“Hotel great; NOISY nightclub neighbor, NOT SO MUCH!” 2 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Laredo Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7220 Bob Bullock Loop, Laredo, TX 78041   |
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Laredo
Austin, TX
“Hotel great; NOISY nightclub neighbor, NOT SO MUCH!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

La Quinta is my go-to hotel when I travel for work, and often fun as well. This hotel is absolutely great ... with one huge exception, over which the hotel has very little control. Staff was great; hotel is new, in newly developed are of town; clean and comfy (as most LQs are). And a wonderful, authentic Mexican restaurant, La Planque, across the parking lot that I highly recommend.

But a little after 1:00 a.m., I was woken by music blasting from the nightclub behind the hotel. After 10 or so minutes, I called the front desk and asked what time it closed. I was told it closes at 2:00 (as expected), and "the police are clearing it out already." Looked out the window, and sure enough, there were flashing lights from 2 or 3 police cars and one either ambulance or paddy wagon in the club parking lot. Music stopped at 2:00, but that was followed by 20 minutes of revving motorcycles, peeling car tires, and screaming people.

This is in a newly developed, very suburban area, so I am really surprised to find this kind of problem! Granted, it was Halloween, but I would imagine this must happen on weekend nights as well. Next time I'm in Laredo, I'll stay across the street at the Holiday Inn Express. If you stay at this LaQuinta, ask for an odd-numbered room, on the side away from Suite 21 night club!

Room Tip: Ask for an odd-numbered room, which are on the side of the hotel away from the nightclub behind the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

There will be nothing said against the Motel it's self because the Greeting at the front Desk was excellent, the room, top notch and conditions were excellent.
Make Reservations were another story. Sometimes making reservations with a Senior's rate is easy. But try to cancel those reservations and make reservations for the next night because if a hick-up in Wednesday's travel plans and get the same rare for the next night. Well, talk about a monkey wrench in the gear train. WOW. You would have thought I had just committed a Cardinal Sin.
Like I said, I don't care how good you are, you're not going to hit a home run every time you go to the plate.

Del Rio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

My wife and myself stated at la quinta on bob bullock loop. Our stay was very nice. Room was clean, and smelled good.In the mornig we went down to get something to eat. We were greeted buy one of your worker. He was very kind with us and everbody that was there. He went out of his way to make sure we had warm tortillas, and he even made us some BBQ tacos. His name was Ricado Barrera. he even intoduced him self to us. He made our stay even better. Keep it up Ricardo.
Thanks Joe Morales
Return visit #w3197788

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Ricardo is outstanding in the morning with breakfast. As a flight crew member we stay at hotels every week, this hotel is one of the best yet. We enjoy the hospitality and dinner offered each evening. The breakfast is great and is nice in the morning.

• Stayed October 2013
Punta de Mita, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed at this lovely property on our way back to our home in Punta de Mita Nayarit Mexico. What we needed was a clean, safe, friendly, and pet friendly property to have a relaxing night in before our long drive back thru Mexico. Our expectations were met and exceeded and I have to say this was the nicest LQ we have ever stayed in! I was personally checked-in by the manager, Magali R. and she was delightful! Friendly and informative and very welcoming. As a travel agent I will be recommending this property to my many clients who make similar trips with pets. Sometimes, you don't always know what to expect at this affordable chain, in Laredo, I can personally say, you will be pleased! As an aside, try El Capazata, in the strip mall in front of the hotel. Wonderful!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Labor Day weekend stay at La Quinta was excellent experience. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were clean and comfortable and the breakfast was delicious. I would recommend to family and friends. It is obvious that this is a well managed hotel that knows how to deliver on customer satisfaction.

Thanks again to the friendly and professional staff we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Laredo Airport? Share your experiences!