“Hotel needs a lot of work” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Laredo
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1006 West Calton Road, Laredo, TX 78041   |
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Laredo
Melbourne, Florida
“Hotel needs a lot of work”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

When travelling with my pets, I did not expect the ritz; however, we have spent many nights in pet friendly hotels that were much cleaner. The room itself was not too bad, but the overall hotel needs a lot of work. The hallways were very dirty and the carpeting was in seriously bad repair. The elevator was so dirty we used the stairs.

I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Rocky224, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Laredo, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Linda M,

Thank you for your candid and honest review of our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience. Anytime we fall short of meeting guest expectations, we feel it is important to take appropriate action to remedy any concerns that may arise.

I want to you to know we are addressing these issues with our staff, as to avoid any issues in the future. You may also be pleased to know we are anticipating a much welcome renovation in the very near future. I am confident you will enjoy the final result.

Once again, thank you for your time and, and on behalf of myself and my staff, I sincerely hope that we will have another opportuntiyy to serve you in the future.

Rocky Ramirez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I was in Laredo because my father was dying. The very least I expected was a quiet and comfortable room. The first night was ok except that there was no AC in the lobby, elevators or hallways. I woke up itching and with tiny red dots all over my body. The next night our room was changed and changed again and changed again. In each room there was no shower curtain, that's why we had to change THREE times. I think the staff could have gone up there to double check, but no, we were sent as guinea pigs. We had to go up and down hot hallways and elevators lugging bags, laptop, suitcases and groceries. My mom was very sick, but still she had to go up and down and down and up. I was royally pissed at the incompetent staff, but this was not the worst part. I had just showered and I was nearly naked sitting on the bed when a STRANGE MAN opened the door I had previously locked. He opened the door with key provided by the hotel. How could they be so stupid as to not check room occupancy? I called downstairs and they said security would go up, and nothing. This was the worst hotel experience of my life. To top it all off I complained, nearly screaming at a supervisor who could care less. He pretended to care and offered me a free night. That was months ago and still I have yet to receive reimbursement from Rocky Ramirez, the so called general manager. Beware do not stay at the Red Roof Inn in Laredo. The ladies in the front are the most incompetent people I have come across in a while.

Room Tip: Run, run away from Red Roof Inn Laredo
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Stayed here for two nights during medical diag visit, front desk was friendly and helpful. Good large and very quiet room with bright interior and dedicated computer nook; a few unionized ants were quickly and completely removed by maintenance when reported, no great shakes. Pool looked clean and clear, but did not use - a little cool in March for swimming, even in way south Texas. Compact but well appointed bath with tub, toilet and faucets all worked well. Firm bed, clean sheets, good TV, cold AC, excellent WiFi. Plenty of flat parking spaces, hotel is 3 blocks west or so off I-35 south and very quiet. About a 10-minute hop by car to the border if you are so passport inclined; be sure you know what you are doing, where you are going, and with whom you're going if you venture to nearby Mexico (no problems personally, but you know the sad reports). Tons of popular and unique places to shop and eat nearby. Will use again.

Room Tip: We used Hotels.com for the best available rate.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Rocky224, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Laredo, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear AmbleOutdoors,

Thank you so very much for your lovely review. We are very delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is our goal to make sure that we provide our guest with a clean room at an affordable price. Your comment is very much appreciated and we look forward in welcoming you back on your next visit.

Again, our sincerest thanks.
Laredo, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

i cant find the right red roof in there is one on zapata hwy and you will be very happy 3 floors and great folks working there! i stay there all the time and it it great never a prob! will go over the line to make you happy!!!!

Room Tip: stay on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

My room was robbed between 7:30 pm and 10:00 pm and a laptop was stolen by someone who could get in without breaking the door. The front desk girl couldn't help us and the general manager wouldn't help us. They said they let another guest rent our room, because they thought it was empty. Our belongings were still in the room.
I filled out a police report that night April 17, 2012. The next morning I tried to speak to the General Manager who was so rude that I was shaking and crying by the time I left. We have recieved no help from Red Roof Inn as of yet.
Sally Whitaker

• Stayed April 2012
Eagle Pass, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

This is one of those hotels where you will get exactly what you pay for. It's a Red Roof; don't expect more than that.
Location- Good location. Located near main highway, stores and restaurants.

Hotel- 2 star hotel at best. Not too many amenities. The hotel itself is outdated. The carpets in the hallways are old and musty.
Breakfast is limited to cold cereals and coffee.
The staff is courteous and polite.

Rooms- Rooms seem to be renovated. I reserved a king deluxe. It's ok; good for a night. Spacious enough for no more than two persons. Internet wifi connection varies from good to no service.

For a night's rest, i would recommend this hotel. It serves it's purpose. Again, you will get exactly what you pay for.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Guadalajara, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

An average hotel to spend one night when you are traveling to another place.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Rocky224, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Laredo, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
Thank you so much for your honest review of our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback about your stay. At Red Roof, we strive to exceed our customers expectations, while providing a clean and comfortable room at a considerable value. And while your invidivdual scores show that you were satisifed with your overall stay, we would really appreciate any more specific feedback you would be willing to provide. This would help us to provide an even better experience for you the next time you stay with us here in Laredo. Please feel free to contact me directly at i0224@redroof.com.

Once again, thank you so much for your feedback.

Rocky Ramirez
Red Roof Inn - Laredo

Been to Red Roof Inn Laredo? Share your experiences!