“An Oasis in the Desert!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Laredo
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1006 West Calton Road, Laredo, TX 78041   |
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Laredo
Dallas, Texas
“An Oasis in the Desert!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

A few days ago, after spending 8 hours on the road, we were very much in need of a nice place to spend the night. As soon as we approached the front desk we knew we were in the right place. Ms Cole was exceptional - she made us feel right at home with her friendly smile and professionalism. She quickly directed us to a very clean and comfortable room, she knew we were tired. We showered in a clean bathroom and slept on a very comfortable, clean bed. In the morning we had their coffee and were on our way again. Most importantly, Ms Cole was there to send us off. For the extremely reasonable price, this was awesome!!! Thank you Ms. Cole! We hope to see you again.

Room Tip: You don't have to spend much to get quality.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Vanessa C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Laredo, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for writing a review about your experience with our hotel here in beautiful Laredo, TX. I am very happy to hear that you were pleased with your accommodations, impressed with the staff and felt at home. It is our goal to give our guest a great memorable stay for a reasonable price. It was a pleasure for our team to have served you and we all look forward to your return should your travels return you to our area.

Vanessa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Killeen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

This hotel was better than I expected. They had the AC blasting before I got to my room, it was nice and cold. This is something everybody wants during a hot summer specially in Laredo TX. The staff was very friendly and responded quickly to all your needs. I know where to stay in Laredo at a low cost and really nice rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Rocky224, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Laredo, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Javier B,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. We are very delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. As always, it is our goal to make sure that we provide our guest with a clean room at an affordable price. I am glad you enjoyed our newly renovated and 100% smoke-free rooms.

Your comments are very much appreciated and we look forward in welcoming you back on your next visit.

Again, our sincerest thanks.

Monterrey, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

First of all I must say that the price of this hotel paying in advance is good, which is why I thought ok let's give it a try, the location is very good since it is just a block away from I-35. And not so far from the Mall del Norte.
The staff I need to say that they were very helpful and friendly, so thank you to them.
But like I said in my Title it was not a very pleasant stay, I think i will no longer stay in any other Red Roof hotel, or at least not on this one. First everything seemed to be going well, the room was ok with air conditioner, nice flat TV, everything you need even though it is a cheap hotel, but then it started to rain in Laredo and oh surprise it was not only outside but inside the room too, the window seemed to be like a waterfall, it started to flood inside the room, the carpet was all wet, so i asked the front desk to change my room, which they did very fast, I thought ok let's hve a rest finally in a dry room this time, but then when I entered the room the air conditioner was on but the room was hot, so i moved the control of the air conditioner but it never got cold, never! besides the air conditioner was very very very noisy, once you get used to it, it is ok but in the mean time it is hard to believe how noisy it is, besides it was only air, never got cold. But i was tired and I only wanted to sleep so I didn't ask for another room, i think it is too much.
So my stay was not very nice! If you ask me if i recommend it, i would say no! two rooms and two different problems, but my recognition goes to the front desk staff they are nice! but of course to sleep well you not only need a friendly person at the desk but a clean, dry, cold room specially during summer in Laredo.
That was my experience!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Rocky224, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Laredo, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Iram 77,

Dear JSalazar92,

Thank you for your candid and honest review of our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience.

Please know that it is our goal to make every guests experience an enjoyable one, and I am deeply sorry that we fell short in this instance. I have reviewed the maintenance records of your room and have shared your experience with all of our staff so that we may avoid any occurences like this in the future. It is obvious that the original room you were given was not ready to rent and for that, I am truly sorry.

Thank you for your time and, and on behalf of myself and my staff, I sincerely hope that we will have another opportunity to serve you.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Of all hotels coming into Laredo, This red roof is the best kept secret. It has four stories of all remodeled hotel. Large rooms nice carpet great furnishings very large flat screen TV. It has a staff that is willing to please. I recommend it highly.

• Stayed June 2013
Rocky224, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Laredo, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear F P,

Thank you so much for your review. We are very delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm glad that you noticed our very recent renovation, including the all-new bedding, carpets and conversion to being a 100% smoke-free hotel. It is our goal to make sure that we provide our guest with a clean room at an affordable price, and I'm glad that your stay with us was enjoyable.

Your comments are appreciated very much and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Merida, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This - like the Red Roof Inn we stayed at in San Antonio, Texas was run by some really nice people. Very friendly staff. Clean room, quiet, wifi worked and great location for getting around the city. I highly recommend this location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Rocky224, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Laredo, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Local O,

Thank you so very much for your lovely review. We are very delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. As always, it is our goal to make sure that we provide our guest with a clean room at an affordable price. I am glad you enjoyed our newly renovated and 100% smoke-free rooms.

Again, our sincerest thanks.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Upon arrivial we were greeted with 4 Laredo police cars parked at the entrance and along the street in front of the hotel. After a lengthy 15 wait in line while the only clerk on duty was tied up on the phone with what appeared to be the corporate office reminding the staff how to react about giving out information of any guest(s) checked into the hotel and regarding the circumstance of the police presence we were checked in. We returned back to the desk immediately due to the A/C not working in our assigned room. We were re-assigned to another room that held a really nasty odor upon opening the door. No other rooms were available to be re-assigned so some de-odorizer was applied in quanity and the odor was at minimum disguised. The rest of the room was nicely decorated, shower was only "OK" due to low water pressure. Towels again were 'OK" but nothing extra there. The bedding and pillows were the only highlight of the stay except that we were in a "Superior Business Suite" which meant the room was a bit larger than most and had a nice 2 sided work area. If I was stayng for business for several days I would have been able to appreciate the work area much more. But the price tag for the value was there, especially when you factor in that there wasn't even so much as a doughnut to be had for any type of breakfast in the morning. Coffee was all they had and coffee was it. Traffic noise (ambulance's) was a concern for most of the evening. Alot of emergency calls in Laredo or atleast a fire station was nearby of something.

All in all I would have to say I was dissappointed by the facility but the staff was professional and as helpful. I would consider staying again but only because the market in Laredo and the prices of hotel rooms in this market are unusually high for the value you get.

Room Tip: Maybe the rooms on the north side would be quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Rocky224, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Laredo, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear JoJoHoy,

Thank you for your honest review of our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience. Anytime we fall short of meeting guest expectations, we feel it is important to take appropriate action to remedy any concerns that may arise. I want to you to know we are addressing these issues with our staff, as to avoid any issues in the future.

I was pleased to see that throughout your stay you considered our staff was both professional and helpful to you. This is the foundation of our hotel and we will do our very best to build upon that for the future.

Once again, thank you for your time and, and on behalf of myself and my staff, I sincerely hope that we will have another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I was mostly very pleasantly surprised. My room was so newly renovated, I could still smell the paint. A very nice job with lots of nice touches.

My main gripe, and a big one, was that the AC was screechingly noisy. If it was a constant noise, I suppose I could bear it, but this thing screeched and squeaked every time it cycled on and off. After waking me up a few times, I finally turned it off. In March you can do that, no problem, but in Laredo, there's no way you can turn off the AC in say, July.

Overall, a pretty nice place for a good price, but if your AC is noisy, I strong recommend asking for another room right away.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Rocky224, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Laredo, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear unclecofie,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed and appreciate our renovation. Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience with the a/c unit in your room. I want to you to know we are completed with the renovation that was underway during your stay with us, however repair/replacement of a/c units is still underway. Should you choose to stay with us again in the future, and we sincerely hope you do, I am confident that you will no longer encounter this issue.

Rocky Ramirez

Been to Red Roof Inn Laredo? Share your experiences!