“Pride in Action” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 35 hotels in Laredo
Austin, Texas
“Pride in Action”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

All staff, including grounds and facilities maintenance, keep this place looking brand new on a daily basis. The front desk staff, breakfast staff, nightly manager's reception staff, and housekeeping made us feel at home during our stay. The area around the hotel is newly developed and very nice. Great restaurants and shopping within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

106 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed for funeral. Booked discount rate. Told at check in the rate equaled a standard room . Had to pay extra for king suite upgrade. Rooms very clean. Greeted each day by each worker. Got personal door do not disturb placard stolen. Maid entered and cleaned my room with dogs in room. Maid did not know cause do not disturb placard missing. Dogs could have gotten out or bit someone. Dont touch things that dont belong to u when u stay at hotel. But then thats laredo! La quinta got it right. The guests who stole my placard got it wrong.

• Stayed November 2012
Rio Grande Valley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The room was very clean and comfortable. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful. I didn't get the opportunity to eat at the hotel while I was there but the breakfast area looked very nice and clean.

Room Tip: Great location close to Laredo A&M Inernational University.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

All the front desk personnel, manager, eating area, and the maids were kind and all had great personalities. Laredo was a better experience than I thought it would be from what all a person hears. I would definitely recommend staying at this LaQuinta. It has easy access to everything a person would want and is definitely safe.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

austin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Let me start off by saying that I am a frequent traveler and often stay at La Quinta Inns for both business and personal trips, or at least I used to. I am an Elite Rewards member with La Quinta, but after my last three stays at different LQs, I plan to use up my existing points and never use LQ again.

For this review, I will limit my comments specifically to the La Quinta Inns & Suites in Laredo, Tx. My family was attending a wedding in Laredo on July 20 and I made my reservation months in advance. It took me four tries to actually get the reservation made correctly using the special toll free number for Elite members. What seemed to be a simple reservation, 2 rooms, one with 2 Queens and one with a King, evidently was too difficult for the online specialists. Every time they would send the email confirmation, they always got it wrong, even after repeating it back to me on the phone.

When I checked in, the front desk said they did not have any rooms available with 2 Queen beds. I had even confirmed the prior evening that the reservation was correct. They said that they had five rooms that had been booked for one night the previous evening and the guests in those roomds never checked out or removed their luggage. Therefore, the hotel had no option but to allow the overextended guests to continue staying even if it meant taking the room that should have been for me. They offered us a King room with a sofa sleeper to replace the one that should have been 2 Qs. We really did not want to have to sleep on a sofa sleeper for 2 nights, but they offered no other option. The frontdesk person, Jennifer, would little sympathy and even refused to offer any discount for the inconvenience. She finally agreed to at least call the manager later and see if she would agree to comp the room due to their mistake. She called me later and said the manager would give us a 20% discount on both rooms for both nights. I really did not consider this adequate, but agreed to accept the offer anyway because when she called I was at the wedding reception and wasd trying to get over the stress from the ealier event.

However, when we checked out the front desk did not want to give us any discount and said they were not informed of the agreement nor were they authorized to do anything. She said I could call back tomorrow and talk to the manager. After several minutes of discussions, I finally convinced the front desk attendent to call the manager at home. The manager gave her authorization to discount one room for 20% (not both rooms as previously agreed to) and it took them another 15 minutes to correct the bill.

To top it off, the sink was stopped up in one of our rooms the last evening and the front desk said they could do nothing for us. We ended up having to do the plumbing repairs ourselves! These people are not willing to do anything to assist their guests.

I would recommend staying as far away from this hotel as possible. This was absolutely the worst managed LQ hotel in which I have stayed and the staff is uncaring and not helpful at all.

Room Tip: Any other hotel in Laredo except this one.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Laredo Airport? Share your experiences!