“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Laredo
Victoria, TX
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Nice little hotel. Majority of the staff are very nice & helpful. Good location, well, as good as can be for Laredo. They have a beer/wine/food gathering Tuesday-Thursday from 5:30-7:30, nothing fancy but nice. Have stayed here many times in last 2.5 months and will return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

The Staybridge Suites was a very good hotel. The staff at the front desk (Hilda and Chelsea) were very helpful throughout my stay. The rooms were clean and I found the environment to be quiet. The breakfast was adequate and provided a little nourishment for a good morning start. This was my first stay at a Staybridge Suites and I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Work brought me here with many of my other colleagues. I was happy that the hotel was located in a newer more developed area.

After my program I checked into the busy hotel with about 10 people ahead of me. I was amazed that there was only 1 person checking everyone in. The front desk young lady worked hard to calm nerves and get everyone in.

When I opened the door to my room, the first thought was.... this must have been some other hotel first that was converted in a Staybridge Suites. Why? Because the other Staybridge Suites hotels that Ive stayed at have been up-to-date and modern. This Laredo hotel just appeared sad and dated. The cost was decent but I was missing the nice new comfortable modern quality that I'm accustomed to with Staybridge.

I do hope that they will consider updating this hotel and putting in a pool and hot tub if it doesn't have one already. I was happy that the hotel was located near the Laredo Arena and TX A&M University-International and other great restaurants. The front desk staff were helpful and professional and awesome too bad the quality of the hotel itself wasn't.

Room Tip: This is big hotel and so take that in mind when parking or bringing any amount of luggage. Nearby i...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

The people who work here are very nice and prompt. But the food, while included in the room rate, left a lot to be desired.

When I checked-in, it was happy hour, so I strolled over to see what the offerings were. I saw this tray of very black "something" and stepped closer to make it out and it was about 50 burger patties that were blackened. As in really, really burnt. I'd never seen anything like it before.

But the majority of the clientle, who appear to be oil rig workers, devoured the burgers and what appeared to be undercooked bratwursts. And for drinkers, of which there were many, free beer is provided.

The offshoot of that is there were several guys out by the pool who were making many roundtrips to the bar, and then talking loudly past 11pm. So when checking in be sure to ask for a room that's not near, or overlooking the pool area.

The cookies were good however. Hard to go wrong with that. But I would have thought the same for cooking hamburgers.

Breakfast was cold scrambled eggs (at least they were dry and not wet/runny). The french toast was cold. But the bacon was good. Do not drink the "orange juice." It was BAD. The worse I've probably ever had in a restaurant. It had an orange tinge to it and that's the closest it came to orange juice. Very watered down and undrinkable.

Room was clean, but the desk chair was broken (room 224). You'd lift it up using the lever on the right side of the chair, and it would slowly sink to the ground.

Walls were thin too, so if you have noisy neighbors it's going to be a long night.

While it's only about 5 minutes from the airport, you'd be better off at the Embassy Suites.

Room Tip: Avoid a room near or overlooking the pool. The guys hang out at night drinking and talking loudly.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The hotel is super easy to get to. Clean...surroundings are not nearly as shady as I thought they would be. Chelsi at the front desk is AWESOME!!!! I was given a smoking room but I did not request a smoking room and CAN NOT stand the smell. Everything else was sold out. I had just driven in from Corpus Christi and did not want to deal with finding a room. She called around to try to find a room for me. When that didn't work, she upgraded me to a delux suite for the same price. She is GREAT.

The only reason I did not give the place a 5 is because they lost a box my company shipped to the hotel for me.

I will update when I visit the fitness room and have dinner.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
San Antres Island, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Love the clean and quiet atmosphere and food. The staff is very friendly and kind. The rooms are much larger than other hotels.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Central Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I had a great stay here and there are so many great things to say about this place.
One is that our room had a kitchenette which included a 2-burner stove top, microwave, mini-fridge, sink with disposal and even a dish washer. The kitchen cabinets were also stocked with plates, pots, utensils, even dish cloths! I liked that we were able to prepare snacks without spending too much extra money going out.
The room itself also felt very clean. I have gone to other hotels where the floor/carpet felt dirty and grimy and have found things like dental floss or sunflower seeds in a corner. Not so here, this place looked clean and felt it too. True, they don't clean the rooms on weekends and they only do light cleanings on weekdays, but I always opt out of those services anyway since I keep the room clean myself and I prefer the privacy.
The bed, pillows, and bedding were all comfortable. I am usually cold in hotel rooms and find that the covers aren't heavy enough but these were just right. The room also had a nice layout with the bathroom by the entrance, then the kitchenette and office desk as well as an armchair and a tv, then the bed area with another television. The air conditioner can be a bit loud but the flip side is that it is easy to keep a comfortable temperature.
Since it was Laredo in the summertime I found there to be ample bright light in the room during the daylight, sometimes a bit too much.
I also loved that the hotel was generally quiet. The walls must be really thick or have great noise insulation. I hear doors slam shut because they are heavy but other than that I didn't hear our neighbor's television or shower or any of that type of noise. That helps the room feel very private as well and since the AC is loud I can turn the TV up and not worry about being too loud.
I was also impressed that M-Th they have food (actual food, not snacks) and drinks in the lobby. On the day we arrived they had a baked potato bar and salad bar, as well as soft drinks, coffee and wines. Lots of guests were enjoying it, the food area looked clean and the food itself looked really good.
The location is kind of on the edge of a freeway and there are few restaurants close by but Laredo is very easy to get around in and more restaurants, shopping, and grocery stores are all a very short ride away.
I would absolutely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Staybridge Suites Laredo? Share your experiences!