“Been staying at this hotel for years... not sure if I would anymore” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Laredo

Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #5 of 35 hotels in Laredo
Monterrey, Mexico
“Been staying at this hotel for years... not sure if I would anymore”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I've always loved the Embassy Suites Hotel, for me is good service and great rooms guaranteed. I visit the city of Laredo quite often and have always stayed at this hotel. The staff was always friendly and the rooms were perfect. Well, I'm very sorry to say, that has changed since my last visit in December 2013.

At arrival, they set me and my family in room 221 before check in time (as usual, they are flexible about that). We opened the room door and there was a strange mat on the carpet. A maintenance guy came to us and asked if that was our room, we say yes, then he said he was going to do some carpet work to clean a stain that was covered by the misterous mat.

We've already had all our bags inside the room so we were going to ask the guy if we can stay in the room, nevermind the stain. Then he picked up the mat and there it was: Oh my god! A big, strong red colored stain that instantly transformed my room in a crime scene. No, definitely we can't stay in room 221 and we (adults and kids) rushed out of it.

So we asked for a room change. My wife rang the front desk on the phone, no problem thay said. They left us waiting on the hall (with all our bags and the little kids) for 10 minutes, then a man named Jesus arrived. He said that our new room was 421... "it's the same room but two stories up" he literally said. But then I saw than the keycard's envelope said "406", so I asked Jesus: "Are you sure is room 421? Here it says 406", I asked. He just said: "then that must be the room". He didn't said "sorry" or "let me check"... we went to the 4th. floor and yes, the right room was 406.

Our new room also had noticeable stains on the carpet, but they weren't as shocking as the ones in the other room so we decided to stay in this room.

Later I rang the front desk to ask for towels, and it took them more than 40 minutes to bring them to our room. At the evening (around 8 or 9 p.m.) I called again to ask for 3 more pillows. 30 minutes later I called and asked again, then another 30 minutes later, a guy knocked our door (quite desesperately) and brought 2 pillows instead of 3. I said that I've asked for 3 pillows, not 2, he clearly did not liked it but brought me another pillow around 15 minutes later.

Also, the bathroom floor had water on it, and I never figured out where it came from.

Well, my experience with the Embassy Suites Laredo was the worst ever. Before this visit, if you asked me which was the best hotel I would have said this one, but not anymore.

The drop in the service quality is quite dissapointing. The only thing that is still great is the breakfast buffet (and it's service). Next time I visit Laredo, I will be staying in another hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

157 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dallas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel with excellent rooms. However, the Manager's Reception is the worst I have ever experienced at an Embassy Suites in Texas. Hopefully, the location of the alcohol out of a small window in the kitchen will change.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

4th stay at this property. Very good value for price. Very clean, very safe area, very good breakfast buffet and hospitality reception. Staff is very attentive. Very convenient to restaurants, pharmacy and shopping center. Bar and resaurant area decore very clean, not at all tacky. Would not hesitat to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

MONTERREY, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I enjoy going this Hotel every time. I will stay again with no doubt. Happy hour is a plus which we also like a lot. Rooms are really clean, comfortable, big, love pillows, great location, big parking lot.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

San Antonio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Overall satisfied with service provided and quality. the food was somewhat cold, not warm enough and the staff at the breakfast bar were not very attentive to the food items that were running scarce. also the staff were not attentive of the number of guests staying in room and did not have enough towels for all of us, when asked for additional items the staff had us wait for the towels until someone delivered them to the room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We spent two nights at the Embassy Suites while visiting family in the hospital. The facility is very nice and all the staff we encountered were polite and helpful. I noticed that one of their two elevators was not operating and it would have shortened our waits but it was not a critical issue.

The room was extremely comfortable and well appointed. The black out drapes worked very well. One night there was noise from the lobby echoing in the open atrium. We could hear it in the front room but once we went to the separate bedroom there was no noise at all.

I was very pleased with the value for the money.For $134 per night, in addition to a very nice suite, we got free wifi in the room, a free business center with free internet access and printing, free breakfast and happy hour, free bottles of water and an indoor pool.

The breakfast is a full buffet with many choices but I was somewhat disappointed in the quality of the food. It seemed that much of it had been sitting out for a long time. The made to order station made up for the other food, however. I want to know how the got their bacon so nice and crisp!

I was also very annoyed by the coffee cups, of all things. They are very small and once I filled my cup to a normal level I still lost more than half of the coffee to a very rocky and unstable table. A deeper cup would be very helpful! Stable tables would help too!

The location of the hotel is very nice. It is behind the Mall del Norte but still an easy jaunt to the major freeway. There are plenty of dining options nearby and there is a popular steakhouse in the hotel itself.

On the whole I was very pleased with Embassy Suites. We will stay there again. Maybe I'll bring my own cup...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
San Antonio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have stayed at many Hilton properties. As far as Embassy Suites hotels go, this hotel is very consistent with all of the other hotels that I have stayed at. I have stayed at this particular hotel many times and I will continue to stay there when I am in Laredo. The hotel is very nice, conveniently located and the staff is very focused on their guests.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Been to Embassy Suites Laredo? Share your experiences!