“Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Laredo
Rio Grande Valley
“Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The room was very clean and comfortable. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful. I didn't get the opportunity to eat at the hotel while I was there but the breakfast area looked very nice and clean.

Room Tip: Great location close to Laredo A&M Inernational University.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

All the front desk personnel, manager, eating area, and the maids were kind and all had great personalities. Laredo was a better experience than I thought it would be from what all a person hears. I would definitely recommend staying at this LaQuinta. It has easy access to everything a person would want and is definitely safe.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

austin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Let me start off by saying that I am a frequent traveler and often stay at La Quinta Inns for both business and personal trips, or at least I used to. I am an Elite Rewards member with La Quinta, but after my last three stays at different LQs, I plan to use up my existing points and never use LQ again.

For this review, I will limit my comments specifically to the La Quinta Inns & Suites in Laredo, Tx. My family was attending a wedding in Laredo on July 20 and I made my reservation months in advance. It took me four tries to actually get the reservation made correctly using the special toll free number for Elite members. What seemed to be a simple reservation, 2 rooms, one with 2 Queens and one with a King, evidently was too difficult for the online specialists. Every time they would send the email confirmation, they always got it wrong, even after repeating it back to me on the phone.

When I checked in, the front desk said they did not have any rooms available with 2 Queen beds. I had even confirmed the prior evening that the reservation was correct. They said that they had five rooms that had been booked for one night the previous evening and the guests in those roomds never checked out or removed their luggage. Therefore, the hotel had no option but to allow the overextended guests to continue staying even if it meant taking the room that should have been for me. They offered us a King room with a sofa sleeper to replace the one that should have been 2 Qs. We really did not want to have to sleep on a sofa sleeper for 2 nights, but they offered no other option. The frontdesk person, Jennifer, would little sympathy and even refused to offer any discount for the inconvenience. She finally agreed to at least call the manager later and see if she would agree to comp the room due to their mistake. She called me later and said the manager would give us a 20% discount on both rooms for both nights. I really did not consider this adequate, but agreed to accept the offer anyway because when she called I was at the wedding reception and wasd trying to get over the stress from the ealier event.

However, when we checked out the front desk did not want to give us any discount and said they were not informed of the agreement nor were they authorized to do anything. She said I could call back tomorrow and talk to the manager. After several minutes of discussions, I finally convinced the front desk attendent to call the manager at home. The manager gave her authorization to discount one room for 20% (not both rooms as previously agreed to) and it took them another 15 minutes to correct the bill.

To top it off, the sink was stopped up in one of our rooms the last evening and the front desk said they could do nothing for us. We ended up having to do the plumbing repairs ourselves! These people are not willing to do anything to assist their guests.

I would recommend staying as far away from this hotel as possible. This was absolutely the worst managed LQ hotel in which I have stayed and the staff is uncaring and not helpful at all.

Room Tip: Any other hotel in Laredo except this one.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

This was the best la quinta stay I've ever had nice staff marvelous rooms nice pool area and good braekfast and fast friendly service

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Walking in the front door and being greeted in a very friendly manner, as if visiting old friends. Enjoyed the staff as well, very courteous and attentive to our needs/ requests.
One suggestion would be to get the clocks that project the time unto the ceiling, I could not find the table clock easily.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Laredo Airport? Share your experiences!