“Very comfortable stay.” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Motel   |   3610 Santa Ursula, Laredo, TX 78041-4453   |
Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Laredo
“Very comfortable stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

La Quinta was clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was delicious.
We really enjoyed our stay. The area of the hotel was in a good area where we could get lunch and dinner. And of course we also got some shopping in.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
San Miguel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This hotel would not have been my first choice, but my travelling companion always used this hotel on a drive from Texas to San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. The front desk people were very friendly; the rooms are very tired and the property could use a complete facelift, but the rooms were clean and the price reasonable. There seems to be some type of project going on just north of the city, and the hotel was filled with pick-ups and laborers, but I only say that to give a flavor of the place. I probably would have chosen the Best Western a little further out, or the Marriott Courtyard close by, but overall, not a bad second choice. They do offer the standard breakfast fare of cereal and sweet-rolls, but there is a Denny's right next door, so that is where we ate both our dinner and breakfast the next day.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Hotel provides good value for money. We stop there twice a year, driving from Canada to Mexico's Yucatan peninsula and return, with our large Great Pyr dog. The staff is friendly, the rooms clean and the breakfast ok. There is also a nice outdoor pool.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

St. Albert, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We have alwsays found LaQuinta Hotels to be goof value for the price, but this one is the exception. The first room were given had a bathroom light that was not working, Then we were given a key to another room that had not been activated. When we finally got into that room, the AC was not working. A change to another room which we decided to keep in spite of the playing card floating in the toilet bowl as the trips back and forth to reception were getting out of hand and we were getting tired. The room was not clean. Carpets and walls were so stained that even though the bedding appeared to be clean, it was a restless sleep as I couldn't imagine why they would be clean!. The hotel has outdoor corridors to the rooms and a pigeon roosts right at the corner - and entrance- to the second floor corridor leading to our room. I like birds, but found the walk through all the pigeon droppings that are obviously not regularly cleaned up somewhat disconcerting. The breakfast room(s) was also very shabby and dirty. Window moldings, floor boards etc. were made to look old, but the scriffiness just added to the general disrepair of the whole place. The young people at reception when we checked in kept changing our room without any objection and were polite, but that is about the only good thing I have to say about the whole experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Hotel was good for the price. It is an older hotel, but it was clean. They accomodated me and my dog and for this I will give them a great review. The only tiny bit I can say about this hotel is that the beds are small. They must be full size, not queen, but were comfortable. I would recommend this hotel and I would stay here again. Hope this helps.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Dallas, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The installations are terribly old, with floor stains of unknown origin in every hallway. The paint on the building looks like its been there for 30 years. The tub in the bathroom was stained. I have been in 30-something dollar rooms that were way better and cleaner than this 90 dollar fiasco.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn Laredo I-35? Share your experiences!