“Good food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I liked everything I had there. I ate there multiple times and everything was excellent. They have live music there, which is fun. I also suggest pirates, as they are very good.

Visited August 2013

Laredo, Texas
“their own way”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I requested some caldo tlalpeno and they came back with caldo de pollo when I asked about it they told me that's the way they do it at this place either like it or leave so I leave.
I never went back.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Nice place to eat.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The food was great!!!! The place did taste like actual Mexican cousine. It is great to visit you won't regret it.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Corpus Christi, Texas
“This is the place for a good meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This one had a great menu and the night I went they had live music
With no cover.
If you want a steak, ribs, enchiladas, tacos it doesn't matter -all good- they serve drinks including beer and wine. If you go You shouldn't be disappointed

Visited June 2013
San Diego, California
“Great service, unique "dip" and appealing interior”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Palenque shares parking with a La Quinta hotel, so it was tight parking for dinner. But it was worth the effort to go there.

It's very conveniently located near the airport, and I happened to notice that several travelers who were at the airport National Car Rental also ended-up at Palenque, so it's obviously a favorite first stop for those arriving in town.

The service staff is very friendly and efficient. They're also very proud of the restaurant. They serve a bean dip with chips that's quite different. Bean dips tend to be bland and generally unappealing, I think, but I couldn't stop eating theirs. I asked the waiter what it was, because it tasted different and he said that they mix chorizo in with it. Wow!....what a difference. Very tasty. Really tasty, actually.

I decided to be a bit daring - I hate getting sick when on the road - and try something different than I normally would and had the Albondigas camaron soup. The broth was superb! Wow!! A real treat for the tastebuds. And instead of using meatballs they use shrimp coated in rice. The combination of the broth and the rice covered shrimp was excellent. Highly recommend it.

For my main course, I had the Arrachera, which is fajita steak, with grilled onions, guacamole, rice and beans. I'm allergic to cilantro, so my waiter, Jesus, substituted avocado for the guac and went overboard to be sure that all my dips and beans didn't have any cilantro. He was very concerned for me.

The steak was a bit too fatty, which was surprising. So, while it had great flavor, about 10-15% of it was fat, so I didn't eat it.

The decor is nice, plenty of seating with enough space between tables that you're not on top of each other and it's easy to have a conversation - even with the guy playing the piano.

I will definitely eat here again and will bring others next time.

• Visited June 2013