next trip.

The only real complaint I have about this property is the fact that there are no electrical outlets near the bed. Many travelers have lots of electronic gizmos and use phones as alarm clocks. We like to charge our devices overnight. The lamp on the desk has electrical outlets built in – so why can the same style lamps be placed next to the beds? It would be an easy fix and would certainly make a lot of us happy.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay. I recommend the Laredo Staybridge, and I will be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Everything you need plus friendly service and a happy hour with free beer!

I travel all over the world, 81+ countries, multiple times, and this is one of my favorites. Being a blue collar guy in a white collar hotel world it is nice to stay in a hotel nice enough for white collar but down to earth like a blue collar hotel.

Pros -
Gym
Pool/hot tub
happy hour three or four days a week
free shuttle
kitchenette
breakfast

cons.... hmmm
none so far

Will stay again if I'm ever in Laredo again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Super nice staff, went out of their way to help any way they could. It is a great place to stay, really clean nice size rooms with a 40 inch samsung tv in mine. They have a shuttle bus to pick up and drop off. (Especially nice if you fly in and have no trans. of your own) Free breakfast and dinner most nights along with a social gathering in the evenings. I cant say enough about what a great place it was for me and my wife. I was lucky to find such a great spot my first time in town. Other places in town may or may not be as nice but Ill prob never know. Thanks to all the staff there.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

First of all the sales director (Ana) was a beautiful, highly educated, and very accomidating woman for myself and my group! She helped organize, manage and met ALL requests that we asked. Even arrainged travel for us to all the shops and resturants that we planned for excursions from our long buisiness meeting. Hilda (manager) was a delight and very informative about all the things and places that interested us in Laredo (Hell). The rooms were much more than we expected for Laredo (Hell). The food was ok and drinks in the afternoon helped us come down from having to deal with the Laredo folk, who happen to be the most ignorant and lazy people that we have ever dealt with in our entire lives. Chelsea at the front desk seemed to be over worked but did an amazing job of keeping everyone happy. The hotel is definitly an oasis of comfort and pleasure that seemed to be our refuge from all of the rest of the inhabitants of this god awefull city.

Victoria, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Nice little hotel. Majority of the staff are very nice & helpful. Good location, well, as good as can be for Laredo. They have a beer/wine/food gathering Tuesday-Thursday from 5:30-7:30, nothing fancy but nice. Have stayed here many times in last 2.5 months and will return.

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

The Staybridge Suites was a very good hotel. The staff at the front desk (Hilda and Chelsea) were very helpful throughout my stay. The rooms were clean and I found the environment to be quiet. The breakfast was adequate and provided a little nourishment for a good morning start. This was my first stay at a Staybridge Suites and I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Staybridge Suites Laredo? Share your experiences!