“Perfect Backdrop for Filming a Horror Movie” 1 of 5 stars

Super 8 Lake Jackson
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   915 Highway 332, Lake Jackson, TX 77566-6104   |
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Lake Jackson
Sugar Land, Tx
“Perfect Backdrop for Filming a Horror Movie”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

When I booked this room, I was not expecting much. I just wanted a place to sleep after a long day at the beach. That said, this was worse than I thought it would be. When I walked in the lobby, there was no A/C. I'm pretty sure the computer the guy checked me on was running pre-Windows 95 software. Our room was on the side of the hotel opposite of the highway. As we walked to our room I noticed that nearly every door had forced entry at one point or another. Not a good sign. The rusted A/C units from the upstairs rooms were leaking water on to our heads as we walked by. I opened the door to our room to find a unique blend of smells. The room smelled of dollar store cleaner and old wet blankets. Looking around, the carpet was torn in many places, the floor was uneven, and everything had a layer of grime on it. The comforters on both of our beds had huge holes in them. I can only assume the hotel was trying to convert the blankets into Snuggies. The other sheets on the bed felt like they had been washed a few thousand times with rocks. The TV was probably way ahead of its time in 1985, but only had 12 channels. LITERALLY, 12 channels. The bathroom was more dated than should be allowed. The walls were 1960's wallpaper green with broken pieces scattered along the wall. The bathtub was perhaps suitable for washing pets, but nothing more. The towels they gave us were one small step above shop rags and were probably less absorbent. I think the picture is clear. Being that it was late and we were tired, we stayed. We were woken up many times throughout the night with idiots next to us banging on the door at 130am and a yelling match going on in the parking lot. Nothing like a good old fashioned yelling match to put me right to sleep. Some of this could be due to the fact that this "Super" 8 has a Sports Bar on the premises. So, we made it through the night and I decided it would be interesting to see what "breakfast" was offered. I was not disappointed in my inquiry. The breakfast consisted of: expired Fruit Loops, expired Raisin Bran, old toast, doughnuts that a grocery store threw in the dumpster prior to being claimed by this Super 8, a broken juice machine, unlabeled packages of something that resembled oatmeal, and coffee. In summary, if you enjoy the show Fear Factor or need a good backdrop for a horror film, this is right up your alley. This is not a hotel for kids or people in general.

Room Tip: Avoid entirely. Sleeping in a small tent would be better.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Athens, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

This was my first trip with our friends to lake jackson, tx. We didnt know what to expect on this trip; recap of the weekend, amazing time. We got in late to the hotel, we were dead tired from the drive and all we wanted was to hit the bed. The hostess checked us in mere minutes and the rooms were clean and cool. We woke up early in the morning, got our coffee and donuts and headed out. Overall, the hotel was alot better than the other ones, me and my friends have stayed on when we do our random trips.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010 via mobile

Room was gross. It had ants and the sheets felt dirty. The tv only got 4 channels. The motel was completely inhabited with shady characters. For the same price stay at Cherotel or Tx Inn and Suites.

• Stayed June 2011

Travelers are raving about these Lake Jackson hotels

spring
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2009

I checked in on Friday night, my 1st clue should have been the unprofessionalsm of the girl at front desk. I had advised upon making reservation a week in advance,I may need roll away bed Sat. night. She asked me at check in do I need roll away, I advised I won't know if add'l guest is coming till late Saturday and I'll let her know then. I got to the room...it seemed okay at 1st. I noticed the tub was dirty, but was too tired to complain. Saturday evening (after being gone all day) I came back to room, called front desk (7pm) to ask for rollaway. She said "it's too late you should have called earlier. I said why didn't you tell me there was a certain time frame?" She lied and said she did. .After spending 1/2 an hour on the phone with her trying unsuccessfully to get extra pillows, sheets, anything to make another bed with she finally gave me another room for free because she couldn't even give me basic bedding. I can't believe a business could operate like this. Yes, it solved my problem but I did spend 1/2 an hour frustrated and amazed at her incompetence. She said there was no supervisor or anyone she could call for a key to the housekeeping room where the items are stored. She said she didn't know corp ph# or any way to contact superiors. I called the hotel during business hours to complain and found out that she d even lied to me about her name. It wasn't hard to for them to know who she is considering there is only one girl at front desk Fri & Sat night.. The room had roaches and was dirty. I have left a message for the owner to call me so I can tell them about my stay. The other girls who answer the phone there during business hours seem very polite and appalled at my experience. I will leave another review after and if I talk to Mrs. Patel-owners wife.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2009

Was only going to be in Lake Jackson for 2 nights, so thought the price was really good. Checked in the hotel and found a cockroach in the bathtub. Killed it thinking it was an isolated event. Went to family's house for evening, upon return found more cockroaches and by 10:00 they were coming out and crawling up the walls, accross the floor, and over the tables. These weren't the large dark ones know as tree or water roaches. These were the little gray/light brown ones that are found in infestations. We checked out and went to another hotel. The extra cost was worth not worrying about things crawling on us in our sleep. Dirty hotel.

• Liked — Close to where I was spending the day.
  • Disliked — Cockroaches in the room.
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2006

This was the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. We were in a non-smoking room yet burn holes mysteriously appeared in our bedding after the maids came in--through the top layer and down to the sheets so obviously someone was smoking while making the bed! The place smelled, there was mold and mildew and I think there were bed bugs or fleas in the bedding because I came home covered in bites. Terrible hotel, don't waste your money or risk your health.

• Stayed December 2005

Been to Super 8 Lake Jackson? Share your experiences!