“Needs updating.” 2 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Motel   |   3610 Santa Ursula, Laredo, TX 78041-4453   |
Ranked #21 of 34 hotels in Laredo

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Salem, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Where can I start! First I was trying over an hour to make reservations but there was something wrong with the website, so I decided to call directly to the hotel and after being put on hold for 10 minutes, I was able to schedule, or so I thought. After advising I needed 2 rooms with double beds & confirming with the receptionist & supplying my credit card, I thought everything was set but then I showed up & found out during check in that she had only reserved 1 room & that I was going to be charged more because of her mistake, since the rates had gone up. Second the rooms that were given was on the side that looked more beat up & dirty. Third the air conditioning was not cold at all & it was 110 degrees that day. Fourth the room was dirty, for example the carpet had very dark stains & the walls & doors were filthy. I have stayed previously at La Quinta in Fowler CA which was FANTASTIC but this hotel should not be called La Quinta but maybe Motel 6.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

May 2012- all i have to say is BED BUGS !! left at 230 in the morning after to awakening and finding bugs in both beds.....

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Cancun, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

We stayed as a friend did the reservation for us. We were 4, stayed one night and had enough room for us, it was a small room with 2 queen beds, but we just wanted to spend the night, to rest and continue with our shopping the following day. Rooms are confortable and they equipped with nice beds, a large flat tv, small bathroom but clead with an outside sink and large mirror, with enough space in the closet. The hotel has a pool, which we did not use.
They offer breakfast, which can be better, as they only have cereal, milk, some juices, toasted bread, boiled eggs and waffles, so they need to add some other options such as scrambled eggs or quesadillas.
Location is perfect, we had our own car, so we could easily move around malls, and other stores. Restaurants are also in close proximity.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Friona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

The rooms are not very well kept up and the service is just bad. The place is full of street people and lot lizards. I have stayed at many La Quintas and this is an embarrassment to the name. You are better off staying at the Motel 6 Laredo South. I stayed there because I was just going to stay for a few hours and the place runs circles around the La Quinta.

Room Tip: Don't stay in any of them.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
south
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

A dreadful place, drunks, prostitutes, noisy, panhandlers all hours.Spent two nights and could not leave fast enough.Tired 3 times to get rid of the drunks in front of my door and finally after notfying the desk 3 times told them if they didn't call the police, I would. Their Security Giuard did nothing.
Surly staff, Noisy, unsafe, bugs in some of the rooms. A thoroughly hgorrible plave, Stay Away!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Terra Firma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

I've stayed in some real flea bag hotels, but compared to this one, they were palaces. The front desk staff is inept, to say the least. It took them over 20 minutes to get me checked into a room, which had already been reserved down to the room number. They take forever to answer the phone when calling the front desk.

The rooms are awful. It's obvious this was once a no-tel motel that's been bought and renovated. The carpets are filthy, so much so that my feet were black from the bed to the bathroom. There are dozens of tiny ants everywhere. Even after being moved to another room, they're still around. The pool is disgusting with some kind of oily film. The breakfast bar should be illegal; it smells like rotten food.

The neighborhood is terrible. The first night, there were gunshots. There have been other gunshot incidences. As I type this at 11pm, there is a car in the parking lot with the bass loud enough to rattle the phone on the bedside table. There is nothing to redeem this hotel. Except that I have no choice in the matter, I wouldn't be here. I literally fear for my life to the point I don't even leave to get food, especially not after dark.

Don't stay here. For any reason.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn Laredo I-35? Share your experiences!