“Quiet location, Internet fine, good breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Laredo
Canada
“Quiet location, Internet fine, good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Of the 4 Best Westerns that we stayed in on this trip, this was the best one. Good rooms, internet worked and the breakfast was good as well. No complaints.

Room Tip: Ground floor so one can unload luggage quickly to the room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Alice, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Had a free night stay so i stayed here. Absolutely a great place. Room had a king size bed and bathroom had a little more room than most ive stayed at. Nice pool and exercise room. This place is clean inside and out. Could see housekeeping and maintenance working. Some rooms are lobby access and some are outside access. Quiet place even though there were quite a few people staying. I will stay here again. Great staff at front desk too.

Room Tip: I always like to choose a room that you can access from the lobby.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

It's a hotel worth its price but the bad experience was that, at the desk, they told me the room's price and, when I was given the letter to sign it I didn't realize it was $10 more than I was told. I realize about it until next day because at that time I was exhausted from driving 15 hours straight.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Guanajuato, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

A great to place to stay while passing through Laredo. The Beast Western gave us a large room that was quiet and comfortable. We saw the gym, but didn't use it and the pool looked inviting but we were too tired to swim. Hotel staff were pleasant and we enjoyed the breakfast bar in the morning! This hotel is near the airport and convention center so not in the middle of the shopping zone.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Northwest Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

I stayed at this hotel November 4th thru 6th. I was worried because even tho I was meeting my brother & mom in Laredo they did not stay at this hotel and I know there has been so much trouble in Laredo. Anyway, I had room 113, huge room, clean! Huge bathroom with granite counter, plenty of extra shampoo, lotion, soap. I also noticed that the shower mat was sealed in a plastic bag for cleanliness. I had a king size bed, 4 pillows and other pillow in the closet, along with a huge blanket (which were also sealed in plastic for cleanliness). Nice size closet, desk, two chairs and even a recliner! The staff kept my room clean. The fitness room was across the hall which I did use, treadmill, bike, elpitical, bow flex. The hotel offered a breakfast every morning, eggs, biscuits, cereal, yogart, fruit and if you wanted waffles, pancakes all you had to do was ask. The front staff was excellent! Behind the front desk was a room that had items such as pop, nuts, candy, water etc for sale. And it was cheap! The hotel was located in newer Laredo, nothing right there, but head north one block, (to McPhearson) turn right and there is so much there! That part of town looked alot safer than where my mom & brother stayed, and I found out they paid the exact same price for their room as I did! Even they were jealous! My husband & I are planning a trip to San Antonio next year and will travel to Laredo for a day and will stay here for the night. My family is originally from Laredo and my husband would like to see it, so I know this will be the hotel that we will be at,.
During this trip I also stayed at the Best Western Sunset in San Antonio for one night, so be sure to read that review!

Room Tip: Huge room, join Best Western rewards program to get upgrades
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

I went to Laredo for birding (obsessive serious bird watching. I am a geek, what can I say?) I had read the reviews and looked forward to seeing the hotel. I noticed a number of teenagers hanging out in the lobby when I checked in. An elderly gentleman was checking in before me. He was a bit crabby, fussing about the rate not being what he normally gets. The desk clerk was very polite and got him the same rate he had had in the past. He also demanded a room in the back left corner. I blew it off, thinking he was being over particular. My room was downstairs at the end of the hall near the lobby, facing outwards.
I was very pleased with the quality of the room. It was quite large. The desk area was great. I wanted to take the chair home with me. The bed was nice; it had a great flat screen tv. The bathroom was beautiful. It was a step above any other Best Western I have stayed at in the United States. So far, so good. Unfortunately the quality of the guests did not match the room. People were talking in the hall way loudly, opening and shutting doors until at least midnight. The traffic noise from the road was bad. There were also people walking outside by my window talking.
When I got up I went for breakfast. It was EXCELLENT! One of the best complimentary breakfasts I have ever had at an American hotel. The eggs were beautifully done. There was gorgeous fresh fruit. They had REAL oatmeal, not instant. Very nice! The staff kept the room neat and clean and well stocked.
I would recommend this hotel, but ask for a room in the back. I talked to some other birders that morning who had stayed in other hotels in town and all of them had the same experience with noise, in what ever hotel they were in. I am wondering if there was some kind of high school sporting event that brought in a lot of kids, causing more than average noise.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2009

My wife and I took a trip just for the weekend from Houston just to be with our son for his birthday party. The hotel front desk was great and they had our room ready before check in time (awesome after a 6 hr. trip). The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The employees were very polite and professional. The hotel had law enforcement (dps & deputies) staying there so security was great. The breakfast was so good, I couldn't not believe they actually serve a real mexican breakfast. Checkout was fast and pleasant. No doubt I would stay there again. Access to the highway was fast and easy.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN San Isidro Inn? Share your experiences!