“Not Happy” 3 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1006 West Calton Road, Laredo, TX 78041   |
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Laredo
“Not Happy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We got there and room was very expensive for the quality of room it was very dirty dog hair all over so we moved.rooms and it was no better hair in bathtub, pink degreaser in air conditioning unit that blew out and all they did was give me back part of my money after a huge inconvenience. We will never stay there again and dont recommend for anyone.

• Stayed January 2013
Rocky224, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Laredo, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear babygcass33,

Thank you for your candid and honest review of our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience. Anytime we fall short of meeting guest expectations, we feel it is important to take appropriate action to remedy any concerns that may arise.

I want to you to know we are addressing these issues with our staff, as to avoid any issues in the future. You may also be pleased to know we are anticipating a much welcome renovation in the very near future. I am confident you will enjoy the final result.

Once again, thank you for your time and, and on behalf of myself and my staff, I sincerely hope that we will have another opportuntiyy to serve you in the future.

Rocky Ramirez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

This was my third time to stay at this particular Red Roof and like the previous times it was pleasant and with no major complaints. Upon checking into room I noticed a bloody tissue in the ice bucket and upon showing the manager he apologized and took $20 off that nights stay. Rooms are updated with within easy walking distance of many eating establishments. The front desk clerks are not the friendliest but it may be an language barrier thing. I plan to stay here whenever my business brings me back.

• Stayed November 2012
Rocky224, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Laredo, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear harryscards,

Thank you so very much for your lovely review. We are very delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is our goal to make sure that we provide our guest with a clean room at an affordable price. Your comment is very much appreciated and we look forward in welcoming you back on your next visit.

Again, our sincerest thanks.

Cabot
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

people here are not friendly, and you will find a few roaches running around. my company forced us to stay here until we complained enough to get moved to a little cleaner hotel. they do not offer any breakfast and still charge higher rates than most. the bedding is hard and uncomfortable. the room is clean except for the bugs. the tvs are small and are not flat screens. remove all valuables from your vehicle because the hotel does not have security but every other buisness in the area does.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Rocky224, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Laredo, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear JT1993,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience.

Please contact me directly, as I would like to make sure this review was intended for my hotel. I noticed on your review you stated that we do not have flat screen TV's or overnight security. This property actually had flat screen LCD TV's installed in all rooms as of December 2011. Your review states you stayed in February of this year. We also have overnight security 7 days a week. I suspect you may be confusing us with another location, but I just want to make sure. If we did in fact fall short in meeting your expectations, then I truly apologize and will take all steps neccesary to remedy the issues.

Thank you for your time and, and on behalf of myself and my staff, I sincerely hope that we will have another opportunity to serve you.

Monterrey, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

next time ill pay some 20 more dollars and stay on a holiday inn i found my room with no AC working, the tv was too far from the bed, the toilet seat was burn with a cigarrete apparently it was just like a cheap hotel, but at 80dolars / day not to cheap actually...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Rocky224, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Laredo, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear JSalazar92,

Please know that it is our goal to make every guests experience an enjoyable one, and I am deeply sorry that we fell short in this instance. I have reviewed the maintenance records of your room and have shared your experience with all of our staff so that we may avoid any occurences like this in the future.

Beaumont, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

the 1 thing i hate to find in a room is hair. especially the bathroom. there was hair in the floor,bathtub,around the sink area. NASTY!! had to use a hand towel and cleant he sink before i could use it. the beds were fair, the carpet needs cleaning. when i checked in the front desk cleark acted as if she would have prefered me to stay at a different hotel, VERY UNPROFESSIONAL! uncertain how you build a reporte with guest by being careless and uninviting.
this could be a nice hotel, if given the time and effort to clean and sanitize by house keeping. the staff was made to understand that attitude IS a deal breaker, period.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Rocky224, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Laredo, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Todd S,

Thank you for your candid and honest review of our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience. I can assure you that I will be reviewing the details of your stay and coaching our staff on the issues that you have brought to our attention. It is our goal to make every guests experience an enjoyable one, and I am deeply sorry that we fell short in this instance.

Thank you for your time and, and on behalf of myself and my staff, I sincerely hope that we will have another opportuntiyy to serve you in the future.

Melbourne, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

When travelling with my pets, I did not expect the ritz; however, we have spent many nights in pet friendly hotels that were much cleaner. The room itself was not too bad, but the overall hotel needs a lot of work. The hallways were very dirty and the carpeting was in seriously bad repair. The elevator was so dirty we used the stairs.

I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Rocky224, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Laredo, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Linda M,

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I was in Laredo because my father was dying. The very least I expected was a quiet and comfortable room. The first night was ok except that there was no AC in the lobby, elevators or hallways. I woke up itching and with tiny red dots all over my body. The next night our room was changed and changed again and changed again. In each room there was no shower curtain, that's why we had to change THREE times. I think the staff could have gone up there to double check, but no, we were sent as guinea pigs. We had to go up and down hot hallways and elevators lugging bags, laptop, suitcases and groceries. My mom was very sick, but still she had to go up and down and down and up. I was royally pissed at the incompetent staff, but this was not the worst part. I had just showered and I was nearly naked sitting on the bed when a STRANGE MAN opened the door I had previously locked. He opened the door with key provided by the hotel. How could they be so stupid as to not check room occupancy? I called downstairs and they said security would go up, and nothing. This was the worst hotel experience of my life. To top it all off I complained, nearly screaming at a supervisor who could care less. He pretended to care and offered me a free night. That was months ago and still I have yet to receive reimbursement from Rocky Ramirez, the so called general manager. Beware do not stay at the Red Roof Inn in Laredo. The ladies in the front are the most incompetent people I have come across in a while.

Room Tip: Run, run away from Red Roof Inn Laredo