“Service is a 5!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 35 hotels in Laredo
Houston
“Service is a 5!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The hotel is super easy to get to. Clean...surroundings are not nearly as shady as I thought they would be. Chelsi at the front desk is AWESOME!!!! I was given a smoking room but I did not request a smoking room and CAN NOT stand the smell. Everything else was sold out. I had just driven in from Corpus Christi and did not want to deal with finding a room. She called around to try to find a room for me. When that didn't work, she upgraded me to a delux suite for the same price. She is GREAT.

The only reason I did not give the place a 5 is because they lost a box my company shipped to the hotel for me.

I will update when I visit the fitness room and have dinner.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
San Antres Island, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Love the clean and quiet atmosphere and food. The staff is very friendly and kind. The rooms are much larger than other hotels.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Central Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I had a great stay here and there are so many great things to say about this place.
One is that our room had a kitchenette which included a 2-burner stove top, microwave, mini-fridge, sink with disposal and even a dish washer. The kitchen cabinets were also stocked with plates, pots, utensils, even dish cloths! I liked that we were able to prepare snacks without spending too much extra money going out.
The room itself also felt very clean. I have gone to other hotels where the floor/carpet felt dirty and grimy and have found things like dental floss or sunflower seeds in a corner. Not so here, this place looked clean and felt it too. True, they don't clean the rooms on weekends and they only do light cleanings on weekdays, but I always opt out of those services anyway since I keep the room clean myself and I prefer the privacy.
The bed, pillows, and bedding were all comfortable. I am usually cold in hotel rooms and find that the covers aren't heavy enough but these were just right. The room also had a nice layout with the bathroom by the entrance, then the kitchenette and office desk as well as an armchair and a tv, then the bed area with another television. The air conditioner can be a bit loud but the flip side is that it is easy to keep a comfortable temperature.
Since it was Laredo in the summertime I found there to be ample bright light in the room during the daylight, sometimes a bit too much.
I also loved that the hotel was generally quiet. The walls must be really thick or have great noise insulation. I hear doors slam shut because they are heavy but other than that I didn't hear our neighbor's television or shower or any of that type of noise. That helps the room feel very private as well and since the AC is loud I can turn the TV up and not worry about being too loud.
I was also impressed that M-Th they have food (actual food, not snacks) and drinks in the lobby. On the day we arrived they had a baked potato bar and salad bar, as well as soft drinks, coffee and wines. Lots of guests were enjoying it, the food area looked clean and the food itself looked really good.
The location is kind of on the edge of a freeway and there are few restaurants close by but Laredo is very easy to get around in and more restaurants, shopping, and grocery stores are all a very short ride away.
I would absolutely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Cloud, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

The hotel is wonderful but the people who work there are even better. We had stayed there for 8 days while we worked though the legal part of adoptioning our daughter. The people there helped us in every way. We needed a great deal and boom! We needed a private place to sign paperwork and they provided their meeting room with ice water, cups, tables and chairs. Everything. Soon after that we needed a crib and it was done immediately.
Everyday the free breakfast was tasty and the help was friendly. We used the pool, grill, exercise room and common areas and loved it all. The hotel is clean and very comfortable. I would only make a couple of suggestions to the hotel. 1. Use some softener for the towels. 2. Set up a recycling program.
If we are ever back in the area we will definitely stay again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Cecy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

This hotel is always clean I have been here before and they never let me down. Staff always friendly and they even remembered my kids and my name. Breakfast was great a lot to chose from and we even had dinner for free...my kids love the outdoor pool and I love the SB bed. I will recommend this hotel by the way the location is the best since I felt safe at all times. Thanks Staybridge Staff for your warm hospitality.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

Newer hotel. It was very clean. The help at the desk went above and beyond expectations. The ittle store wasn't stocked very well.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
San Miguel de Allende
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

We like to stay in either Residence Inns or Staybridge Suites on our twice annual drives across the country because they are consistently pleasant, clean and nicely designed. The ONLY positive thing we can say about this SB is that the staff were friendly and helpful. The room design was peculiar and dark to say the least, lights didn't work, clock either, tiny fridge, tiny sink, no lighting on the desk, one chair, no usual sofa, to use to watch TV, bathroom sink cracked, faucets corroded, the hair dryer popped and crackled like it was going to explode so couldn't use, no kitchen lighting other than small strip above small sink, and, although we had made the reservation in advance, the room wasn't ready until 5:30PM...not good after a long day of travel. Hard to believe that this is part of the SB chain since it was expensive, $142. plus tax, (studio with 2 queen beds) and nothing like the previous 5 nights of SB visits. The fact that we had to drive five miles back into Laredo proper to find a restaurant put the icing on the cake!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Staybridge Suites Laredo? Share your experiences!