“AWESOME...Much, much more than I (we) expected....” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
15% off July Weekends
Ranked #3 of 35 hotels in Laredo
League City-Houston, Texas
“AWESOME...Much, much more than I (we) expected....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2007

First, let me start by acknowleding the fact that Laredo is not Las Vegas...or Los Angeles...or Houston for that matter. With this out of the way, I was born in Laredo and visited my relatives every summer after moving away. Fast forward 20+ yrs, I return with wife and child for a funeral. Wife is very skeptical about coming, in light of all the violence that is reported in Nuevo Laredo and fearing for the safety of our child. I tried to find a hotel that is "nice" and ran into the Residence Inn website. Looked nice on the pics, but we all know pictures dont always tell the whole story. Well, in this case, they didn't tell the whole story either. They left out the FANTASTIC staff! The very, very clean hotel! The super clean and modern rooms!!! This was a hell of a find!!! Right next door is a very upscale looking Chinese restaurant. Also, you are on the freeway which puts you minutes from everything. Everything!! We got on the freeway, u-turned and were at the International Bridge in less than 10 minutes. Very cool. The big mall there, Mall DelNorte, is 2 minutes from the hotel. Needless to say, wife and kid had a great time (aside from our reason for being there). Little story to emphasize my point about the staff...I called down to the front desk to ask about a local Ticketmaster (we needed to buy tix for an event in Houston). The front desk person, Maria, thought there was a Ticketmaster in Dillards or Macy's. Anyhow, 2 minutes later she called up to our room to let us know that she called Macy's and they did have a ticketmaster that opened at 10:00. I'm just not used to that kind of personal customer attention.
I know that sometimes when I look at these reviews I like to find out what's near the hotel. Well, aside from the mall which has everything, we had breakfast at Denny's (there is a free breakfast at the hotel), and a heck of dinner at Outback Steakhouse (all on the Southbound feeder). Oh yeah....all this for 89$/night! We robbed them blind. Enjoy, we did.

Stayed January 2007

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2006

It was wonderful! I had never stayed there, but the rooms are very big, like a studio suite with a fully equipped kitchen, after a full day of shopping it is great to come in here and relax with some tidbits from the supermarket rather than sitting in a restaurant.
Would definetely stay again.

• Liked — The fully equipped kitchen and spave
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Laredo Del Mar? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Residence Inn by Marriott Laredo Del Mar

Address: 310 Lost Oaks Blvd, Laredo, TX 78041
Location: United States > Texas > Laredo
#2 Family Hotel in Laredo
#5 Business Hotel in Laredo
Hotel Class:3 star — Residence Inn by Marriott Laredo Del Mar 3*
Marriott's only upscale, all-suite hotel in Laredo is ideal for business, pleasure & extended stay. Great location off I-35, nearby Mall del Norte, Laredo Airport, TAMIU and the Laredo Energy Arena.Suites are 50% larger than a regular hotel room and include fully-equipped kitchens with a full size fridge, free Wi-Fi and wired internet, and flat-screen TVs. Start your day with a free hot breakfast buffet including scrambled eggs, cereal, waffles, baked goods and fresh fruits each morning during your stay. Enjoy a complimentary dinner with free beer, wine and soft drinks at the manager's receptions held Mon-Thurs. Unwind in the outdoor pool and whirlpool, enjoy the on-site gym and the free VIP access to the local Gold's Gym and bring your pet (additional fees apply).Getting around is easy with the free Laredo hotel shuttle anywhere within a five miles. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Marriott, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Laredo Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Residence Inn Laredo
Laredo Residence Inn

If you own or manage Residence Inn by Marriott Laredo Del Mar, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.