“Extended Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rialto Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Laredo
Rialto Hotel
1219 Matamoros Street, Laredo, TX 78040   |
Special Rate
Special Summer Rates!
Ranked #25 of 35 hotels in Laredo
Edinburg, Texas, United States
“Extended Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I have lived at The Rialto Hotel for over three years. It's safe, clean and feels like you stepped into the past with modern twists, like internet and cable. I am on a first name basis with owners and the people who work here. Consequently, they go out of their way to make your stay here pleasant. I enjoy a beautiful view from the fourth floor to the park and the post office. The has the covenience of an HEB not more than a block away and few restaurants and bars close by. What can I say, you are in the heart of the downtown area. I'm lucky to stay here

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the west side!!!! You will enjoy the view!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

7 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
McAlester, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

I stayed in this hotel on nov 25. First thing to find out was that the elevator was broke and I was assigned a room in the 5th floor. I had to carry my big heavy suit case all the way up there. Getting there I saw how poorly maintained the hallways, floors, windows and what not are troughout the hotel. There are several places were you could see broken windows taped out to keep the broken parts to fall off. The floor Definitively needs to be redone. As I opened my room I realized that the carpet was dirty. It is in serious need to be cleaned. It had grease spots (The type you see on a carpet that has not been washed in ages). The sink water thing would not fully close, and hence was droping water all troughout the night. The furniture its old as is the TV. No tv Control. And a feeling of having a lot of moisture.
It had all and not pretty what so ever windows.
Okey I really dont want to complain any more, but for the price that I paid ( 70 bucks) I really expected way more out of this hotel. I could have easily stayed at La quinta or a Motel 8 or 6 for that price and would have had a much pleasant experience.
Overall. Great Midtown location. But the rooms and hotel inside its horrible.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Mexico City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

This is the third time we stayed in Rialto Hotel, in Laredo, Texas. The boutique atmosphere is excellent. The staff is bilingual, kind and always with a disposition to help. The location (half a mile from the Rio Grande) is very convenient: stores and restaurants are very at hand, and the municipal bus depot is across the street, so you can go to other stores such as the ones in Mall del Norte. My wife is always pleased when we stayed in that hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Cozumel, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2006

I was happy to see this recently renovated property located in a historic building in Laredo's center. In some respects, a very good experience but in many areas it has a ways to go to reach its potential.

My room was adequately furnished but really not what I expected here. One very uncomfortable chair in the room and the fridge and microwave listed when I made my reservation did not exist. One window in room cracked with what appeared to be a bullet hole. Bathroom had a prefab shower, not up to the standard expected here.

Apparently the lobby is very nice when set up as a lobby but while I was there, it had tables set up to accomodate overflow from the restaurant from a weekend special event. Also, in my opinion, the ties with Seattles Best coffee were a bit over hyped with their advertising on almost every item in the hotel, it seems.

A very warm, welcoming staff which quickly made you feel at home. The general manager was very gracious if a bit distracted at times by too many duties. Seems he did everything from restaurant waiter to desk clerk at times. But a very gracious man with a very gracious staff.
All in all , a good experience and a good hotel which I am sure will improve in time. I will return.

• Liked — Charming historic building
  • Disliked — Lack of advertised ammenities and view
  • Tips/Secrets — Try to get a room on a higher floor overlooking the main square
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2006

I just visited Laredo Texas two weeks ago for business trip. I stayed at Rialto Hotel for a couple nights and had wonderful experienced. The hotel personnel were very helpful and friendly. The rooms very clean and unique. The hotel rate was very reasonable for staying downtown. Highly recommended

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pharr, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2006

This hotel is located in the heart of downtown Laredo, TX. The hotel's historic charm provides a peaceful and warm enviornment. Mangement and staff provided great hospitality and great customer service. Their onsite cafe was very cozy and charming as well. We would definitely stay there again and highly recomend it.

Stayed June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2006

Just came back from Laredo & my fiancee' & I stayed at the Rialto. It was a wonderful experience. Much better than staying at any "chain" hotel. The customer service was wonderful, very loving & caring staff. This is a cozy boutique hotel that is great for business travelers or couples looking for something different.

Stayed May 2006

Been to Rialto Hotel? Share your experiences!