“Excellent value, excellent quality.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #26 of 35 Hotels in Laredo
Laredo, TX
“Excellent value, excellent quality.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

My fiance lives in Japan, but when he comes to Laredo, we always book this hotel for a 2-week stay. We were attracted by the thought of having a full kitchen (to cut back on the eating out) and a big space to spread out.

The first thing I notice about this property is that it is all indoors. Most visitors have to pass through front desk unless they have a key to get in through the back. I like this rather than having a room outside.

Second, we like the cleanness of the property - immediately, we noticed that the place was furnished well and everything vacuumed and tidied. Our room itself was the same - pretty clean.

The room was very nice and spacious - lots of room for two beds and space to move around and exercise (since I like to work out in my room). The TV had ample channels, though we did not really watch TV much.

Our bathroom was well-kept with ample towels. Room service does freshen up every other day or so. Still, it was nice to have enough towels for a few days.

The kitchen, though small, was enough for us to get our meals done. The refrigerator is spacious and the stove had enough for four pots/pans. I believe the property furnishes one or two pots/pans and some utensils, but it should be enough if it's only two people. Otherwise, there's a local grocery store nearby that sells plastic utensils.

The entire property is concealed behind a Gambit Bingo place. Don't be put off by this - it is simply a place where the senior citizens like to gamble. The only annoying part of this neighborhood is the nightclub CHEERS, which shouldn't pose a problem at all, save for New Year's Eve. I've stayed at this property every year since 2007 and last year, the night club had some loud music going that disturbed us a bit. As I said though, most of the time, it's pretty quiet.

Should you want to eat, there's a gas station next to Gambit Bingo and a Burger King embedded. Across the street are a McDonald's and Cici's pizza.

All in all, we love this property's cleanness, friendly service and excellent rates. It is why we continue to stay here every year during the holidays.

Room Tip: The suites are NICE!
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - Laredo - Del Mar, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
I want to say the staff has made my stay here in Laredo very enjoyable. If I had a question or problem they fixed it or answered to my satisfaction.Would I stay again sure would .Hotel is easy in and easy out HEB for groceries around the corner.The mall is right up the road .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
carrollton, texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

Convenient place to stay, great location, very helpful staff- will definitely stay there again - the rooms are decent, the a/c works, wifi is reliable (small fee for the whole stay) no loud noises around.- perfect for independent traveler with a car and not looking for fancy hotel amenities (eg. swimming pools, meal service, wake up calls, daily maid service, etc).

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Dayton, TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2009

It should have been a clue when the key we were given opened the door to a room already occupied! Then we got our room...the hallway had trash all over that stayed there the whole stay. Carpet had holes in it. We got no smoking room, but the smoke was so think in the hallway that it came in under the door. I couldn't breath!!
There was a bar or something right next door that played their music so loud that it shook our room with the bass sounds.
No breakfast or coffee was served either.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Guadalajara, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2005

Hi, We are Americans in Mexico and we went to Laredo on February 7, booked to stay 3 nights. We figured that we'd save some money by cooking/preparing our own food for at least 2 of the day's 3 meals. Yes, we did save money. We brought chicken from home, fresh veggies, salad greens. We bought a couple of things to nuke at the local HEB grocery (you can walk to it from hotel.) The place isn't fancy: no pool, no exercise room, (so walk to the grocery), no big lobby, no restaurant. It is clean and it is inexpensive compared to other 2-stars in Laredo. The other 2 stars don't let you cook in your room, which means 3 or 3 meals have to be eaten out.
The room has a full size frig, an electric cooktop, a 4-cup coffee maker and a microwave. Pots and pans, a skillet, utensils and plates, cups, glasses, etc for 2 people. Towels provided, but no detergent. A drinking glass from kitchen doubled as a tooth glass in the bathroom. No packets of 'goodies' in the bathroom.
The rooms are inside, on corridors. There is an elevator, with a luggage buggy to get your stuff upstairs.
Staying in Laredo is difficult because all the hotels are the same and they all charge an enormous fortune. We used to stay at L_Q_____, but it is very high priced for a rather paltry continental breakfast, the hotel itself anchored in an acre of asphalt. And it is not what we consider a 'continental breakfast.' 4 tables for 4, plus 2 tables for 2, in an incredibly noisy, tiny space that doubles as the lobby. They want you in and out in a hurry. Forget lingering. We also stayed (once was enough, please!) at the F____ G_____ Inn. I thought then, and still think, that it's one of the skankiest places I've ever seen, although the garden breakfast room was lovely with its chairs and tables and live plants and trees, under a palapa roof. And all the cheap rooms are upstairs. Two stories, no elevator, endless trips up and down and along the (outside) corridor. As a sidebar, why do motels brag about having a picture window when to have any privacy at all one must always draw the drapes? At least in the Extended stay, with our 3rd floor room, we could leave the drape open.
Now as to rate structure. I looked in several travel web sites, including Expedia, and I found no bargains anywhere. The chain's own website, extendedstay, is no more forthcoming. Be aware, there is a website that calls itself "extendedstaynetwork"; they are not the hotel chain's website and if you get to 'booking' you will see they charge you for the priviledge of using their site. They call it a 'tax.' It's not, it's a fee.
Extended Stay seems to be the only hotel chain that charges 2 dollars MORE per room for seniors. What we paid ($74.99 per night plus tax) was not what was printed on the piece of paper I found in the lobby the morning we checked out. The Queen rate, which is the room we had, is $69.99 per night. The Double/Double is $79.99 per night and the King is $74.99 per night. Perhaps the Extended Stay people really need to rethink their price structure, and rewrite their web site.
Will we stay at Extended Stay again? Most assuredly. It suits our needs perfectly, but when we return I will call the hotel directly and book and quote these prices to them (I still have the paper I found in the lobby.)
By the way, don't get sucked into Denny's. There is a very nice restaurant one street to the west, San Bernardo Avenue, that is larger, quieter, not nearly as crowded, has a good size smoking section (hey, it's still legal in Webb County, guys!), very good food (same as Denny's, no advertising campaigns) at less expensive prices and is open 24/7. San Bernardo is Business I35, so it has traffic in both directions, north and south. Unfortunately, I forget its name.
As American ex-pats in Mexico all we do is shop-till-we-drop in Laredo then head on home, so I can't begin to tell you what's available for the average tourist.

• Stayed January 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2002

You just cannot beat the bang for the buck here. At $37 per night on the weekly rate, I can't think of a better deal. The place is very new and the rooms are immaculate. Convenient coin-op laundry. Be sure to call ahead though, word's getting out and they are often full.

Been to Extended Stay America - Laredo - Del Mar? Share your experiences!