“The real deal” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Lakeway
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Phone 512.300.0946. Please add Santa Catarina restaurant to your listing. Santa Catarina is a unique boutique restaurant that serves interior mexican food.
“The real deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I drove into Austin to eat at Flores, the restaurant that was previously in this location. We were initially bummed to see it was a new restaurant, but we went in because we were hungry.
Greatest decision ever.
I had the pork enchiladas with mole sauce and my husband had the chicken tacos. Both were five stars in our book. Prices are reasonable. There are great happy hour prices from 4-6...7 days a week.
Stop in and try it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Austin, Texas
“Goumet Interior Mexican in Lakeway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Wow! We are so lucky to have this gem so close by. The Cochinito Pibil is AWESOME, as are the hand-made guac and ritas. If you have enjoyed Fonda San Miguel, then you will love this place - the food is the same quality at much more reasonable prices.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“My New Favorite Mexican Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Can't believe I have lived in Austin 11 years and just discovered this great Mexican restaurant in Lakeway. Upon walking in I appreciated the nice Mexican decor and the comfortable seating. They brought complimentary salsa (housemade) and chips (not housemade) which were good, and we paired a few Mexican Martinis with that, which were great. We happened to be there in time for happy hour when all the appetizers were 1/2 off, so we ordered the fresh-made gucamole. It was truly fresh and delicious, and was served with house made fried toritilla chips. Next, we shared the Cochinita Pibil, and were blown away by how delicious everything was. The Cochinita is one of their house specialties, pork slow-roasted in a banana leaf served with mexican rice, beans, and more of the fresh guac, as well as a few of their delicious house-made corn tortillas. We had just returned from a trip to Cabo and this food was every bit as good as what we had in Mexico. To top off the night, we shared the Tres Leches cake that was really delicious. Our server, Miguel, provided excellent service. I have to mention also that I loved all the dishware that the restaurant uses, it is all hand-painted Mexican pottery that makes you feel like you are really eating something special, even before you take a bite. In short, if you love Mexican food, take a trip out to Lakeway and enjoy this gem. A little hard to find, it's in the same plaza where The League is located.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Austin, Texas
“Not sure what the fuss is about...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I wanted to try this restaurant based on the reviews. When we walked in, it was extremely loud, lots of kids - seemed like your average Tex-Mex restaurant to me. The food was good - my husband had the Cochinito Pibil (slow roasted pork wrapped in a banana leaf) and I had the Taquitos Dorados. They were good, but not great. We were not especially impressed.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pasadena, California
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Delicious food, fresh, tasty, light. Served on beautiful plates, restaurant nicely decorated, excellent service. Margaritas are different and highly recommend. I was in Austin, Texas for 5 days and i went twice to this restaurant.

• Visited December 2012