“Extremely friendly hotel staff, nice spacious rooms” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   310 Lost Oaks Blvd, Laredo, TX 78041   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 35 hotels in Laredo
Hamburg, Deutschland
“Extremely friendly hotel staff, nice spacious rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed at the Residence Inn Laredo for 10 nights. The hotel staff is extremely friendly and helpful.
The rooms are very comfortable and spacious. A full kitchen with big fridge, freezer, cooking area and washdisher is also included.
The rooms are generally very clean.
The bed is big and the matress is very soft. If you are used to hard matresses it might be a small issue, but I guess you won't find any less soft matress anywhere in the US.

The only thing that was a bit annoying was the loud noise of the aircondition in the room and even outside the room. I could still hear some noises from ventilation shafts outside the hotel if the aircon was switched off. Also the fridge can become quite noisy during night time if you try to sleep.

Another annoying thing was the terrible slow internet speed during evening times. Between 7 - 11 PM I had real problems to access the www - it took 2 minutes to load the google website.

The breakfast was ok. Don't expect a choice thousand different bread types and fruits like you get it in an Asian 4-5 star hotels, but for an American hotel it was good.

I would come back if the city wouldn't be that boring and some sights would be around within the next 2h drive ;-)

Tip: if you need to connect to your VPN, you might get problems in the first and fourth floor. At the second floor everything worked fine.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
gpere119, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Laredo Del Mar, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We are very fortunate to have so many great reviews here on TripAdvisor and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. Please accept my sincere apologies for some of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I want to assure you that your comments have been shared with our Chief Engineer and Network Administrator and corrective steps have been taken, as a result of your review, to ensure no further recurrence. I would like to express my appreciation for the feedback such as you have provided is of great value to us. An opportunity for us to insure and improve the quality of service we offer future guests and it is my sincere hope that you will be among them. Thanks Again. Gino Perez, General Manager.

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I went to Laredo on business and not until I arrived did I realize it would be a two-day meeting. I drove to the Residence Inn during a break and luckily, they had a room. The lady at the check-in desk was incredibly friendly. As I reached my room, I had a hard time opening the door. There was a maintenance man nearby and he helped me immediately.

The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. I slept soundly that night and woke up early the next morning to prepare for my day. As I was in the kitchen, I could hear employees talking right outside my door. They were there for quite awhile but they didn't bother me since I was already up. If I had been sleeping on the couch though, they would have woken me up. I think there work area might have been right outside my room, but I'm not sure. My room was 125. FYI, in case you want to sleep in and are a light sleeper. Like I said, it didn't bother me because I was already awake.

I checked out the next day and drove about 3 miles away before I realized I had left my phone charger in the room. I had to wait 3 hours until my meeting was finished before I could go back to the hotel. The same woman was behind the desk. I told her I thought I had left my charger in the room. She gave me a key to go and check and it was there.

Everyone I encountered at this hotel was incredibly friendly. I didn't get a chance to eat breakfast or the dinner they offer, nor did I use the pool or workout area. I enjoyed my stay so much that when I found out I needed to go back to Laredo this week, I immediately booked a room here.

Room Tip: Room 125 is a bit noisy. It's near the back entrance and I think it might be near the employees...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Hotel was a bit dated, but good overall. Complimentary breakfast was good. As with most residence inns, complimentary dinner was available Monday - Thursday. I had it one night and was impressed. I personally didn't have any problems, but saw two people either complaining or checking out early in a 15 minute span due to problems they were having. Small exercise room, but they offer free entrance to Golds Gym. Pool is available as well.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Spicewood, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

This is my new favorite Laredo hotel. I like a hotel that reflects the best of local ambience instead of settling for "cookie cutter roadside inn". The tasteful Mexican Colonial decor and high beamed ceilings reminded us we were just a mile or so from another country.

The desk clerk who checked us in was incredibly helpful. My husband had cut his finger badly at a gas station north of town, and it was still bleeding. She quickly offered gauze, a bandage, and antiseptic wipe plus the name, address & phone number of a minor emergency clinic should that be needed. Thankfully, the help she supplied was enough.

The breakfast, both Sunday and Monday, offered a broad selection of quality items. Our bedroom suite had a TV in each room, so one of us could stay up and not disturb the other. That was a plus, because I had paperwork to do until late. We didn't use the pool or exercise equipment this trip, but both looked inviting.

There is no portico for vehicles, so the hotel needs a small lighted sign at the driveway entrance pointing to the lobby, and another in front of the lobby. We parked near the entrance and then had to get back in the car to drive farther to the lobby. Hiding the lobby is not a good idea. Still, we'll be back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Bedford, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

I love Residence Inn and after so many poor experiences in other hotels I'll stick with them just because it's consistently roomy and accommodating. The staff was great, breakfast AND dinner are complimentary (they were serving pork chops tonight), and the room is the same great setup I've come to love. That being said, the exercise room left a lot to be desired (1 broken cycle, 1 really loud treadmill, 1 working treadmill, a working stair-stepper, and a few dumbbells). In the room, the ice tray was dirty when I arrived. Other than that it's a great hotel and I will honestly continue to stay there, because I like a hotel I can trust.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

I stayed with my familiy at this Hotel our last vacation and it was nice surprise. Ive always been a hilton customer but our favorite hotel was full, so we decided to stay at the Residence Inn and it was really a surprise. The location is excelent, very close to the main shops and good restaurants (try the chinese one in front of the hotel. The rooms are big and clean and they have a very useful kitchen. The breakfast is good quality and I really want to congratulate the chef Martin for his service, he was just awesome!. At our check out he even prepared us some fruits and snacks for the long trip back home.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Myrtle Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

The Residence Inn Laredo is a good hotel for the business traveler. They have reliable wireless internet, good morning breakfast, and a staff of people who are dedicated to helping you. Here are the following things I'd like to see improved:

- Get rid of the FRAC guys! Ok, if you don't know what this means, let me explain. I guess the surrounding Laredo area is booming at the moment with oil so the area is filled with people who work in the oilfields. The Residence Inn is booked with people who work in the oilfield and are commonly known in the Residence Inn as the "FRAC guys". These guys work out in the sun all day with tons of protective gear on in miserable conditions. So, when they get back to the hotel, they generally carry around a case of beer and congregate around the hotel and party like it's 1999. Ok, I'm over exaggerating a bit but it can be annoying. Tonight for example, I've had to call the front desk 2 times about telling them to shut up. It seems after the 2nd time they've mellowed out.

- The hotels needs an updating. The kitchen, pillows, bathroom and etc are beginning to show the effects of being warn down. This hotel is in need of renovation. However, it's plenty stay-able as it is. I wasn't happy with my pancake pillows so I had the front desk bring new ones up and it did the trick.

- The guys who run the breakfast and dinner seem to be a bit strange. I don't know what it is but they come off as they have something against me.

Overall, I would stay at this hotel all day rather than stay at the Spring Hill Suites because I know what I am getting here. At the Spring Hill Suites, everyday it was something different that was annoying me.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Laredo Del Mar? Share your experiences!