“One terrific place to stay when in Austin” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lakeway
Sanford, North Carolina, United States
“One terrific place to stay when in Austin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I've stayed in more hotels than I can count over the years and the Holiday Inn Express at Lakeway, TX is now at the top of my list! My family and I stayed there this past weekend for 2 nights and our experience was perfect. The staff is courteous, helpful and responsive; a special shout out to Ken at the front desk who saved me a taxi fare by dropping me off at the facility where my father is a resident. The rooms are spotless and 50% larger than your average accommodation. Fairly new, the architecture and decor are first rate. All five us were delighted and will stay there every time we return to Austin. One small suggestion--the dining area needs to provide high chairs for the little ones.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was attending a conference in the area a short time ago and stayed two nights here. Previously, I had never stayed in a Holiday Inn Express and I was impressed.

Granted the property is very new, but it is clean and neat. The staff was very courteous and helpful even with me locking my key in my room at 1am. They did not even come close to acting as if it were a pain to help me out, just chuckled along with me and gave me a new key.

Absolutely no problem at all with check in or any other matter. Once again was treated with the same courtesy that you usually only see if you are paying twice for a room than what you are paying here.

The days that I was staying there was something going on at one of the local schools as the place was filled with kids. They never got out of hand and the management kept on top of things very well. Even the breakfast was always refreshed never mind they had about 100 high school age kids running around.

I enjoyed it so much that I booked the place again while attending a race in the area this weekend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
monterey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I only stayed here one night but it was a pleasure staying here after dealing with a horrendous experience at the Mountain Star Lodge down the road. This place was immaculate! The staff was great and super friendly. The beds were a little firm but comfortable overall. The breakfast in the morning was fairly good, at least there were some more protein-rich options for those that can't do carb/gluten rich foods. It was great staying at a nice and clean hotel, I wish we would've stayed here the whole time, but now I know this is the place to go if you want to visit Lakeway/Lake Travis. I would stay here again!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I do like this new hotel very much & would definitely stay there again. I would ask for a room farther away from lobby. Here are the pros & cons.
Pros: Brand new hotel, clean, modern, good location, very friendly & helpful staff, free hot breakfast.
Cons: Noisy with loud closing doors, people talking, loud TV playing in next room. (I did not report loud TV to front desk, just waited & stopped at 11pm). Disappointed the breakfast did not any fruit, otherwise very good breakfast.

Room Tip: Loved the suites, with the extra sitting area. We stayed on first floor near the lobby & across...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Marshfield, Massachusetts, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Overall the hotel is clean and comfortable. The shower design is horrible and when you take a shower the water goes right out and you need to use 3 towels to mop it up. This hotel also restricts your internet access if you try to view any websites it deems has adult content. I have stayed in countless hotels, all over the country since I travel for work and this is the first hotel I have ever in my lifetime, that does this. I am blown away. This will definitely be the last time I stay at a holiday inn. Good job.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HIELakeway_Mgmt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lakeway, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I would first like to address the "restricted internet access." We take pride in being a family oriented hotel and have taken the steps to prevent any children from accessing any adult material on the internet. We also have no plans in the future for opening up that kind of access. As far as the shower design goes, we have definitely used your feedback and are currently making some changes to the function of the shower door to prevent the water from the showers from leaking on the floor. Again, I truly appreciate your feedback and will continue to use is as a tool to better fine tune our operations in the future. We truly hope to see you again in your travels.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Hotel is new, clean, pleasant. Not memorable but certainly satisfactory. About the only constructive criticism I can offer is that the landscaping is somewhat of a barrier from the parking lot to the front door, depending on where you park. The stepping stone solution does not work well if you are wearing high heels, plus parked cars block the path. One can walk a longer distance around the driveway and parking lot, though. We had some difficulty checking in, but the staff resolved our issues promptly. Shower instead of tub, which I liked. Room larger than average. No vending machines on floors yet, but there is one in the lobby.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

How you can go wrong with a brand new hotel? Very nice, modern, clean, friendly, good breakfast, comfortable bed. The only thing I can not understand is carpet in an elevator, hotel is Two months old and carpet in elevator looks like it is five years old.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lakeway? Share your experiences!