“Large suites, great service and awesome breakfast/dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Laredo
San Antonio, Texas
“Large suites, great service and awesome breakfast/dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

The Residence Inn is hands down my #1 hotel in Laredo. The staff is super friendly, the suites are a lot larger than a regular hotel room and always very clean.
They even come with a kitchen and a big fridge so I can cook whenever I feel like it. I love the breakfast buffet and the full blown dinner meal they serve...you even get free beer, wine and cocktails with it and it definitely helped me wind down after long days.
This hotel gets 2 thumps up and 5 stars from me and I will be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
McAllen, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I had tried booking the SpringHill Suites, but chose this location as an alternate and was surprised with the quality of the hotel. I initially had some trouble with the checkin process and my reservation, but the problem was promptly fixed, and the staff was nice and apologetic. The rooms were spacious and my king suite had a small kitchen with nice bar and sitting area. The furnishings although not ultra modern, were all in great condition and the room was very clean. The breakfast and evening food service was surprisingly good, and the food quality was better than that of the Staybridge Suites or Springhill Suites where I had frequented before. I will return to Residence Inn when back in Laredo on business.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Monterrey, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We went to Laredo for shopping, we stay for just saturday night, next morning after taking a shower next to night table I saw a bug, I took a tissue and squeeze it, I found it was a bugbed then I woke up my wife, my two years old and told them to get up. Then I ask my friends who were sleeping on the sofabed to get up because there was bedbugs. we search for more on beds and I found another two, and one on the ceiling. I complain at front desk and they made me a 15 USD discount. Now I think it twice I should ask for a refund of all rate. I booked at this hotel because we have stayed there before. Service at front desk and dinner area was excellent. However, I will not comeback there never.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
gpere119, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Laredo Del Mar, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had during your stay. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and promise the situation has been addressed. I would love to have the opportunity to discuss this matter with you to ensure we have resolved the issues you experienced to your satisfaction. I can be reached at 956-753-9700 Extension 505.

With Hospitality,

Gino Perez
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Best value in the extended stay category. Immaculate, well run property. Clean, well-appointed, comfortable rooms. Hood breakfadt. Responsive staff. Have stayed at most other middle class and ipperidfle clasd hotels in the area. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2012
Hamburg, Deutschland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed at the Residence Inn Laredo for 10 nights. The hotel staff is extremely friendly and helpful.
The rooms are very comfortable and spacious. A full kitchen with big fridge, freezer, cooking area and washdisher is also included.
The rooms are generally very clean.
The bed is big and the matress is very soft. If you are used to hard matresses it might be a small issue, but I guess you won't find any less soft matress anywhere in the US.

The only thing that was a bit annoying was the loud noise of the aircondition in the room and even outside the room. I could still hear some noises from ventilation shafts outside the hotel if the aircon was switched off. Also the fridge can become quite noisy during night time if you try to sleep.

Another annoying thing was the terrible slow internet speed during evening times. Between 7 - 11 PM I had real problems to access the www - it took 2 minutes to load the google website.

The breakfast was ok. Don't expect a choice thousand different bread types and fruits like you get it in an Asian 4-5 star hotels, but for an American hotel it was good.

I would come back if the city wouldn't be that boring and some sights would be around within the next 2h drive ;-)

Tip: if you need to connect to your VPN, you might get problems in the first and fourth floor. At the second floor everything worked fine.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
gpere119, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Laredo Del Mar, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We are very fortunate to have so many great reviews here on TripAdvisor and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. Please accept my sincere apologies for some of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I want to assure you that your comments have been shared with our Chief Engineer and Network Administrator and corrective steps have been taken, as a result of your review, to ensure no further recurrence. I would like to express my appreciation for the feedback such as you have provided is of great value to us. An opportunity for us to insure and improve the quality of service we offer future guests and it is my sincere hope that you will be among them. Thanks Again. Gino Perez, General Manager.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I went to Laredo on business and not until I arrived did I realize it would be a two-day meeting. I drove to the Residence Inn during a break and luckily, they had a room. The lady at the check-in desk was incredibly friendly. As I reached my room, I had a hard time opening the door. There was a maintenance man nearby and he helped me immediately.

The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. I slept soundly that night and woke up early the next morning to prepare for my day. As I was in the kitchen, I could hear employees talking right outside my door. They were there for quite awhile but they didn't bother me since I was already up. If I had been sleeping on the couch though, they would have woken me up. I think there work area might have been right outside my room, but I'm not sure. My room was 125. FYI, in case you want to sleep in and are a light sleeper. Like I said, it didn't bother me because I was already awake.

I checked out the next day and drove about 3 miles away before I realized I had left my phone charger in the room. I had to wait 3 hours until my meeting was finished before I could go back to the hotel. The same woman was behind the desk. I told her I thought I had left my charger in the room. She gave me a key to go and check and it was there.

Everyone I encountered at this hotel was incredibly friendly. I didn't get a chance to eat breakfast or the dinner they offer, nor did I use the pool or workout area. I enjoyed my stay so much that when I found out I needed to go back to Laredo this week, I immediately booked a room here.

Room Tip: Room 125 is a bit noisy. It's near the back entrance and I think it might be near the employees...